1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Big Ten, Texas have initial talks

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

was similar in 2006.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

added it to my original post. #18.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

That link has nothing to do with their performance in athletic sporting events. What has A&M excelled at lately that should put them in the top twenty of athletic programs? That would be like me bragging about Notre Dame being the second best athletic program in the nation and using that link.

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

5. Convictedstupid

..He gave you a link...

6. Convictedstupid

I lied. I think A&M basketball is bigger than OSU basketball.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

PUF monies

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, i'm trying to figure out where the hell I saw the other information from 07, since forbes list is saying OSU was new to the top 20. (maybe i r dumb and saw Ohio State... still looking)

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

11. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

Not that it matters but those endowment numbers are for the University of Texas System, not UT-Austin alone.

There are a total of nine universities (UTEP, UTSA, UT-Austin, etc.) and six health institutions that share that money. All the other institutions on that list are single entities expect for the A&M system and University of California.

#771 sabirk, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Yeah, but UT is #5 by a super-wide margin. I think the latest numbers have their endowment at $12b and the #6 university endowment is around $6b.

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Now, now. Corvallis is a decently cool little college town with lots of shabby Victorians occupied by absent-minded professors and students. Top it off with a number of nice local brew joints and a view of the Coast Range and a short jaunt to the rugged Oregon coast and it's not the town you're trying to portray here... though they don't have much in the way of four or five star hotels. From now on, when you want to make that point, please use Pullman instead.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Mack knows how difficult it is to travel 2 time zones with a team. It just seems if the big 12 loses a couple schools, there are some programs ready to step up. I mean, when was the last time colorado or nebraska have been players in anything?

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not sure who made this but not bad.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTbc98uqofI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTbc98uqofI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lose Colorado and Nebraska bring in Notre Dame and Arkansas...

DD

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Arkansa aint going nowhere. ND is interesting though. I like utah to get a shot.

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Didn't see this quoted. A lot of folks was wondering why Texas or A&M would care if Baylor got to tag along. Here's a good reason.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1093010

Also, I heard someone ask on the radio how this would affect the other sports? Haven't really thought about that. UT Football can surely afford to go to Washington and play there. But what about the women's softball team? This realignment is going to wreak havoc on the smaller sports.

19. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

You're absolutely right, and nobody cares, because its not about student athletes at this point.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It would be karmic retribution to see Baylor left out of all of this after the SWC debacle. I sure hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.