1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Dei

Dei Member

Morey probably targeted Lin from the start. Possibly worked on the Harden deal. Who knows for sure. But, as jose said, if they wanted, they could've smoothed things out.

Your zingers are lame.

2. Dei

Dei Member

Oh god whatever. You Lin fans and your conjectured excuses.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah but like New York knew... Lin needs to learn from a more experienced and better point guard. We don't have that here and it's shameful that you could arguably compare him to Toney Douglas right now... Its seriously that bad. Jones is power forward that has all the tools but has not been given the chance that Lin already has.

4. torocan

torocan Member

Well, it seems you've forgotten the exact sequence of events, so, I present to you the gift of Hindsight....

I refer you to the following threads from CLUTCHFANS....

Goran to meet with Suns on Tuesday, July 03
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=222307

Rockets/Dragic FAR Apart, July 04
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=222312

Jeremy Lin will visit Houston tomorrow, July 3

Rockets offer $30M to Lin, July 4

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=222437

Enjoy!

5. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Right back at you Lin haters and your prejudged bias. There's no conjecture in what I said. Sampson admitted they hadn't been running any plays for Lin before the last game.

Lin having the a USG rate at 46/50 PGs in the league is not conjecture.

If you watch the games before last night, count the number of screens Harden got, vs Lin got vs the opposing team's starting PG got you would see the difference as night and day. Again, observable fact, not conjecture.

6. BBAL

BBAL Member

All I know is the coaching staff cut him here. He went to NY played lights out. He comes back, and now he looks nothing like the Lin in NY.

The coaching staff didn't evaluate him properly the first time around. Seems like the same issue.

On top of that, there's little reason he should have sat instead of TD who was taking shots in OT while going 2-11 while Lin puts up a double-double. TD's not even a better defender.

Makes little sense.

7. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Yes, only if you have zero understanding of basketball. You could make such a comparison.

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Exactly right.

Houston tells us Lin was no good last year. Waived him.
    Went to NY and became an international phenomenon. Comes back to Houston. Houston tells us Lin is no good. Benches him.

Can't make this stuff up.

1 person likes this.
  9. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Look, Dragic and Lowly didn't want to be here in Houston because they know what a joke this coaching staff is.

10. jose

jose Member

You guys are simply ridiculous claiming bias. Im not even sure how many of you were rockets fans before Lin came here.

You know who I liked? Yao Ming. Cause he was one of the top centers his whole career while being here, didnt b**** about anything and gave it his all. Deserved recognition.

Lin plays well in like 20 games after being determined a scrub by a billion other teams(like the Warriors, who he also had a low fg% with), EVEN the Rockets cut him and he ended up in New York.

Then last year, Lin didn't even play against the Heat in the playoffs because his knee was "only 85%" as if he didnt believe it was possible to compete against them and bailed on his team mates who got thrown to the wolves. Yao played in playoff games with immense pain in his feet/ankles/knees whatever.

I hope Im wrong but Rox won't ever be winning playoff games if they have to rely on Lin as a starter, he is a backup player at best.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I loved what i saw from lin. He took less jumpshots and instead put the ball on the floor on a few occasions. I was encouraged that he attacked the basket. Now is he where we thought he'll be by this time of the season no and even lin will admit so far he has had his issues, but i'm encouraged by the snippets and samples of what he can do. Lets hope he gets it going by mid-season.

Lets not discourage our players by calling them jokes.

12. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

what i dont get is wtf happened to Lin's creative offensive game?

its either he's driving to the basket uncontrollably or he's a spot up shooter.

Where are the stop and pops?

where are the tear drops?

where is the mid range game?

its as if he completely forgot how to play offense.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Lin wasn't even cleared to play by the doctors.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Look at his other stats, besides scoring, and the only joke you will find is this thread. Harden, Asik, and Lin are still your core for this team. One of them down and the team will feel it.

15. Dei

Dei Member

I don't see how this refutes what jose said. They were far apart from the start. It just sounds like Morey never wanted Goran.

16. awarde2

awarde2 Member

Why is this thread even here, because it totally irrelevant. You people talk about the Lin lovers, well this is a Lin hate thread with a lot of negative crap that disguises itself as a legit thread with absolutely no facts.smh:rolleyes:

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Chandler is a huge part as well.

18. torocan

torocan Member

The point was that Lin WAS the only option available unless you were shooting for Ramon Sessions.

Lowry wanted out.
    Morey put what he felt was an offer they could live with on the table to Dragic and Turned it down.

All the other high value PG's were already gone (Nash, Williams, etc), which meant Lin was the best option available.

You can argue that he didn't want Goran, but he put an offer on the table that he thought was fair. You can WANT a player and NOT take them because you believe that they are asking for too much.

Goran was told repeatedly that a 4th year Player option was off the table. Goran COULD have taken the offer if he really wanted to stay. He's really not making more per year in Phoenix than he would if he stayed.

Morey wanted flexibility for trades. Goran wanted stability. That's the breaks.

Harden wanted a max contract. OKC didn't want to give him max. That doesn't mean OKC didn't want Harden and Harden didn't want to stay in OK.

So really, just because Morey didn't want to sell out on his principles doesn't mean he didn't want it to work with Dragic. And just because he sided with McHale doesn't mean that he didn't want to keep Lowry or that they didn't like Lowry. Lots of people can't work with other people.

Heck, I have friends I'd never want to work with.

Morey and McHale did what they thought was best for the franchise. Folks should stop trying to attach conspiracy theories to it that they were secretly trying to get rid of them or Lin was the master plan all along.

Basketball is a business. Players know it. Coaches know it. Management knows it.

Fans love to ignore it.

19. Dei

Dei Member

And jose's point was that Morey could've gotten Goran if he really wanted to.

20. Dei

Dei Member

Alright. Cite please.