1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Houston have a problem? Artest responds to Yao comments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nixadi, Jul 30, 2008.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Cool. I searched and didn't find it. I just want to make sure it's brought up as a silly statement he makes about doing such things "because [he's] black." :eek:

Show the link to the original thread and then lock'er up, I guess. :cool:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is Ron Artest's team.
    GHETTO SUPERSTAR!

Yaomaniacs you can't do nothing about it!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/969ANF3GCX8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/969ANF3GCX8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. BarkleyHater84

First of all, I would like to say that I love Yao as a player and it appears to be that he is a good person, and while he is a leader on this team, he's out of bounds on this one. I'm sorry dude, but we need this guy to make up for the expected 25+ games you're going to miss this season. Yao and T-Mac are in their late 20's but it's a very old late 20's, and we must win NOW. You can talk about team chemistry all day, but playoff sucess is number 1 in my opinion. If a team wins a championship (heck, get out of the first round) and the guys hate each other's guts, it is irrelevant. I know he can't help the fact he broke his foot for the 2nd time, but I put last years first round loss squarely on Yao. I know Yao is more important to this team and city than Ron Artest, but I don't see how he can be saying things like this, when just a few months ago his first priority wasn't to come back in time for the playoffs, but to play for China in the olympics. Hey Yao, tell me how good Artest plays when you're on the bench again this season after breaking something else. I know you love your country, but this team is paying you 15 mil plus, and these fans (including me) do come watch you play at the arena and their homes. We do buy your merchandise, so you do have a priority to this team also.......

4. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Actually its two threads.

The old news which all the major sites are trying to spread is here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151987

and the updated thread with the current news on this is here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=152001

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Rafer's job as role player is now going to include keeping his old buddy from Queens in check...

6. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

So when was the last time Yao made a stupid comment that resulted in a "mess"?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know its in multi- threads but SwoLy-D's a pure Rockets fan. he speaks from his heart, not from his *** like the new Ron Ron Band wagoners.

I was for Ron Ron like 4 years ago. he's the only one who's closest to you know who.

Dear Ron Ron,

has Yao made it past the first round of the playoffs?
    ok. so you say what you want to say, you're the TRU WARRIOR of the Rockets.
    You are Conan, Yao is that wizard and Tmac is the girl from Conan the Destroyer!

F## what anyone says about you
    F## the band wagoners

Stay TRU
    Stay GHETTO
    Stay WARRIOR!!
    [​IMG]

8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah this is a bit overblown, but I'm pissed that Yao made those comments to the media. I would be pissed too if I were Ron with him bringing up fighting players and going into the stands. It would make me question if he wanted me on the team and Ron is big on feeling wanted. Not an ideal way to enter into this union. Thanks Yao.

He could have said to the media that he was going to embrace Ron with open arms and welcome him into the family, that he was excited about what they could accomplish together, but that he was also looking forward to meeting with him in person, getting to know him and discussing team issues like chemistry and the like to make sure everybody is on the same page and has the same goal of winning a championship. That would have been a better reaction.

9. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

Bottom line is I like what Ron Artest is saying from one point of view. That is this point of view, Ron Artest is saying that when someone disrespects you... in my culture we don't back down we fight back or stand up in various ways but by no means we just settle and take the disrespect with so called class. That's something imo Yao needs to learn to do... fight and have a stronger mentality when it comes to finishing strong on the basketball court. I'm not saying Yao be Ron Artest, I'm saying Yao play tough, fight back, leave it all on the court with no regrets and don't let yourself be pushed around then after the game say OOO I'm dissappointed that we lost again in the 1st round of the playoffs. Having a tough man mentality is crucial in the playoffs. Ron Artest has been out the first round he should know that. Ron is bringing a dominant mindset mentality to this team in his playing style.

10. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

From what I understand Yao's comments about Ron were pieced together. Yao gives specific answers to specific questions. For example, when he mentioned the brawl in Detroit it was because he was specifically asked about it. He didn't just throw it in like the interview made it seem .

11. vator

BTW chemistry is extremely overrated when it can't even get you out of the first round.

12. vator

If that is true I would like to see the complete transcript of the interview. That could possibly make a big difference.

13. duteman

duteman Member

yeah i think this is BS....yao is not an azz like the first interview made him out to be....and they are screwing with this trade by asking stupid questions...go fire that reporter and send him to utah

14. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

what chemistry was Yao talking about if they couldnt even get ouf the 1st round? and also when they won 22 games in a row, Yao played only 10 out of the 22 games...

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This is a bunch of BS the media is doing for extra ratings & becuase its Artest.

I know Yao made some bad comments but everyone here knows he's not like that. He probably said them & people took it the wrong way.

Just water under the bridge if you ask me...

Welcome to H-Town Ron!

16. benvolio

benvolio Member

This article gave me inspiration to change my signature!

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. I don't know why some of you guys treat Artest like some kind of expensive delicate china (no pun intended). If he's as "ghetto" as he claims, he should have skin thick enough to take some rude comments thrown at him. And Yao's comments aren't anything near rude.

2. Yao's comments were quoted by BLINDBURY of all people! I give Artest a pass for not knowing what kind of crap this so-called reporter is. But all you Rockets fans should know better.

3. Yao will learn his lesson and will never let Blinebury a chance to extract a quote from him.

4. I am pretty sure Yao (and all the other teammates) and Artest will get along AS LONG AS ARTEST BEHAVES. If he doesn't, that's nobody's fault but his own.

18. Red1

Red1 Member

RON RON is saying all the things that Yao needed to hear to put his mind at ease. F the media for trying to throw salt on our team , and props to Ron for seeing right through the whole thing. Yao we'll come to realize Morey got Ron for the exact reasons Yao's apprehensive about him coming to Houston. Its a known fact the orgonization wont except any out right , for lack of a better word...F UP'S from Ron, but as far as his persona... i hope he dosen't change one bit. We need him to be him.

19. vator

It's just a sign of respect and guys like this live off of that. Remember how McNabb made a comment about the team being good even without T. Owens and what happened after that? I don't think he meant it the way that TO took it, but that was the beginning of the end for them.

20. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

It's currently the main topic on ESPN's 1st and Ten. I hate the media.