1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Random Trade Idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 18, 2006.

1. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

6.9 million this year. He's got 3 years left with a player option on a 4th. It works salary wise.

I think it's good for the Rockets. I don't think the Knicks would go for it though.

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

well he does play for the knicks and we all know gundys obsession over new york players.

3. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

if i remember correctly, before yao got drafted by us, q-rich was asked by a reporter about the possibility of the clippers getting yao. he was quoted as saying him and his teammates would take turns dunking on his head. yao and his people read that and immediately took the clippers off their list of desired teams to play for.

4. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

at this point, we have enough guards. i think ppl need to stop the "trade howard" ideas inless it includes getting us a pf type player back. unless we sign another big, it wouldnt be a good idea to trade away our only pf without getting one back in return. (im not counting SB as a pf nor the undersized hayes). i doubt JVG wants to start a rookie novak and give him big minutes.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

You're headed here ... ;)

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly , we would have to get another big back

7. batizy

batizy Member

who play PF?

8. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I just worry about anyone who put their numbers up while with the Suns. I think Nash just makes that much of a difference. Look at Diaw and Bell. Also I dont think Amare or Marion have the same numbers without Nash.

Let me ask you, if we are giving up Head and Howard do you think it is more important to get back a PF or a SG. I know we need both, but I think the addition of Snyder helps at the 2. Also I am more comfortable with Battier getting the bulk of his minutes at the 3 vs. the 4 and which lets tmac take the bulk of our SG minutes. I would prefer maybe a troy murphy or even Kwame Brown via trade and hope we can get another SG with the TE ie (Korver).

9. The Fever

The Fever Member

Pass the doochie on the left hand side......

10. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think this is a reasonable enough trade.

I am just not a big Q fan.

I think I'd rather have S Jack, who is probably more available/cheaper.

Though they are somewhat similar, I just think Q is a little more 1 dimensional (pretty much just a 3 point gunner, and OK at it, but not great) and a little less clutch/tough than S Jack. His contract is a lot, and includes a player option, for what he gives you.

11. Tameway

Tameway Member

Bad idea.
    We dont need any other G, but PF.

12. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

His career shooting percentage is actually WORSE than Head.

The only reason he got 15 PPG at Phoenix is more shooting attempts.

Dont even mention his injury problem.

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

How many games did Howard sit out last year? 2 (wasn't one due to suspension?)

How many did Q-Rich? 27

How much did Howard make last year? $6,392,100

How much did Q-Rich? $6,960,000

So, just on that basis alone, Q-Rich has been more injured and has a worse contract than Howard.

Then, throw in their stats...

Rebounds: 6.7 4.2
    Assists: 1.4 1.6
    Steals: .61 .71
    FG%: .459 .355
    FT%: .806 .670

Just for fun, throw in Head's numbers, since you are giving those up too...

PPG: 8.8
    RPG: 3.3
    APG: 2.7
    SPG: 1.11
    3PT%: LH .403 QR .340

And you are giving up 20.6 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists and nearly 2 steals for a guy that, in his best year, put up 17 points, six rebounds, two assists and a steal. In addition, the guy has a lower free throw percentage than either of the ones you are giving up and a lower three point percentage than the guard you are giving up.

If you thought the Gay deal was lopsided, look at this one.

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh

nevermind

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with Desert Scar, S. Jackson for Howard and Head would be good for us. He would good as a backup 3 and gives experience at the 2 despite his erratic play and behavior. We probably would need to offer a low 1st round pick as well. I would like to add Melvin Ely after that to improve the PF/C position.

16. luhbron

luhbron Member

This cannot be a serious proposal. Q-Rich shoots too much and makes too little of them. His best year was in PHX when he had Nash finding him while Joe Johnson and Amare drew away defenders. Even then, there were nights when he went 0-12 for the game. If a shooter cannot consistently make shots in Phoenix's system, he will not make them in a half court set. I think Head can make shots more consistently and he is clutch too.

17. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Howard AND Head for, arguably, the streakiest shooter in the league? Someone who can't be relied upon defensively and is not aggressive and plays passively a great deal of the time?

No thanks.

18. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I wouldnt trade Howard and Head for S. Jackson straight up, much less throw in a first round pick. We need more depth at the 4 and that doesnt happen here.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't want to give up a future low 1st round pick for S.Jackson but I don't think Howard and Head will be able get it done. We do need a 4 and I don't think Howard is that bad but he is aging and only scores when Yao isn't on the court. That's why I suggested adding Ely as a backup 4. I'm not implying that Ely is better than Howard but I think adding S.Jackson right now could improve our depth.

20. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

There are some things in life that we have no control over, but we do the best we can with that cards we've been dealt. As good as Mike James is, I don't think he was right for the Rockets. I think its way too early to call this offseason a 'failure," especially when: a.) the offseason isn't over yet, b.) the 06-07 season hasn't happened. Fair-weather fans like you are getting on my last nerve. I wish there was an icon I could click on this website to ignore your posts, but then the web site might be pretty empty on my end. Oh well, I'm sure that there are some who feel the same way about me. (several of my posts have been deleted)