1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How 2015 Fueled The Rise Of The White Nationalist Alt Right*Movement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dc rock, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The fact that he satirically mirrored racists taking credit for others achievements was obvious but the rest was disturbing to me personally. Probably because I have read many posts by rj over years. I didn't chastise anyone.

Go back to reading and watching things that anger you.

2. amaru

amaru Member

I don't have a lot of tolerance for rednecks like jce15 or whatever his name is. Deep down, they know they are inadequate. Historically, compared to people of African descent, like me, he would have had more advantages. His "superior genetics" have given him nothing. I'm 6 generations removed from slavery of African people in this country (8-10 in my mother's country) and 2 generations removed from sharecropping in this country and 1 generation removed from Jim Crow segregation ( my father remembers not being able to use certain facilities that were "white only" and when the schools were integrated.)

I say all that to say that I am part of the first generation, on my father's side, that has actually enjoyed the full freedoms of this nation.......and I'm still smoking all the white supremacists sitting in their raggedy trailers waiving their battered confederate flags. Hell, I can write a check for everything they "own" and bulldoze their trailers to hell.

These are some of the most backwards people in the history of this country and honestly they are just dead weight. They have long outlived their usefulness and we will have to continue to drag them along as we keep moving forward as a country. In four years of work, I have accomplished more than most of them will accomplish in their entire lives. Their hatred of me, for no other reason than my ancestry, motivates me. They think that they can just wake up and enjoy the privileges of this nation without doing any of the work.

**** that and **** them :mad:

1 person likes this.
  3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No. White supremacy is believing that lunar modules and fractional reserve banking are the collective accomplishment of whites based on their inherent intelligence. White privilege is the notion that Melissa McCarthy or Rebel Wilson get a free pass on her appearance while Gabourey Sidibe does not.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You're trading racial bias for class bias, while clutching to victim narratives as some kind of qualifier for your purported accomplishments. You should try to be "motivated" more by intellectual curiosity and the opportunity to partner with others towards equally ambitious and productive goals, without any regard for their race. Also remember that in any argument about stereotypes, the manual labors from pre-literate civilizations with no bureaucractic societies or overarching, millenia-long philosophical, technological or academic traditions lose every time.

5. amaru

amaru Member

Yea I was waiting for your response :rolleyes:

1) "Redneck" is not a race. It refers to a particular group of white people, not all white people, who have denied the humanity of my family until very recently. They have had the power to control our level of education, our income and even our knowledge of family history. Frankly, I don't care what you say.....**** them. Yes it is personal. It makes me happy to see them struggling in their broken down hovels, clutching to antiquated notions of white superiority while the grandson of a sharecropper consistently smokes them in all things important.
    My father grew up on a plantation complete with overseers. The plantation owners actually looked out for the community, purchasing them homes and giving them a church that cannot ever be sold without the permission of the community. This family even sent a fully paid lawyer down to fight for my father's community when greedy southerners tried to take their land once again. The community won. All parties involved, besides the black community of course, were white. This isn't about the white race, this is about rednecks. **** them.

2) What motivates me is none of your concern as you don't pay ANY of my bills.

3) I'm not arguing anything. I simply stated my feelings in regards to rednecks. A debate implies that my views can be changed. They cannot. I will never have any patience for any person that feels that being of African descent means a person is only fit for servitude. In the US EVERY generation of my family, since the 1600s as far I can tell, has led a life a servitude because of their ethnicity. My father and I are the first to have broken that cycle. I will not apologize for that. Once again, **** rednecks and everything they believe in. They are nothing more than a rusty anchor holding down society. I still bothers me to this day that my paternal grandmother is so conditioned to see them as better than herself simply because of their European ancestry.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Once you vomited your entire screed on a public forum and tried to callously and inaccurately paint your material success favorably to that of certain whites and then attempted to further belittle them with slurs, your motivation became part of the discussion and subject for scrutiny and derision in this thread.

Furthermore, virtually none of the educational or economic opportunities available in this country now were available to anyone of any race during any part of slavery's existence. So at some point you have to stop drawing on that as a means validating or qualifying your accomplishments in comparison to others.

7. amaru

amaru Member

I see you are cherry picking to fit whatever "point" you are trying to make.

So let me sum it up simply for you....since you are having a hard time grasping what I'm trying to say.

1) I can't stand rednecks. This is because of how they have historically treated my family from the 1600s up until the 1970s and 1980s. As you know, slavery in this country was abolished in 1865. Therefore, this is deeper than slavery...although slavery was a part of it.

2) I don't give a flying **** what you think about my motivations for education. Your opinion about my motivation will only ever be important if you ever pay my bills. Since you don't, your opinion is worthless. Post it all you want, however you want, it is still ultimately worthless. This isn't just limited to you, it extends to all who read my posts.

