1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. meanplays

meanplays Member

between him and harden trying to share the ball, don't think that's a good idea.....

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm ready for some of that Gay ball.

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Just cause defense isn't our primary focus doesn't mean we'll be abandoning the concept all together. Ariza is arguably the best defender on our team and it would be stupid to trade him just to boost our already potent offense.

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I didn't say that we would be abandoning the concept all together. We will play defense and try to improve on it from last year. While Ariza may be considered our best defender, he severely under performed in that area last year and consistently got beat by his man. More importantly, I don't think he will do well in the new offense.

While Ariza may be better than Gay defensively, I don't think it is by more than Gay is a better offensive player for this new team and offense than Ariza is. Even with that said, I would much rather keep Ariza if we can get Gay without including him.

But if we did get Gay and were able to keep Ariza, I would still put my money on Gay starting at 3 over Ariza, even though most want to say that Gay is a 4 now.

5. jdhu

jdhu Member

Please not Rudy Gay.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Wingmen

We must not enter this second Harden era with him in a starting lineup surrounded by Beverly and Ariza as his wingmen. It hasn't worked and I pray that we understand this. Especially now with the signing of Gordon, I would much prefer that we start Gordon/Harden/Ariza. Even if that means a step back when considering the defensive personnel aspect.

The biggest problem to me is that both Ariza and Beverly at this point are below average starters and my eyes tell me that they aren't as good as their defensive reputations would indicate. We must fix one of those spots by bringing in a player that is better offensively. If we just start Gordon, then we still need to trade for another offensive playmaker from the perimeter.

My ideal scenario is that we start Gordon and lean on improved effort and coaching for better defensive results. We then trade for an offensive creator and sparkplug off the bench. That isn't Beverly either.

7. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Gay to the Warriors would be a super sneaky Les type move... Don't count out Golden State to make this move. Think of the sponsorships and advertising opportunities.

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

When in audit, I looked at a lot of employee and user listings. I once came across an employee whose name was Charlie F*ggot - not lying.

I also used to work with a Philip McCracken - he went by Phil.

1 person likes this.
  9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't get why people are so dismissive of Rudy. I haven't followed him much, but his stats the last few years still look good. Considering Gordon the Gimp's injury issues, I thing Rudy would be our third best player immediately. Honestly, outside of Harden and a couple new guys, we don't have players with much value. If we could trade any of those dudes for a player like Rudy, you do it, and you celebrate. I think this forum is just weird about Rudy because of that classic what thread.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Oh what.... Trevor Ariza and Pat Beverley are going to make a difference at all.....whatever...

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Rudy can create plays, even if they aren't the prettiest. I'd trust him a lot more than the likes of Ariza/Beverley

12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Sigh. And before we blamed all the retreads on JVG. With this trade, it'd confirm Murray's calculator is busted all this time. Not that I needed more proof after this summer.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'd like to see him on the cavs and get a Gay Love connection going tbh

14. YaosDirtyStache

No thanks, dude is TRASH!

15. delishman

delishman Member

As long as it doesn't cost us Lord3za.

16. rockets13champs

morey gonna pull gay trade like he did the lawson trade

17. Chamillionaire

I'd be listening if Ben McLemore or Boogie was on the table.

18. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

Wow how long did it take you to come up with that?

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I have trouble posting this without complete certainty, but it sounds like it's about to become a Shane Battier-Draft-Day Reversal in a few days. "Happy Clutch SF" wants OUT. He deleted twitter rants as well as IG stuff. His contract isn't too bad, but that's the firesale. SAC/PHX/Philly/MIl/ATL (TEAGUE)/Jersey (Crossing fingers for Brooke). Sap is still an option, afterall, Dwight isn't taking ATL anywhere soon, and Sap won't have space to operate. It sounds like our office is pouncing on guys ready for new starts. Well, in Htown, with a new coach, 2 BIRDS!! (plus one more soon), things are very different. Good Riddance to Milkhair's offense...but JBB will rise again as a great coach. ?Rant

Be patient. Things change...but when I got an Ear last night, Iwas excited. With RG, you now have at least 4 guys who can create their own shot and be a game-changer.

I'm just going to be pissed if we give up Trev..that guys is one of the classiest players..

Peace and Love....but Love now wants to stay :( ;)

Cod

#199 Codman, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I glad to see you've been posting more lately. I hope all is well with you. :cool:

1 person likes this.