1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lucas Nogueira, C Brazil

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LandryMegaBeast, Apr 24, 2011.

1. LandryMegaBeast

[Yahoo] Brazilian prospect Lucas Nogueira declares for NBA draft

Article on Lucas Nogueira

Im seeing a lot of buzz about him on CF and wanted to know the general opinion about him

didnt see this, but lock if already posted

LMB

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_brazilian_prospect_nba_draft_042311

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

If we're lucky, we can get him with the 23rd?

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

With three draft picks this year, and one more year on Thabeet and Jordan Hill's contract, I say this would be a great pick this year given he takes another year to develop in Spain, and in the FIBA tournaments.

Not sure if he has a contract with the Estudiantes in Spain, but that should not matter unless they just locked him up for years this Spring.

International bigs, even one's as bad as David Andersen, still hold alot of value in trades as well.

However, Im not sure he is worth the 14th pick in the draft, and that might be where you would have to snag him at. At the 23rd place in the draft, some of Morey's "picks" most likely will still be there because Im sure he has a few he likes that fly under the radar, so Im not too worried about that pick being a quality player.

If they feel like this kid has enough upside to be a quality NBA Center then I say take him.

5. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Seems like a another Hasheem Thabeet to me. Don't think he will become anything special.

6. guoxiangsu

guoxiangsu Member

lucas??he is tall and can blockshot。anyway he is thin, we can choice him and let him playing in other place

7. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

A couple of mock drafts have us choosing this young stud out of Brazil. Have any you clones heard of this guy???? If so have you heard any details on his GAME!!?????

2011 NBA Mock Draft: How the Entire First Round Will Shake Out
    By Jay Wierenga on May 18, 2011

14. Houston Rockets: Lucas Nogueira, C Brazil

8. msn

msn Member

in before the forum move! :p

9. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

maybe he can help the Astros

10. msn

msn Member

can he take a walk?

11. cglede

he probably can do much better than the stros current roster... 2nd worst record in MLB

12. cglede

Well, lets change this up. If the astros turn out to have the worst record in the BIGS who would be some potential first round picks for us???

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He's a legit 7 footer and is a defensive monster. But he is super skinny and built like a broom stick. He will be stashed overseas for a few years before he comes here, imo. And yes, wrong forum my fellow clone.

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The thing with Nogueira is that his all potential right now. So drafting him, you'd be drafting for the future, and a guy who you probably coudn't even get on the court his rookie year. But with that said his potential is enourmous, he can truly become something special down the line.

As far as where he would go in the draft; from what I heard he won't get past Portland with 21st pick, there's even been some rumbling about the Knicks and Wizards selecting him with the 16th and 17th respectively. But If push comes to shove, I'd be open to drafting Nogueira with the 14th pick, just to secure him to our drafting pool of young players.

15. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

I'm okay with potential since none of the players outside the top 5 look promising. Yes, we'd be drafting for the future but the reward, like with the Lakers Bynum, could be great if the Rockets are patient. I would absolutely take this kid as a project. All he needs is some added strength and he could be a major force down the road. The kid is only 18 and has already proven he can play against Team USA so it’s well worth the gamble in my opinion. Remember, you can’t teach height, and in this case you’d be getting a true 7’ kid with athleticism to boot. Plus, he’s agile having played soccer as a kid. Hmm, let’s see, a 7’ shot blocker with agility (soccer player) and athleticism. Sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yujF_CkI_eM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpcRvg5RRV0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPIpLNyWpQo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_-5fJFFzZc&feature=related

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

A solid SF at 14 and this kid at 23 would make me very happy if we decided to make no moves.

17. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

The problem is that these articles keep saying he plays for Estudiantes. He does not. His rights are owned by Estudiantes. He actually plays in a high school competition.

Next season he might move into an amateur club, but it would be very doubtful if he actually played for Estudiantes next year.

18. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Is he still in the Draft I don't see him the NBAdraft.net mock

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah. He is on DX and others. I don't think he was ever on NBAdraft's mock.

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Dream on.;)