1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Howards Commitment to Winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeacePeace, Nov 12, 2013.

1. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

I'll preface this by saying I am not a Lin fan.

But when games are getting into crunch time, you see players like Lin, Beverley, Garcia, etc. get involved in the game. You see their competitiveness, like they are really playing to win the game primarily.

Harden and Howard seem like their playing for other reasons, sure winning would be nice, but it seems for numbers, fame, etc. They don't seem as locked in as their superstar counterparts (aside from mello).

You don't have to be vocal to be locked in, there are plenty of players that show how involved they are without yelling n screaming. H&H don't seem to fit it.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll turn it on later on in the season.

Peace

2. strifed169

strifed169 Member

I have to agree with you on Harden's part, you could tell he's just playing for his stats

3. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

This post could be put into 18 other threads. Come on man

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If Harden cared about numbers, why was he cool with coming off the bench for OKC? Why would Dwight leave Orlando if he didn't care about winning where he was the most loveable player in the league?

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

This is so bad. you are misinterpreting his slow feet to his unwillingness to win. Remember he had a flu and sore feet.

Be positive guys

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

howard gets fustrated easily and it show's - i think to me it means he isn't as strong mentally as say a Kobe or LBJ. So when he isnt getting the ball and scoring and the denfense is geared on him, he mentally checks out sometimes.

Harden, I think he likes to win but he has been injured and he likes to make the pretty plays. He often times misses the small stuff. But that is a star for you, may play at half pace for 98% of the time but at the last 2% he'll show up big. (currently he being injured only - last year he was pretty good most of the time).

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's not playoff time yet the season just started...

8. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Just cause they don't show the emotions of other players, doesn't mean they are there for stats and fame.

Some people have to realize Harden is not healthy at all. Not ONE bruised foot, TWO bruised feet!

9. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Like Lebron did when was in Cleveland or with miami in the finals against Dallas? Dwight has only been in the finals one time this is his first season here give it time...

11. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Please explain. I must be watching a different game than you. I can tell there's a lack of urgency on offense and lack of effort on defense at times from Harden, but I really doubt he's padding up his stats. I mean what good would that do for him?

12. yummyhawtsauce

Agreed. If you saw when Lin his the drive in overtime, where Lin lit up and chest bumped TJones, they were both into it. Howard? His face was like, "yeah good job." Where's the fire man, and happiness a teammate? They need to buy in and become a unit. I get it that Dwight wants to be the man to prove everyone that he is still the number one center in the league. But tbh, his post moves are horrible and he is not the same player.

I don't know if Harden is actually playing for his stats, but one thing is clear, he is definitely playing to be the man, to be the hero for the team to saves them all. Well, Lin is the one that carried. A team should have a new hero when opportunity arises, and each should be celebrated. Small wins are wins too. Lin and Bev genuinely celebrate each other. When Bev hit a big 3 I think, Lin ran to Bev to congratulate him. These guys have team spirit. But I think this situation could be a lot worse. I mean most of the guys on the team at least are very supportive and want each other to succeed.

Hope the chem and team dynamics improve and get better. On to the next one.

13. Nook

Nook Member

This is stupid. Harden doesn't care? He consistently has played hurt, the Rockets have literally forced him to sit. He should have sat out a number of games last year as well as already 2 this season.

Harden is stubborn, but he is committed to winning.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

This has to be a joke in regards to Howard. He puts forth the hardest effort of anyone on the team to me. Yes he misses FTs and his offensive skill set leaves something to be desired but we already knew this. The man is one man wrecking machine on the boards and contest every single shot.

15. tarzanman

tarzanman Member

I don't see this with Harden. He comes across as one who's too cool for school and not one to wear his emotions on his sleeve but I do see the desire to win.

16. grauser01

grauser01 Member

Harden cares about winning but his problem is his mentality. He wants to do it alone and doesn't really trust his comrades if they don't have the hot hands.
    And sometimes he overrates his skills too much. He thinks that he alone can win against 5.

As a leader he should play clever! He should know that the best possibility to win is to play as a team. If he does this (like in many minutes against Toronto) he is more valueable than the iso Harden.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Did people here just start watching the NBA or something. Harden isn't some brand new player that we are just now getting to know his personality.

Harden has a laid back demenour about him that people who don't know about him could take the wrong way. But if you've watched him play basketball the past 4 years, seen him sacrifice in OKC, seen him play through countless injuries here in Houston etc.... Yeah... He cares.

And while we are on playing through injuries... Is this the first people are watching this new guy named Howard or something ???? Should we question his stat stuffing while he put up 35 and 20 with a back that needed surgery in Orlando and played through a torn labrum all last year??? Also why again did he leave Orlando.... Oh yeah to be famous in LA right..... Oh wait why did he leave LA then....Sh$&... I got nothing.

This is probably the worst thread of the day... Congrats (that's saying a lot nowadays)

THEY CARE

1 person likes this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well those two players have won more than the rest of the team combined...

19. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

one guy carried his team to the finals and got like 17 and 10 in the first half of the prev game

and another guy helped carry his team to the finals and played 47 minutes with sickness and in pain the prev game

yeah they both aren't competitive they prioritize winning :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.