1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would your interest in the NBA inc/dec if Most of A type of FA's land on one team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ramu3, Jun 28, 2010.

?

If a team gets most of A type FA's , interest in NBA increase or decrease?

1. Increase

19.4%
  2. Decrease

47.1%
  3. Same

33.5%
  1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Would your interest in NBA increase/decrease if {insert team} gets most of the A type of FA's?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Like if Miami signs Wade, LerBon, and Bosh?

That would only fuel me to root against them. What's decreased my interest in the NBA is the pussification of the game and all the rule changes.

Ex) No hand check, LerBon travel rule, etc

Not to mention the refs.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are just bitter. That scenario would be huge for the NBA.

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i would love seeing a lineup of:

Rose
    Deng
    James
    Bosh
    Noah

because they would easily dethrone the lakers

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Well, a team of superstars would definitely be fun to watch... and I'm not talking the p***y trio of Garnett, Allen, and Pierce. They are BORING to watch.

LeBron and Bosh alone would be entertaining.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The more reshuffling that takes place this summer, the more interested I'll be - regardless of a "super team".

I've always loved seeing how the different combination of players can tell us so much more about them as players.

Richard Jefferson with/without Kidd
    Ben Wallace with/without the Pistons
    Juwann Howard with/without Webber
    Pippen with/without MJ
    Kobe with/without Shaq
    Penny with/without Shaq
    etc, etc

I think there's going to be a ton of player movement between teams, going well past the free agents. Been a long time since rosters changed as much as they should this year.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would hate that, but I think the odds of 3 stars on one team is really remote.

...a "super team" reminds me of back when I would play pickup ball a lot and there would be one really gifted player with overwhelming speed and size who would lose their game and instead of getting in on the next team, they would make up some excuse and sit out until some other good players came around to form their own team of heartless players who had size and speed on the opposition. I have no respect for those types of players. It seems to me, a truly great player loves the challenge of leading a team to victory - not being along for the ride. Lebron and Wade could never share the spotlight if they are true "stars". Bosh and Joe Johnson, I just don't see as true superstars so I could see those guys pairing with the Lebrons and Wades....

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

One thing that will absolutely kill any remaining interest in the NBA for me is if the god damn lakers get Bosh for Bynum.

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Amen, bro.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

How about their pursuit of Johnson?

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True dat.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...so true.

13. chosans

chosans Member

I don't see how it would decrease, when most people like to watch the all star game or Team USA games. It would be the same sort of thing if Lebron/Wade/Bosh all sign together. The casual fan would pick up interest in such a team and start the bandwagon.

14. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

The difference would be that during the all star game, they are playing other allstars. You are talking about 3-4 SUPERSTARS on one team vs. 1-2 all stars on any given night if Bosh, James, and Wade sign together. No more parity if that happens.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think people overestimate the impact a superteam will have. The super-team may jump to instant-contender, but they aren't going to be head-and-shoulders above the rest of the league. As talent increases, the return per incremental unit dampens. There's still one ball to be shared, and focus will drift. Even with Wade, James, and Bosh, could a team compete, for example, to beat the Bulls' 72-10 record? I would be very surprised.

16. SunsRocketsfan

that is true but if you ever play pick up basketball at the local gym you just hate that dude who sits out all the games till he gets 3 really good players that are just bigger and more athletic than everyone else. There is still only 1 ball but all the other teams just dont stand a chance..

but agreed they are not indestructible but a team of wade, bosh, lbj would have a pretty good shot of just winning it all

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...and to add to that - there is no way you could double anyone in that scenario. Wade, Lebron, Bosh - if they have two other guys who are even reasonably competent they would make a team pay for attempting to double anyone on the court at all and opposing defenses would be in a quandary because Lebron/Wade/Bosh can take nearly anyone one on one.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Mine will stay the same.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Because I'm a fan of the Rockets, it wouldn't make the slightest difference. I might pay more attention to a particular team, but that's always the case, isn't it, when a big trade is made? I followed the Celtics a bit more after they made their huge moves. I paid more attention to Miami after they got Shaq. That sort of interest is natural, and doesn't reflect an increase or decrease in interest in the league, in my opinion, but just certain teams.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Stay the same. Why should I get mad for guys smartly planning to be free agents at the same time and deciding to stay together, instead of begging their team to get them more help? If I can watch the Lakers and Celtics be gifted players for nothing, then why not watch guys decide to get together on their own?