1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Houston Rockets way ahead of schedule, team to watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

To be fair, rubbing a guy the wrong way doesn't mean KD was stealing page hits from people. If you hate the guy cuz you think he unfairly he attacked you, say so. No need accuse him of a totally unrelated and frankly untrue offense.

2. Carl Herrera

Forced to watch cuz Chuck? You were not watching already because of DeMarcus?

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah i'm not claiming he's stealing webhits, just that he's using others' content mixed with a few words of his own, and then coming here and b****ing under the notion that this 'new' product is not being treated with what he deems as sufficient respect. for some odd reason, he really believes he has a unique and extra special insight into nba bball, coupled with a charismatic writing style, that warrants a 'bow before zod' subordinatory throw off of props from the reading public. when in fact, your bball acumen and paragraph delivery (and this would apply to several other members here in the GARM as well) easily out-penetrate & out-charm this hack.

maybe he actually realizes this too and that's why he's desperately running to defend his own webhit turf like a bulldog, lest his 15minutes be up too soon. in any case CH, methinks u should start your own blog and put this zan tabak scrub outta business :)

(btw, please don't pull a KD now and berate me for stealing your word 'penetrate', bro :grin: )

4. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

funny :grin:

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Were learning on the go. These young guys are thankfully quick learners.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree.

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Not as regularly... I was catching maybe one out of three before chuck was there... Now I force myself to watch them all

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

KD's job is to generate page views by providing links to interesting sources of basketball related information and putting his own creative commentary on said bits and pieces.

His blog is not unlike the NBA Dish. Content is universal.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

9. trock

trock Member

The Rockets are a team to watch. They've played good opponents, but yes, the home games are beneficial to young teams. I'd be thrilled to see them get near .500 for their road games, but it's a good sign they already play so well at home. There is a lot of upside on this team. Let's see how they handle January. It's going to be fun.

10. Carl Herrera

I feel back for Chuck-- and frankly other players on that team, too. I think some of them could be useful on a functioning team, or would be learning the NBA game much better if they were with a franchise with more clue. Really a shame the whole thing is messed up from ownership down.

BTW, what are your thoughts on their 3 PGs, AB, Jimmer and Thomas?

I want to see Morey trade for Jimmer so we can have the Jimmer fans vs. Jeremy fans battle royale on a daily basis. Super fun!

11. Carl Herrera

I don't always agree with KD's takes or like his writing style, but I do trust that he does his homework and respect that his writing is based on solid info and research. For example, he used to do a feature where he summarized and gave his take after watching every game played the night before, even obscure ones between crappy teams. I don't think I (and most people here) can claim to watch that many games. In fact, I am not sure even the most well-informed among us, like BimaThug, can really write a national NBA blog without doing a ton of extra work that are no fun for us. After all, we are mainly Rockets fans, and enjoy consuming Rockets-related content. I, for one, don't and would not really have fun consuming enough stuff about the Pistons, Hornets, Kings and Bobcats to write credibly about them. (I occasionally read stuff about them for schadenfreude purposes, but very rarely watch their games.).

I think KD gets a bit too defensive here at times, but it really doesn't bother me that much since NBA hoops watching/discussion is his professional life and only my hobby. I like some of his writing, not others, but don't think that he is a hack deserving of contempt. There are plenty others in the sports media to criticize/make fun of (SAS, Skip Bayless, Innes, Jerome Solomon (though Jerome has been better of late and wrote some thoughtful stuff)).

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I do watch a lot of other team's games, but my TV is kind of small for the league pass 4-split screen. I'm thinking of buying a bigger one for that purpose, and it won't cost you as much time if you can watch 4 games at the same time.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

We're actually right on schedule, though a bit better than expected. If we had won those games vs. Heat, Spurs and Blazers that were all winnable the I would've strongly agreed. Around February we'll know where we stand as we will probably do worse on the road and fall well below .500. I'm not optimistic yet.

14. recboil

recboil Member

HAHAHAHA....MUST WATCH!

I don't know who from ClutchFans made this but it's pretty epic....3 mins and 49 seconds of hilarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vkXTXBsKig

Not sure if this has already been posted.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So basically you are saying you have a personal grudge against kd. That really supports your argument.

16. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I don't care about hits. I write for a big ole website, and just want attribution. The hits are going to be there anyway. I chafe at message board posters in the same way I chafe at Deadspin and, especially, ESPN for not linking to things they obviously got from somewhere else.

I started to write about this for a living because I enjoyed the writers that followed the NBA nearly as much as I enjoyed the league. I'm obsessive about linking, and don't like it when others don't share great things with me, the reader, because of either laziness or an edict sent down on high from some corporate type. (Read: "WWL")

My bad. Kevin Durant is totally selfish. I don't recall the interaction. I was probably distracted from your half-English, major point about Kevin Durant leading the league in scoring and acting as the biggest part of the best NBA offense of the last few years.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's dedication. I live in Sacramento and can't stomach watching more than a few minutes of the Kings.

18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

If the Rockets can be .500 after the next ten games, when they have six games against last season's top-half playoff teams, and wade through the next 12, with 9 on the road, till the end of January, it will be just down hill after that.

The next ten games will be a key indicator for me to know how they will do by the end of the regular season.

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Nothing to be happy about. It just mean they are going to have more road games later, because they will have exactly 41 home and 41 road games this season.

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Wrong.

To be exact, the Rockets will have 52 games against the Western Conference team's and 30 against the East this season.

13 games have been played against the West and 12 against the East.

The best news to me is that even though the Roxx have a poor record (3-10) against the West teams which are traditionally stronger, they actually tied the Warriors with the best record so far against Eastern teams at 10-2.

People and Hollinger of course are talking about the 5th most difficult schedule that the Roxx has this season. If you dissect it, you will find that they have to play the West's playoff team's from last season 30 times, of which they have finished 10 at 0-8.

So far it seems the young Roxx squad has successfully robbed Peter to pay Paul, but they have only 18 more games to do so.