ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Conspiracy Theories Be Damned Just Enjoy The Game
Jeff is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
Jeff
Clutch Crew
Jeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #7
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5318/c...njoy-the-game/

Sponsored Link
RV6 is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
It's really frustrating to watch the GARM self-destruct 6 games into the season. I can't believe people thought it would be easy. A lot of people assumed getting along off court would equal on court chemistry.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Last edited by RV6; 11-08-2013 at 12:13 PM.

roxxy is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
Last night's game was amazing I was watching while at work and nearly got myself fired. I personally am accepting of the direction this team has taken.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

cloudng8 is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
cloudng8
Contributing Member
cloudng8 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49056
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
It's really frustrating to watch the GARM self-destruct 6 games into the season. I can't believe people thought it would be easy. A lot of people assumed getting along off court would equal on court chemistry.
Exactly, People are just assuming everything would fall into place. I dont expect this team to hit there stride until after the all star break.

trigun333 is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
trigun333
trigun333 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #37383
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudng8 View Post
Exactly, People are just assuming everything would fall into place. I dont expect this team to hit there stride until after the all star break.
This^^^ times 100. I totally agree. It's going to take time for this team to gel and hit its stride. There are 82 games in a season, people are acting like there are only 16.

JustAGuy is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
JustAGuy
JustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53274
It is not all macro and micro.

Harden & Howard are great players who can lift the entire team up. But both of them have a frustrating capacity to drag the entire team down when they are playing badly.

FOBolous is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
FOBolous
FOBolous is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52866
Lost to the Lakers by one point and..."omg! the sky is falling!" or "Howard hates Lin!" or "McHale should change his name to McFail!"

nvm the Rockets have one of the best record in the NBA right now. nvm that the Rockets have the 2nd best points differential in the Western Conference...the best prior to last night's Lakers game. nvm that Harden and Howard looked like the best duo in the NBA one game ago vs the Blazers combining for 62 points on 67% shooting.

Overraction much? stop spreading baseless rumours of discontent in the locker room. stop trying to analyze every smile, win, scrowl, squint, frown, ect ect ect. RELAX!!!!

NotChandlerParsons is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
NotChandlerParsons
NotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52762
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
This forum self destructs after a road loss to the Heat.

Fyreball is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Fyreball
Contributing Member
Fyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39843
Seriously, once they figure out how to be effective in the Twin Towers Set (or just decide to scrap it altogether), this team will take a major step in the right direction. Right now, things are a bit discombobulated because teams are sagging on Dwight in the post, and leaving Asik due to his inability to finish at the rim. To me, he's taken a HUGE step backwards as far as his ability to catch the ball near the basket, and finish strong. Because of this, teams can basically clog the strong side of the paint, keep us from penetrating, and force us to shoot 3's with Beverley and Parsons (neither of whom are fantastic 3 point shooters from the elbows). Unless Asik makes teams pay for leaving him open or our shooting improves, we'll continue to see this occur. However, with that being said, this team is 4-2 (should be 5-1) and trending upwards. I'm not concerned whatsoever.

Pizza_Da_Hut is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Pizza_Da_Hut
Pizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herePizza_Da_Hut is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13337
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy View Post

Harden & Howard are great players who can lift the entire team up. But both of them have a frustrating capacity to drag the entire team down when they are playing badly.
Way to read the article buddy.

All in all a great post. I still have some reservations about this team, but even the Heat in their first season struggled a bit to get it together. Six games in they were 4-2 as well. They dropped an easy game to NO and a hard game to Boston. Kinda like we lost to the Clips and LA?

Wild about them Cats!

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Agreed. The whole "camera face" thing, btw, seems to be the basis of how most of the negative political attack ads get made during election season.

Basically, look at the video of your opponent giving a speech or what not, and pull out a frame of them with their mouth open or looking weird. Same thing with sound bytes: pick the worst sounding quote and interpret it in the most negative way.

Trying to read too much into body language of guys talking to each other for a few seconds is silly. I'd rather watch how they actually perform on the court-- whether they actually executing on both ends of the floor is more of an issue right now than whether they supposedly scowled at each other.

yummyhawtsauce is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
yummyhawtsauce
Rookie
yummyhawtsauce is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodyummyhawtsauce is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2013
Member: #56513
I agree with most points of this article. Many people are over reacting based on small details of the game and trying to guess what really happened. I can admit to doing that myself.

But you cannot avoid it. It is human nature to want to guess and speculate. We love the drama. Gives us something to talk about.

conquistador#11 is online now Old 11-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
The Rockets Are Due On Polk Street.

JustAGuy is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
JustAGuy
JustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodJustAGuy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Da_Hut View Post
Way to read the article buddy.

All in all a great post. I still have some reservations about this team, but even the Heat in their first season struggled a bit to get it together. Six games in they were 4-2 as well. They dropped an easy game to NO and a hard game to Boston. Kinda like we lost to the Clips and LA?
Clearly didn't express myself well. If you watch the whole game you get frustrated by the team's play. This has nothing to do with dissection of every detail (the micro) or people searching for dirt or someone being a "winner" (the macro). It is just general frustration.

In this case it was with the best player on the court dragging the team down with crappy defense, and offense less than fully engaged when he didn't have the ball. That is going to cause people to go off on him in one direction or another, whatever the "macro" or "micro" of the internet is.

Clutch is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Thanks Jeff... enjoyed the read. I think you made some great points. We have to stay focused on the big pict... wait, why is Jeremy Lin the only one not smiling in that photo?!?

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Play07 is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #16
Play07
Play07 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPlay07 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPlay07 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2013
Member: #56270

Breitbard is offline Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
Breitbard
Contributing Member
Breitbard is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2013
Member: #56120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Thanks Jeff... enjoyed the read. I think you made some great points. We have to stay focused on the big pict... wait, why is Jeremy Lin the only one not smiling in that photo?!?

Clearly Howard and Harden have decided to have fun at Lin's expense. Great photo to use with the article.

j/k

apollo33 is online now Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
apollo33
apollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy View Post

literal blanket statement about every athlete alive or have lived

Everyone has the capacity to drag an entire team down when they are playing bad, Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, Durant

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

JustAGuy is offline Old 11-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #19
JustAGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post

They just told him he's paying for the trip to Vegas.

jump shooter is offline Old 11-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #20
jump shooter
Contributing Member
jump shooter is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1342
Building chemistry takes time especially for a very young team like the rockets.