3) I don't HAVE to stop doing anything. This is a free nation and I have the right to think a feel how I want. Your opinion on my speech is meaningless.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Simply put...Pouhe, I don't care what you think. I never had and I never will. You lost all credibility, as much as an online poster can have anyway, with me when you tried to define me as an "black American" without any knowledge of my family history.

I would suggest you stop wasting your time attempting to engage me in any discussion as my position regarding your opinions is highly unlikely to change.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Keep your emotionally wounded and resentful views about whites to yourself, then you won't be expected to defend them. Also, no one has time to strip mine your genealogical background so they acknowledge your convoluted and fetishized sense of African-ness.

10. amaru

amaru Member

Strip mine my ass. When somebody tells you they are not African American, that means that they are not African American.

Typical American, assuming all black people are either here or in Africa

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As entertaining jcee15 posts were I'm finding the reaction to my response to jcee's post as entertaining. Didn't realize a rather over the top post specifically meant to mirror the type of self aggrandizing posts in character of this thread would be interpreted as such a dark window into my id.

But yes you are right there is some truth to the post. Mainly that I do enjoy Irish culture and making love to my GF . S'lainte!

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Amaru's is doing a good job of defending himself but I think you're missing the point. He's not resentful of whites but more his offense at those who still cling to the idea of white racial superiority while, he as the descendant of slaves, is now outperforming them.

You have to consider the context of this thread. This thread has largely been about white supremacy and specifically one poster's argument. In that context Amaru's post is pointing out the problem of that position by showing how he as a black man whose ancestors were oppressed by white men and according Jcee15 reasoning shouldn't be doing well is succeeding.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You've spent this entire interchange lashing out at a regional and economic subset of American whites in the context of your blackness. And now you've switched from chastising me for allegedly calling you black American to claiming and complaining that I called you African American. I think you're trying to assume or project some level of cultural and ethnic complexity that can't be achieved through the bizarre semantics and misplaced indignation you've displayed here.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Since my early post has so unsettled some I will give a more serious post. Looking over my post I can understand why some would find it unsettling. An outright statement of racial superiority and condescension towards the concerns of those not of that race is unsettling. If some of you find it racist and disturbing hopefully that will make you think about it when others, or yourself, make statements about the supposed superiority of your group or the supposed inferiority of another.

Even though I played with it tongue and cheek I've argued to other Asians against the idea of the model minority. For one world wide we aren't a minority and from a lot of Asian history and even with things going on today there's a lot that shouldn't be modeled.

The main argument of this thread by Jcee15 is offensive but leaving out any moral concerns is ridiculously flawed. Just looking at the incoming class of UC Berkeley pretty much shows how flawed an argument that whites are intellectually superior to other races is. Now if I take a position similarly to Jcee's, which I did tongue and cheek, I would say that this proves that we Asians are racially superior above even whites. That said knowing quite a bit about Asian culture, the history of Asian immigration to the US and having to been to many parts in Asia I feel pretty confident that genetics are near the bottom of the list why Asians in the US are doing well academically.

I can understand why some are reacting to the argument of genetic based racial superiority with anger. I've chosen to react to it with humor because it is ridiculous. That said as this thread shows such views persists and should be confronted and called out for what it is. Even though my post was largely tongue and cheek I meant it that Jcee15 shouldn't be banned. He and others like him should be allowed to state their views openly. Frankly I would take that over the coded racism that still colors much of our debates.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Here's a scary fact for you. Most of the people that spew this drivel on Stormfront and those other sites are actually pretty well to do people (affluent). It's not like most of them post from a trailer park or slum somewhere in the deep South. That's not the case at all these days as concluded from anonymous trackers that have compiled this data. It could b the doctor that you thought was always so nice but unusual or the bank teller giving advice on how to invest your money. White Nationalists come from all walks of life.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Good point. Would you consider affirmative action a apart of white privilege?

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Did I give an answer that implied I agreed with either concept?

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just google "who benefited the most from affirmative action". You will find that it is unanimously white women that actually did overall. Something conservatives won't ever admit to.

19. amaru

amaru Member

Nothing is complicated about my ethnicity. It's actually quite simple. Black Americans don't have West Indian mothers. You aren't the first American who has tried to pigeon hole us into one of your ethnic groups. My mother has always identified as a mixed race woman.....she didn't become "black" until she immigrated to the United States and Americans decided that she had to be "black" because she had a West Indian accent. The only group of black people who are ignored more than us in the Caribbean are those in South America.

She obviously fought against being labeled as a "black" person. The word "black" was never really popular in our country. To this day, our official census lists people as Indian, African, Mixed, Asian, etc. "Black" wasn't used to describe us until American influences started to enter the country.

20. amaru

amaru Member

This guy gets it.