1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 3/5/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Foutixx

Foutixx Member

He was rewarded the “+” because he had a good 4th quarter in a close game. He did produce when it counted. In the end 25 pts 7 boards and 4 assists is not that bad of a stat line despite his horrible first half shooting.A B I guess would of also been a fair Grade however anything below that I find would of been harsh and he definitely didn’t deserve a C.

2. pandazn

pandazn Member

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I expected that this would be a very difficult game for the Rockets, not because of the Cavs, but, because of the return of Yao which requires the team to make a huge adjustment. Despite all the bad things; the horrible officiating, extremely poor shooting, and some really dumb mistakes, I was extremely impressed with Yao's return. He looks much better than I thought he would and the recovery from the "tackle" was amazing. He looks good to go. The rest of the team looked out of sync which is not surprising. I still don't think the Rockets can survive the trade off of Alston's good ball-handling and distribution skills and his horrible shooting and poor defense. The team hasn't looked like a playoff team since the break.

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That scene of Yao Ming crouching on the floor in great pain late in the 4Q was so scary.

And after the game, Yao Ming talked to the Chinese press about this Big Z "steal", and his feelings of his first competitive game after return from his injury.

5. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I usually dont like to blame the refs and the Rockets didnt help themselves at all tonite, BUT the Rockets got jobbed tonite.

6. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

sina?

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

that would have been an illegal tackle in soccer let alone basketball.

it's hard to say we win this game even with balanced calls but the last few minutes of the 4th were pretty jacked up.

8. Roll-Wit-Da-Mac

Didn't get a chance to see the game, but by looking at the game our chemistry is a little off. T-Mac didn't shoot the ball to well at 10-32. But who else would you want to shoot the ball that much when their having a bad shooting night (not including Yao since its his first game back). Rafer? He might end up shooting 6-40. Lebron seemed to have a good game except the fact that he had 12 TO's.

9. bronxfan

bronxfan Contributing Member

not doubting you, but i can't for the life of me find this rule... can you link me where you saw this...

10. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

if you look at closely at the photo you can tell Battier was trying to tell TMAC to watch out for the alley. A total breakdown of communication on defense. :mad: It was still 4 on 4 at this point, there's no excuse for Lebron getting that easy score.

#610 rocketman1979, Mar 6, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  11. yowyao

yowyao Member

john...john sina :D

12. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

maybe Battier was telling Hughes to throw it up for Lebron?

13. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

With the loss, can we start assume Rockets will be fifth place in the playoff?

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Nope, we could be 6th, 7th, 8th or even failed to gain a playoff spot if we keep playing like this.

15. pryuen

16. pryuen

Yao Ming: Did you not f@kcing see him fouling me ??? !@#$%^&*(&^%$#

[​IMG]

17. Jamesxu0218

Jamesxu0218 New Member

:mad: WTF!.F@cking damn refs.
    Yao falling flat on his left shoulder that got tackled by Big Z should call a foul but no whistle!....*******!..Tracy's terrible shooting made me nuts... :(

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

sorry, but those grades are horrible :eek:

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Looking at this picture you can tell that Ilgauskas did not mean to hurt Yao. He's looking back at Yao even though he's supposed to be running down the court on offense.

It was a foul, but at least we know that the guy didn't intentionally take out Yao's knees.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe the grading scale is A to C.

:D

DD