1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you sign Ryan Anderson at the vet min if he gets bought out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 13, 2018.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No.

3. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Hell no!

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not, he is a solid guy for regular season even for the playoffs in the right matchups

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If tanking is our direction then yeah do it

6. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

Vet min ? yes!

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ryan Scruberson: 4.5 ppg 33% FG 23% 3 pt

Lol hate on Melo but would sign Ryan Scrubberson wtf is wrong with you people?

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

He wouldn't he felt misused here ;)

10. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Whether we would or not is irrelevant. I say no way Ryno would ever re-sign with the Rockets as long as another NBA team will take him.

11. SteveFTB

SteveFTB Member

Yeah, with a miniminum contract i'll do that. Good guy, very positive guy in the locker room, if he plays 30 or 0 minutes doesn't matter for him, very good guy.

AND he is a threat from 3pt line, no matter what you say. He can knock down 3s, so you have to guard him as a shooter and the paint would be more open. For example, Melo is not a threat like Ryno, Chriss is not a threat like Ryno, they don't spread the floor like Anderson used to do.

That's my opinion, I mean Anderson is a 0 minutes playoff player, but in regular season he can help with 2-3 threes per game.

IvanLCPM and Elephant810 like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Whether he wants to sign or not is irrelevant the team should stay far away from 1 dimensional shooter who is scared to shoot.

The only reason you get him is if the season is lost and you want to tank. He will score 9 pts in 40 mins on 4 shots and be a massive defensive liability.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he is such a threat why is he shooting 23% from 3? At that conversion rate you want him to take shots so the enemies will leave him open all day and focus on everybody else.

You are right Melo and Cp3 aren't threats like Ryan Scrubberson, its because they don't shoot that bad.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  14. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I appreciate what you're saying, but respectfully disagree. I would not advocate bringing Ryno back, but I would be open to taking him back at the vet min for spot minutes, injury depth. Price point and role matters, recognizing no one wants to repeat what we had before.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

You already have Melo who has been a superstar at vet min, spot mins and depth. Melo is a lot better than scrubberson no matter what the role is.

Please explain how Scrubberson who is a 23% 3pt shooter is better than Melo who is a 33% 3 pt shooter. This is called bias and "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. You have assumption regarding Scrubberson which are not grounded on reality which we can see on their 3 pt percentage.

16. amaru

amaru Member

He’s even worse than Melo. Absolutely no reason to do that.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I’d rather sign Nick Young or Jimmer Fredette.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  18. gotsis

gotsis Member

Come on, it was almost impossible to trade him away, no reason to bring him back, specially if he is waived from a horrible Suns team.

Houston288South likes this.
  19. rocketseagles07

This... he would never sign with us again

Houston288South likes this.
  20. SteveFTB

SteveFTB Member

What are you talking about man? Anderson in the past regular season shooted 43% from 3pt range. If you read my reply, "he can help in REGULAR SEASON"...not playoffs, RS. Also, I wrote "Chriss", Marquese Chriss. Ryan Anderson is a good role player. For sure is has a better shot than Melo, no question.

Ryan is a guy that can help us to spread the floor. Ryan Anderson shooted uncontested threes with 42% last season, overall 43% (!).

Uncontested 3s:

- Carmelo Anthony: 29%
    - Gary Clark: 40%
    - Chris Paul: 20%
    - Eric Gordon: 18%
    - James Ennis: 35%
    - Gerald Green: 38%

hakeem94 likes this.