1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you consider trading CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Nov 27, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets consider trading CP3?

1. Yes

133 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I'm confused. Are you naming James Harden as the player better than Paul? If so that doesn't make sense. They're on the same team. And can you? Can Morey? You're asking me if the Rockets can find that? I think if it were that easy it would be done.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

This board has gone fully mental and should be taken to a respected facility for treatment. I long for the days when Lin Only fans were arguing that Harden was stifling his greatness.

clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If that's what trading Paul gets us, I hope Tilman offers him $100mil a season

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

No one can. Thanks for stating the obvious.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'm simply saying that the Rockets are set at starting PG for the next 5 years. Positionless bball be damned I don't see next year's iteration of CP3 being worth the contract. How many tailend of back to backs will the Rockets lose because the talent isn't evenly distributed enough to make up for the DNP - rest of CP3? What if one of those losses happens to cost home court or even worse miss the playoffs entirely? I'm not saying it's easy to replace CP3 but when you are in cap hell you have to do something dramatic to get out no? Trade James? Cap? FIre Dantoni? No way Morey can operate at the apron and play the marginal player lottery hoping for a career year from a min salary guy. I guess we could just ride it out, hope everyone becomes more consistent with more time together and gain chemistry, but for a team that was so close last year this feels ominous, I just don't see the requisite talent apart from the top 3 salaries to win consistently in this years Western conference. 25% of the season has passed the time for patience has come and gone this team needs a jolt to action.

6. fattz

fattz Member

NO

Paul is a bad contract we all knew it when it happened. The way the season going the panic button needs to be pushed. It’s year one of the this and do you really think it’s going to get better with time? He needs to be moved, ASAP, IMO. The Lakers MAY take him on. A SUPER MAX is almost impossible to move. Let Labron, Paul and Melo take on the world. I just want a TEAM that can play more than 7 players EVERY night. We have a Harden let’s put something around him that is better than a 1/3 of the cap in a part time player. Yes Paul is NOT the only bad contract but he is by far the biggest and longest one.
    Would hold out for Ball if we could. If couldn’t get Ball I still do the deal just to make the contract commit go away. It sucks in 2019 by 2022 my goodness.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

8. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Like I said cp3s mad at how we treated his best friend me70.
    Hes boycotting and pretend to be resting, I bet you theres something brewing.

Stormy1234 and BigShasta like this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We gotta save him for the playoffs. Even when he’s on the bench, he is just as much of a competitor. You’ll never find another like him. He is relentless. You take him out, you can kiss our season goodbye.

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Trade incoming? That's five Rockets players with a "sore leg".

11. BullRider

BullRider Member

no sir!!! not this season. it may happen before that contract is done though :(

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I voted yes but realistically they aren't trading Paul anytime soon. His contract is a much bigger hindrance to this franchise moving forward than Ryno contract that everyone was complaining about last year. I would be surprised if he last here the whole contract though.

13. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Yes I would trade him for 5 FIRST ROUND PICKS.....

Patrick Beverley
    Lou Williams
    Montrezl Harrell
    Sam Dekker
    Omari Spellman
    + CASH

BigShasta likes this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The problem isn't considering trading cp3.. the problem is no one would want that 40mil/year injury prone player.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. MD_in_Training

Clippers would laugh their a*** off if we offered that. Harrell gonna be an Allstar next year.

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yes Yes Yes. 160 Million down the drain with random "sore" legs

17. fattz

fattz Member

Best news of the week; when he leaves we will get out of one of the worst signing in the history of the NBA. I would like for the team to profit from his departure but just breaking clean works for me. If any of this is true he has to go. Paul is stealing from us if true.

Any entertainer that takes payment and doesn’t proform is POS not only to the organization, their teammates and fans. It’s the young people that look up to them as role models that get hurt the most. Paul if this is true shame on you as a person. If you don’t want to play then stop taking the check and show some integrity. We are all watching, do the right thing.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  18. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

That offer could have probably netted us Kawhi Leonard AND Jimmy Butler if we added more 1st/2nd Rd picks. Instead, we have an aging 33 year old PG holding us hostage for the next 3 years!

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes I would and here is why. The odds we will win a title with him in the next couple of seasons is less than 1%.

That means we will have several years of one of the largest contracts in the league contributing absolute **** while also being untradable.

Chris Paul's trade value is the best it will ever be right now. Not trading him by seqsonss end is asking for an absolute miserable next 3 years where the Rockets can't sign anyone worthwhile to help Harden.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey might leave for a better job if he’s smart. Rockets are locked into this garbage team for years. Basically zero trade assets.