1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYDN: Melo is only listening to the Rockets' pitch because of...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 28, 2014.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

This thread is so good in that it really shows that our *trust* in reports is only as much as how much they line up with our own opinions.

Rockets fans opinions of McHale = Low
    Therefore, article that says someone likes McHale = "NYDN is worthless!"

On the flip side,

Rockets fans opinion of our ability to get Melo = Low.
    Therefore, article that says Rockets have no chance to get Melo = "See, looks like we're not getting Melo"

An example of a NYDN article of something not as disagreeable with clutchfans opinions: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=201115 Notice the suspicious lack of disregarding a supposed worthless source?

The truth is, if the NYDN article had said "Melo only gives Rockets token gland because he doesn't like McHale", I bet you very few people would be questioning that it's a NYDN article and instead spend the next season referring to it every time a chance to bash McHale comes up.

And people wonder why media never reports facts.

2. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

People can be so gullible.... I don't put stock in NONE of today's rumor reported media unless it's Yahoo's Woj or USA today's Amick. Everyone report rumors and the NY Daily people are bums. They are typical new Yorkers who believe that NO WAY in HELL Melo would give Houston a shot; who would leave almighty NY to live in Houston? Arrogant d!ick seeds....New York is a giant trash can. Stop jumping off bridges, living and dying on every rumor beat writers report.....if its not the two above, then wait until the players say it themselves. I hate today's media....it really needs to regulated, I honestly wish it could. Hold people accountable for false stories that affect people's lives

2 people like this.
  3. Remii

Remii Member

I think you can be upset with Harden's playoff performance but being mad because he's not begging LeBron and Melo to come here is a little over the top. Especially when most experts think both of those guys will stay where they are at. Plus recruiting isn't his job, he needs to be concentrating on his defense.

4. MichaelG281713

Only Carl..smh.

Dude is a troll and nothing else.

Nobody is in Melo's head. Especially not the biased source he used.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Without the advantage of knowledge that it has been pointed out in this Thread I will remind you, and all, that the byline belongs to the emptiest byline in mainstream sports, less than the teen blogger, Mitchie Lawrence.

Mitch Lawrence? Wow, Zen told him to write this so he did.

6. MichaelG281713

You give the NYDN too much credit.

Bad example.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You people are predictably narrow-minded.

Anyone who posts anything that doesn't agree with the consensus among you narrow-minded people gets called "a troll" and any media outlet that reports anything that you narrow-minded people cannot imagine must be making things up.

The only thing that are allowed to be posted here according to some of you people are "McHale sucks!," "Lin must die!," and "Harden is 24 years old and a wonderful superstar!"

8. Possum

Possum Member

Ny still pissed about linn!!!!! Hey you want him he's available.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If so, this makes me like him even more. I will always gravitate more towards the guy who isn't looking for the easy way out.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

DH would not be here without McHale. Sorry haters. He needed McHale's tutelage to help him back up his LA pouting about lack of post touches.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think you mean " James Harden sucks " and "what's hardens trade value" and my personal favorite " "we will never win with Harden because.. insert lame reason"

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't set on getting rid of McHale, but if getting McHale will make sure Melo doesn't step foot in Houston, then McHale needs to go.

I give Harden props for not being willing to recruit Melo. LeBron most likely isn't going anywhere, so why waste time in a heavy recruiting mission.

13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I never have, and never will get my hopes up for the Rockets to land Melo, or LBJ. If it happens, it happens, but I'm not gonna hold my breath, because I just don't think it's gonna happen.

14. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Team work, make the dream work

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, the main player that needs to respect McHale is already on the team... and he doesn't respect him.

Too late. Crap defense IS taking the easy way out.

Rockets might be better off with no McHale and no Dwight. We already had Asia at a much cheaper rate.

16. AbrahamLincoln

This times a million. And if we strike out on Superstars we need wing defenders on short term deals. Defense is a big issue for this squad as it is now.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

Did you ever consider that maybe he doesn't want to offend his current teammates?
    Maybe he genuinely likes them and respects what they bring to the table as well as what a big name free agent may bring.
    Maybe he doesn't see the team as being in desperate need of help.
    Maybe he understands that even if they fail to land a major free agent, this is still a damn good team on the rise.
    Maybe he believes, like many of us do, that experience and maturity for our young roster and another year together for our stars will also greatly improve a team that already won 54 games in it's first year together.
    Maybe he believes that post All-Star break run the team went on before the injuries to Dwight and Beverley gives you an idea of the potential of this team, and therefore there is no need to panic.

Or maybe, being a player himself, he wants to give those guys the room he would want when making such a crucial decision, especially since it's already known the Rockets are interested.

Just a few "maybes" to consider.

2 people like this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yes, let's get rid of Morey. Promote mchale to gm.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not about not agreeing with what is reported. It's about the garbage source you are using to make your narrow-minded point.

We are all narrow-minded. The difference is in how you present your narrow viewpoints.

1 person likes this.
  20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

So many of you latch onto stories without considering the source.