1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

You know you have to read this one

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roydelton, Dec 15, 2000.

1. roydelton

roydelton Member

12-9, so what? That's not even good for the 8th place right now in the West. Considering your January schedule (you should look at it), I must say going down to around .400 percent is a painfull reality. After that month it will be clear to anyone that the Rockets are only good enough for 10th place in their conference. Still, in my oppinion they're a playoff team in a year or two (Minnesota draft pick situation, Sacramento's yet to happen free agent loss of C-Webb ...)
    The key of the Rockets' success is solving the SG question. Everybody in Houston loves Anderson and everybody in Houston loves Mobley. One is too much here. Every GM with a brain should take care of that kind of situation in the right time. We have same problem in Chi-town with Brand and Fizer. I love them both, but I think the Bulls will have a better season with Fizer traded for a player (SF or PG) with equal potential like him. I'm not saying " Center " because we ' put ' ourselves in a position to score there in July. The 2001 NBA Draft.
    While we are here, because I can only read about the NCAA hoops, what do u think about : Eddie Curry, DeSagana Diop, Tyson Chandler, Terence Morris and Loren Woods. I mean, are they the top 5 players to be chosen in this years Draft? In other words, could be this draft, a draft with 3 highest picks being a high schoolers ... Curry, Chandler and Diop?
    I'm asking this cause one of this players should be the Bulls' starting center for a long time from now.
    Oh yes ... you lucky b-stards, you'll have a shot at highest second-round pick (Drew trade) this year.
    I still can't believe how can Krause deal every year with Houston, and take away your crap (rogers, maloney, drew). This is starting to be a traditional thing among those teams. Maybe we get Bullard in sign-and-trade next year.
    God, they didn't even exercised Drew's optional year at $1.8 Million ... maybe they think we could have him for less than that ... fools.
    Back to Houston Rockets ...
    So, because you won't get much more from Shandon's career best 10 ppg, or more than Mobley being else than a good backup, you can pick one of them to get him out of Houston for reasonable deal.

And now, the top ten things why I don't like Rockets or Rockets' players (with the exeption of Francis, Norris and Cato)
    1.When I hear people say 'PF' , I think about a power, height, rebs, blocks, defence and so on ... That's almost all you lack with Mo-T, and KT. I think Khalid El-Amin is only 1 1/2 rebs per game away from Taylor, playing only 22 mpg, enough said about that.
    2.Mobley is a 'heck of a player' just as much Rodney Rogers from the Suns is. Nothing much, nothing else ... just a good backup. I mean, he's benched by the Rockets in favor of 6 point-per-game SG. Neither me nor you, or your coach is dumb enough to keep a better player on the bench in favor of playing the worst one. It's something like starting Fizer for the Bulls, and Elton coming and back him up every night .. see my point there?
    3.Kenny Thomas - bad rookie season, bad rebounding, worst shoot ... and he couldn't pull away better numbers this year ... talk about things going down ....
    4.Matt Bullard ... I guess it's good to have a 6-10 player who can take the ball in the hoop behind the arc once per game, and do nothing else ...
    5.Rudy T - I hate him since the first time I saw him. I remember the Rockets were up by 30 or something, the clock was 1:50 mins to go lets say, and he was all in sweat, holding his head, with his face so worried ... but he pull that one away ... man yes, he did it, and that was Houston's 20th game of that season. I don't know how can he survive a close one. First coach in American history, so much close to defeat with that game vs. Lithuania. He could have ruined your unbeatable image ....
    6.Hakeem Olajuwon ... forgot about his game three or four years ago, but I have to say this ... They blame Krause for handling Jordan and Pippen, and not even think about what's going on with Hakeem in Houston now. Man, he says they don't want him, and he's even considering Canada rather than retire with his Rockets. OK Krause, you'll get your company this summer. Star bashers.
    7.Langhi - some preseason quotes " We got a draft suprise this year ... a next great second-round pick by Houston ... the next Mobley ... Dan with his MAD game ... a great shooter " . All expectations reached. Congratulations.
    8.Collier ... I can think only of Nazr Mohammed being the worst 1st round drafted center in recent 10 years than Collier. Europe here we come!
    9.Walt Williams - I wouldn't like him to be a Bulls' player ever, but he's a great average player in this league. At least you know, he'll get his 10 ppg every season.
    10.CD - bringing old, bauld, fallen stars (except of Pippen, he's my hero ... hehehehe) in the past, and getting two players who couldn't get a better offer than two million in this league in the present, is somehow considered like a great moves by a great GM in Houston. He even got an extension recently. Talk about a long term comitments. Neither of this players was brought in Houston to stay more than two-or-three seasons. That was the history, that will be the future.

rebounding - Maurice Taylor rebounds the ball every 6 mins and 52 secs.

