1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets could lose Yao for season—or longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Jun 29, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sounds like that's his market value.

2. mokulen

mokulen Contributing Member

Wojnarowski has always stood out to me as a good writer. He's written some insightful Rockets articles too - better than anything local. Don't know how trustworthy he is as an insider, but something tells me this is the truth and he's isn't exaggerating. :(

3. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I can write articles citing "a nba executive" and "sources close to player x" as well but that doesn't mean ****. Articles like this are a dime a dozen because if you're wrong you can never mention it again and if you're right you can proclaim you're some inside scoop reporter. This is crap and I won't believe this junk unless I hear something official from the team.

4. Summer Song Giver

So uhh, is next year's draft a strong one?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

was yao wearing a special shoe, can you make shoe that helps prevent this injury?

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They wouldn't put on the title that Yao is likely to miss all of next season, unless they had something pretty solid to back that up. They'd look like a cheap, tabloid rag otherwise.

7. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Well at least he'll be cheaper next year and we have a good backup center in Yao Ming.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Eh...writing an article that claims a superstar player is probably out for the year and could be done forever and citing a Gm as a source...that's not dime a dozen. If this turns out to be bogus he would take a massive credibility hit.

9. worzel gummidge

It sheds light on the Amare rumor. Amare reportedly wants a max ($20M) 5 year extension otherwise he'll opt out. Whoever trades for him will be agreeing to that. So if the Rockets wanted that, it's likely Yao is done.

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

You know - I knew something was up when I got so many "Buy Rockets Tickets" emails this summer. In 4 years of buying tickets I never got as many offers as this offseason. Heal up Yao. I hope to see you play again real soon.

11. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

HOLY ****!!

woww, i was just talkin about and having a really good feeling about our team coming into next year...with our draft picks. This is the EXACT OPPOSITE feeling. How can this happen to both of our SUPERSTARS, where they both can have season ending injuries? This is an anomaly for sure, **** that happens once every century.:eek:

Rubiooo, we need u :(

12. Yaojig

Yaojig Member

omg....... this sucks, rebuilding mode now, next season is going to be boring!!!

13. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Really really bad news if true. We need to look at moving Yao if at all possible. With Chris Bosh almost for sure leaving Toronto after this year, and with Toronto having the largest Chinese population in North America, I think we should consider this option if the Raptors are willing to deal.

14. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

for those questioning how believable this is: it would be a HUGE mistake for ANY reporter to publish something like this without an extreme amount of confidence in his sources.

this is the kind of article that if untrue would absolutely destroy his reputation, and the reputation of Yahoo Sports not just in Houston, but across the entire world.

In other words, there isn't much of a reason to suspect this is anything but the truth, as told to Gene and verified by his editors, etc.

15. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

Get Amare Stoudamire Now!

16. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Very very true, but why is this the only lead on it. Thats where I'm suspect. ESPN loves making up stories, and if this had a hint of truth to it ESPN would launch into a Yao needs to retire due to injury palooza. I hope I'm right, but sadly I suspect I am wrong.

18. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

19. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

GET AMARE NOW!!!

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can we get a BBS insider to comment on this? You'd think we would have heard about this before Yahoo. What happened to the good ole days when Clutchfans would comfort me lol. :(