1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Sohu Blog: someone is going to get traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NO NAME, Feb 1, 2010.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It'll be hard to part with Scola but Landry is the future... I'd rather keep both.

2. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I didnt Luis English was as good as this ..

3. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Like all NBA players, Scola realizes that he could be traded at any moment. I wouldn't read too much into it.

4. rooney

rooney Member

i wonder how little his house in Houston is ?

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I could believe it is Scola's writing. The writing is a bit stilted, and he doesn't seem to take a shortcut for anything, which makes it seem a little foreign in tone. I'm still assuming he had someone proof-read.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah i dont think anyoen is calling scola dumb or anything like that...it's obvious he isnt. I do agree that some people speak english as a second language with heavy accents and not that well, but write a lot better. However, they still tend to make some mistakes here and there, like with past and present tense. This seems too perfect. Not just that, but in the middle of the season not many players are going to sit down and type it up, then proofread...so it's fair to say he wrote it or said it in spanish, then it was translated and therefore proofread in english by someone else. Not a big deal anyway, athletes do it all the time, mostly to save time.

And i'm not reading much into this either. All he's saying is that they're all aware anyone can get traded at anytime, but this year especially they know trades are being pursued. Sometimes they choose to joke about it instead of stressing over it. Also, he said "someone" is getting traded, that could just be tmac, which is who everyone expects anyway.

7. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

In terms of trade scenerios, Landry would most likely be the one to go. He is under contract for another year. A team trading for Scola, although possibly retaining his bird rights, would have to go through the negotiation process with him this summer and have to match the highest bid to retain him. That could get a little hairy.

With Landry being younger, having a great budding season, and under contract for 2010-2011, he would garner more value on the market, thus being the more likely of the two to be moved.

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. I thought it would take forever for someone to say this. I absolutely agree with you. I doubt a guy who could barely speak a lick of English wrote this

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

VERBAL command of English does NOT = level of intellect.

I'll trust my life to a Spanish doctor who doesnt know a single word of English over my homegrown American mail man.

This has affected team play to a degree. Other player quotes seem to indciate that. It can explain their slow starts, not quite being "into" it at first. Then as the game progresses on, forgetting about it being immersed in competing.

Theoretically, can also explain how they were semi-receptive to McGrady coming back despite all his drama. Cuz if McGrady played to a decent standard, it woulda brought more team and job security to EVERYONE. Because McGrady botched it, now a player or 2 has to go out with him. Or they could have at least played the season through and be better prepared in the offseason to handle a move.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think his english is that bad.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I also believe that most of rockets players wanted to play with Tmac.

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It may be small by NBA player standards, it's about 5000 sqft. He lives a few blocks over from me, although I've never seen him.

13. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

LOL, there are people on here that actually think Luis Scola, the HR player, wrote this????

Why, exactly?

You realize anyone can purchase any domain name right?

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

now i remember why it seemed like it was translated...the "little house" comment, in english it doesnt make much sense, but in spanish its understood more like "my sweet home"....but translated word for word into english it's "little house"....so my guess is this was done in spanish originally.

15. hello2

hello2 Member

As freemaniam has posted...

16. Egghead

Egghead Member

David Nuno (Puff) said he was gonna find out if it was Luis last night... but hasn't posted yet

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think it means it was indeed Luis...

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't have problem believing this is essentially Scola's writing, probably with a proofreader. It doesn't sound like a piece by a professional writer. It's kind of long winded and not very cliche.

I am sure the trade thing is on everybody's mind.

BTW, I am all for having a King's Cup type tournament instead of the all star travesty. But I know it will never happen.

19. Tsakalitis4Life

Tsakalitis4Life New Member

Did you know the ballplayer you are referring to quit baseball after that infamous trade and died of a heroin overdose mixed with a little meth I believe.

Source: I read about it on deadspin but all you have to do is google Player Traded for Bats Dies.

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I love Scola's game & effort, but if a trade that involve him for Anthony Randolph were to come up, I would have to say good bye to Scola.....

--RB