Elton Brand do that every 3 mins and 51 sec.
    Ron Artest every 5 mins and 56 secs.
    Marcus Fizer every 5 mins and 10 secs.
    Brad Miller every 3 mins and 21 sec.
    Dragan Tarlac every 4 mins and 36 secs.
    Michael Ruffin every 3 mins and 24 secs.

Your starting PF is outrebounded by 40 % of the Bulls. aaaaa .... hahahahahahahaha.

Roy D. Elton salutes you all.
    Send my regards to gettingbranded, caveman, all vancouver fans on this board and other people like those.
    Also, I want to hear your thoughts, and especialy the thoughts of - HOOP T, Miggidy Markell, that guy who loves Mobley so much, and other of mine greatest reply-ers.
    Roy D. Elton salutes you all for the second, and last time today.

------------------
    Can't love all of you ...

2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Interesting points....I guess....

3 and 19?

I guess my question to you, seeing as you obviously are a basketball guru: Chicago was at one time a basketball dynasty, obviously because of Michael Jordon...a player who comes along....well, no more often than once every 53 years.....so my question is: are you guys planning to tank (and I don't mean just sort of tank, but OBVIOUSLY tank) for 53 years in the hope of picking up another Michael Jordon?

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I guess it took you this long to nurse your ego back to health after the 27 point whipping on Nov. 14th.

Welcome back anyway.

------------------
    GATER

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited December 15, 2000).]

4. rock

rock Member

Maybe instead of putting a bunch of topics in one gigantic post, you could seperate them out by starting different topics in the bbs. It would sure be a lot easier to read. Just a thought. By the way, we may have a 13-9 record, but we are not far behind any of the other teams in the Western Conference. We happen to be sitting at number 8.

Did you know we have the same record as San Antonio and Minnesota. We have the same amount of losses as the Lakers. True, our schedule has been pretty light, but all that matters is winning all of those games that we should win and hopefully steal some from the playoff teams.

By the way, what's taking Chicago so long to rebuild? It's not our fault they keep taking our scrubs.

------------------

5. rock

rock Member

By the way, you wouldn't happen to be Corey Benjamin, would you?

------------------

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Uh, the Rockets are 13-9, tied for 6th best in the Western Conference.

The Bulls are 3-19 (let me say that again: 3-19)... one more time:

<font face="arial" size="5">3 and <font face="arial" size="5" color="red">19</font></font>

You are dead last in the Central division.
    You are dead last in the Eastern Conference.
    You are dead last in the entire NBA.

The second worst team in the league has twice as many wins as the Bulls. The Clippers are laughing at you.

You are truly the laughing stock of this board. Here you are bashing Mobley when you were begging to get him this offseason. Cat is playing 8 less minutes a game but yet compared to your precious Ron Mercer, he's rebounding more, turning the ball over less, shooting the ball better from the field, shooting the ball better from the FT line, shooting the ball better from the three-point line and scoring about as many points (17.5 to Mercer's 18.4)

Lets review some of your past quotes, after we put them through the sheep-to-English translator:

"Ok, we didn't get a few top free agents, but I'm happy we came out with one brave guy in Ron Mercer. He isn't that much expensive, and he's a 16-17 point per game carier scorer. I don't think Houston have a SG with that average in S.Anderson or Mobley."

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/007590.html">"Chicago will sign Cuttino Mobley for sure."</a> (as CoreyBenjamin)

"This is it (for the Rockets). Mediocrity forever."

"Everyone here thinks the Bulls will be the worst team next season, but everyone is wrong."

"Only team I can think in a second which could be worst than Houston, is Detroit.
    Vancouver,Chicago,Cleveland,Clippers and few others improved, and (we) will be better than you this season. I'm jelous guys. You might have a greatest chance to land Eddie Curry next summer. hahahahahaha."

"I can see you have already (predicted a) won against my Bulls. What a dumb prediction by some overoptimistic Rocket fan. ... and now,our first road win ..."

"If Bulls do win on Nov 14th, that should be the end of the Rockets as we know them!"

"So 3-6 for Houston, is 50%-50% posibility. You know,I'm optimistic enough, but the end of the Bulls and the Rockets is visible even with only 6-7 games gone through."

"It must have been a very productive summer for Houston, yes? Hell no. You're the last team on my scale."

and lastly...

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/008089.html">"At least I screw sheeps."</a>

Baaaaaaaaahhh! Baaaaaaaaaahhhh!

The little lady is callin', Roy.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

7. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Oh, man. I see "LOL" thrown around a lot on this board, but really, LOL.

------------------

8. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

You've picked a great franchise to idolize. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I really don't try to score, I really just try and pick apart teams by passing to create opportunities." -- Cuttino Mobley

9. rock

rock Member

That still cracks me up!

