Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

or he's a freakishly tall guy who constantly exercises

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. Movement_Is_Medicine

Joe Rogan isn't an expert on diet and/or training. Everyone he brings on is an expert in their field but you also get to hear how some of them have ideas that run opposite of someone else in the same field. Listen to his podcast with with Dr. Andy Galpin (I believe it's 2 episodes ago). He's someone who's worked with one of my mentors and he says, "it depends" to most of Joe's questions, like any good coach should do. Context is key. In training and diet science, few things are absolute. Most are still listed as theories and not law. Calories in vs calories out is the law of thermodynamics. That's the main principle when figuring out which method (keto, vegan, etc) to use when someone needs dietary help.

We can't use the N=1 approach. What works for you, doesn't necessarily work for someone else. You say your hunger goes away on keto, but I have some where that doesn't happen. They can eat and eat. You can still gain weight. If you add a stick of butter to all your food, that's technically keto, but there's a good chance you'll also gain weight/fat. Just like some people can build good glutes with squats, but others need more than just squats. There are physique contestants that don't use squats to build their glutes. Same with barbell bench press and building pecs. Some have horrible leverages to build pecs using the barbell flat bench to try and build their pecs.