1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talked to someone that died today....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 15, 2010.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think you've watched TRON too many times.

;)

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

back where you started, eh?

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

don't use your math and fancy geometry to try to trick me, finalsbound.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

No lol, 360 is a full turn hu... I ment my life completely changed.... :D

5. right1

right1 Member

When my great-grandmother died at 99 in a nursing home, her roommate said she woke in the night and heard her speaking in a little girls voice to her sister who had died about 15 years before. When the nurses came in the next morning, they realized she had died in her sleep.

6. junglerules

junglerules Member

The stories that fascinate me are the near death "out of body" experiences where the people who are temporarily dead are able to "float" above their bodies and see things they couldn't possibly see if laying flat on their backs in an ER room or whatever. Also, there are documented stories of blind people being able to "see" these details in those moments of being dead. Just amazing stories, regardless of your beliefs.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My cousin was only 25 and had 2 kids. She was in bed parylized (cancer) while her husband would go out to the clubs.She would fear going to sleep thinking she would never wake up to see her kids. She couldnt afford her medicine because her insurance wouldnt cover it.My mom would try to sell hot meals to raise for her medicine. Me not making alot of money, I would buy 3 plates just to help out. She died this saturday and when they were burying her people saw tears come out when they told the kids to say bye.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Whether this stuff happens for real or in the imagination doesn't really matter to me. Either way, it is real. I regard the experiences I have had in dreams to have been real experiences. If I were asked if I'd ever been able to fly, I'd say yes. It was in a dream, but I have definitely flown.

9. Blunt

Blunt Member

Lucid dreaming.

The first time I experienced this I flew, I don't care what anyone tells me. I know what it feels like to fly. The wind making my eyes water up, my heart racing, shouting crazily just full of joy.

Our minds are just a missing key away from us unlocking it's power, it's up to ourselves if we want to open it.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

[​IMG]

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

This is what I think happens after people die (perpetually subject to change):

Everything, including people, are part of a living universe. The universe that we live in is itself a living organism, perhaps immortal. I see each human being as an organ in a organism, an organ which interacts with other organs (such as other people, rocks, trees, etc.) in order to serve the needs of the entire organism, or as how organelles, such as mitochondria, function with other organelles as a part of a single cell. That makes our universe the living entity that we are a part of, ultimately. Although in some way we can think of ourselves as separate entities, like how organs can be thought of as separate entities, in another way we are each still one member of many types of subwholes (for example, our society), much like other animals such as ants and elephants, which seem to each interact with others of its species and even other species as different organs in this suborganism (the planet). In addition, this model of life seems to extend infinitely in both directions, to the infinitely tiny as well as to the infinitely large (universe)- quarks make up atoms, atoms make up organelles, organelles make up cells, cells make up organs, organs make up organisms, organisms make up species, species make up ecosystems, ecosystems make up biomes, biomes make up planets, and so on.

Why have we not detected this living universe yet? It seems that are unable to even comprehend its consciousness, similar to how a rock cannot comprehend how it is to be a human or a strand of DNA cannot comprehend how it is to be a cell. The way of consciousness other things possess are so beyond human senses that we do not consider them to be alive, because the way that they are alive are so different from ours.

I believe that if we are merely organs in an immortal living universe, then after we die our existence is not extinguished. We are merely reincorporated into the infinite consciousness that is the universe. We instantly regain our awareness of everything that has ever happened in the universe, in the past and future, all at the same time. We become one again with the universe. After death, we regain the infinite, omniscient consciousness that we were a part of before being born, ascending the limited consciousness of the human body we were trapped in.

But why are we here then? Why would the universe separate a part of itself from itself to spend a lifetime experiencing what it's like to be so limited just to reincorporate it back into itself? Well, if the universe is alive, and everything that is alive grows, then the universe also must grow in some way. That's where our lives come in. Every time a person learns something, from its own, unique vantage point (and dies), the universe reaches a new level of consciousness. The universe's consciousness grows, basically, because after death everything the separated consciousness learned returns to the complete consciousness, thereby adding to it and growing it.

Returning to a more traditionally religious sense, we rejoin everyone we've ever known and return to a state of existence which just so happens to feel like the heavenly satisfaction of all of our desires. Death is not something to be feared, just the end of a process where we each grow a part of the universe and develop it in a way that is unique to ourselves, and then gets reabsorbed into the whole. Then (if you no longer conceive of human beings as separate entities but merely part of one thing), "we" will merely move on as a part of the universe to whatever next phase is next. Like how the atoms in our dead human bodies return to utility as part of the ground or move back up the food chain via worms, what previously constituted "us" perhaps will also be put to use in some other way, such as reform as something else, maybe as part of the rocks and water on Earth, or perhaps another part of the galaxy that we aren't even aware of yet as humans.

I read a quote somewhere that I think is fitting. "We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience." Our bodies is not what lasts over time. It's our consciousness that lasts.

12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

When my grandma was in the last two weeks of her life she kept saying that people would come into her room at night and that she would go into some weird trance where she later said that they were tending to get her ready. I didn't know what to make of it but I was scared for her so I ask God to give me a sign that she was going to be ok. The next day while I was just sitting by her bed with other family members and we were talking and out of nowhere she told everybody to leave except me. She looked at me and she told me not to worry he promises that everything will be ok. I have never been so ****ing scared in my life and I burst out in tears. And then later that night I saw something that my mind cannot fathom and made me know for sure that she was going to be ok. It's scarier to know God exists then it does to have faith that he does.

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I thought this thread was going to be about talking to a ghost (like the other thread). but this is a nice and interesting story.

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Last christmas break we had a friend come back from kuwait, he had been working as security over there after getting out of the marines, he had been gone for 9 or so months, we partied our ass off until the night before he was supposed to leave, sadly that night i stayed at my girlfriends house and told him i would come by in the morning and spend his last few hours with him before his flight back to kuwait left. That morning after my girl left for work, i saw the door swing open with an energetic presence, that i could only fit to him, it was his presence i know it in my heart, this was the most lucid dream ive ever had and i looked at the door startled then felt a calm and the energy i felt when i was around him, then i woke up it seemed like a 2nd time, about 5 min. after i went outside to smoke a cig and my cousin called me and i asked him what time our friend was leaving and he told me to come home in a dark voice, our friend passed away that morning, liquor poisoning....i wish i had gone out the night before, but i found comfort in the fact that i told him that i loved him new years eve and he knew he was a brother to all of us, the way he acted over the break its almost like he knew what was coming...he was 23...only been out of the marines for a year, some things are not meant for us to understand, i believe in science and the afterlife, the latter is too complicated for any equation to ever figure out

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

The near-death experiences described in this thread resemble the experiences described in the salvia thread and about the same chemicals produced for drug experiences/dreams being the same as as the chemicals produced when you die.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Who here has had any hallucinations? Have you?

I read a book a couple of years ago "90 minutes in Heaven" written by Don Piper who was killed in a head-on crash on a two-lane bridge as I recall.

He was "called" dead and his body remained in his mangled car for those 90 minutes before they could untangle the mess so his body could be removed. When they went to remove his body, the EMTs newly noted signs of life and he was taken to the hospital.

The first half of the book deals with his life-after-death experience, while the second deals with the extensive surgery and rehab on his leg which was severely damaged. The collision literally flung some of his leg bones out of and away from his body.

#56 giddyup, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010