------------------

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

That was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time, Clutch. Thanks!

------------------
    "Thirty-seven?" -Randall, Clerks
    www.clutchtown.com

11. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

hey roy

at least we dont have a coach whos job is in jeopordey.

at least we dont draft just to be spiteful... marcus fizer over mihm just to get back at orlando n the clips

at least we are not at the cellar of our division.

have u looked at elton brand's FG % lately.... brutal.

lets see. the rockets have rebuilt after 1 season. yet the bulls haven't won 20 games since jordan left. hmmm....

who are your centers? tarlac? voshkul? you say our draft picks are going to europe those ..... at least our centers play AMERICAN basketball. i would take hakeem at 50.... better yet i'd take bill russell at the retirement home over those two white scrubs.

hey itz not every day u see a rookie like jamaal crawford have an eating disorder. i thought that was a women problem... o wait as of now jamaal crawfords game looks like a girls.

khalid el amin looks like a sumo wrestler in red. he'd be cut by some CBA teams. and you start him! he gets a few lucky games cuz no1 expects the little dough boy to score.... besides everyone on the bulls stats are inflated cuz of what we call GARBAGE TIME since you are blown out every other game.

------------------
    --TEX

12. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Very very funny. I put myself through the agony of watching part of a bulls game this year and it was aweful. During the first 4 minutes alone on the WGN telecast the announcers mentioned michael jordan about 6 times. Every shot and play was jordanesque lol.

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

13. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I've heard it all before. Plenty of times. You've been wrong every time before, so why should we believe you now? I just have two things to say.

13-9
    3-19

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BULLS SUCK!!!

------------------
    Since Bush says thatwe must put politics behind us and work together to make the promise of America available for every one of our citizens, wouldn't part of that promise of America be having your vote counted???

President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

15. RENDIGGLER3:20

Yes we have a hard schedule coming up but whats so different about that?Are schedule has not been all that easy so far and anyways we seem to play better against the better teams.The teams I worry about are the teams we should beat every game(Celtics,Clippers)!

Mo will improve his rebounding,he will not average 3 rebounds a game all year!!!

I dont think there is a problem with Shandon and Cats situation either.Right now I think they are both happy with their roles on are team,and if this is the key to are success then I dont think we have much to worry about!

Have you seen Mobley play?He is the reason we have the highest scoring bench in the league and to call him nothing more than a bench player is stupid because everyone knows he is more than talented to start!

Collier could be the best center drafted this year and he would be the Bulls starting center if you had him!

Cant argue about your comments on Langhi but I still think he will be a nice versatile forward that will be a good back up for years to come.

1 more thing,there is no way you will get Bullard next season he is just to smart to go to the Bulls!Plus he is more than just a player that stands behind the arc,he is a weapon!His man can never leave him if he does he will be are leading scorer [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

16. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Look on the bright side. Atleast you have a future stud in Jamal Crawford.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

3 pts, 1.9 asst, 31% shooting. Some stud. He hasn't shown anything- all people base these evaulations of him on are the scouting reports by some draft analysts. He has some potential, but so do a ton of players in the NBA. I don't think he'll be all that from what I've seen of him in college and this year. Just my opinion though.

------------------
    Since Bush says thatwe must put politics behind us and work together to make the promise of America available for every one of our citizens, wouldn't part of that promise of America be having your vote counted???

President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

18. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

On the Bulls, he is a stud.

------------------
    "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence ?

19. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Clutch, you're the best!

Roy, your team sucks, our's doesnt bottom line buddy. and heres what i think will happen in januaryat

Minnesota W. probably
    at Cleveland W
    Detroit W
    Utah L, probably
    at Toronto W
    at New York L
    Sacramento W
    at Utah L
    Toronto L
    at Golden State W
    at L.A. Lakers W
    at Denver W
    at Charlotte L
    Miami W

9-5, some of those wins might be losses or vice-versa, but either way we are a playoff team. We are a contender and i think we can go tto the second round of the playoffs.

[This message has been edited by vj23k (edited December 15, 2000).]

20. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Man Roy, you were right. I knew I HAD to read this one. LOL Man, your worse than the last time around bro. Are you still into screwing sheeps cuz I see that you haven't comeback on Clutch's comments on the "sheep situation" BWHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA....calm down, calm down....whooo man. Dude, I'm a Bulls fan too, heck I was born in Chi-Town. But you gotta know when to root for your team and when to have no relations at all with them. Heck, I still love Chicago, I still love the Bulls organization and what they've brought to Chicago, but the team they have is nothing to root. And putting down someone else's team which is in the running for a playoff spot while your team has the worst record in the confrence which has NO major power is wrong. That's the kind of stuff that makes me wish the bulls didn't have any fans from Macedonia who like to screw sheeps. [​IMG] LOL

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!