1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WojYahooNBA] T-Mac for Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matt Maloney, Jan 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. herro

herro Member

probably looking elsewhere for a little younger player

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Butler just does not excite me. He would have excited me a couple of years ago but he just does not do it for me right now. Maybe its the 10 million contract for someone that is about to turn 30, maybe its just the whole Wizards thing but I don't see him being the answer enough to bring him in at 10+ million a year.

3. sergio

sergio Member

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Iggy is almost six years younger than Butler and a better defender. He is still getting better and more athletic than Butler. Iggy is overpriced but I like him a lot more than Butler.

5. sergio

sergio Member

I think Iggy would fit in great running the fast break with Lowry or Budinger

6. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Interesting... I'm not the biggest Butler fan but last time I checked he plays primarily as a small forward.

I wonder if the Rockets have expressed an interest in Deng and if a trade like this could open the door to Deng being traded.

Could the Bulls interest in Butler help a bigger trade go down with the Rockets? Is there a way to explore a three team trade that could also include Mike Miller or Brandon Haywood if the Wizards have decided to blow up that team?

7. worzel gummidge

From that same article:

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would you rather have a 29 year old All Star caliber palyer making 10 per or a 29 year old has been that's no longer wanted making 23 per?

Iggy is nice and young but to have to take back Brand for him is somewhat of a downer. I'm more than positive they'd want to shed Elton's contract more than Samuel's. That's a 30 year old with a max deal for the next 3-4 years if I remember correctly. That's something that really makes you ponder and put thought in the decision.

It just makes more sense player and financial wise, at least to me.

9. sergio

sergio Member

It's all about winning. Sometimes gambles and bad contract's need to be taken if the team has high goals. I still remember what alot of people said when Drexler came to town. I want this team to be a contender for a change and stop the whole underdog role that hasn't gotten us anywhere. Make a deal and bring in some tallent now..........

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is that a typo or a very clever post?

1 person likes this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

You only take Brand if it makes you a championship contender right now. Otherwise take Dalembert. He would expire next year when we need to renew Brooks/Landry amongst others.

12. SA05

SA05 Member

The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that the Bulls and Wizards are discussing a trade that would send Caron Butler to the Bulls for Kirk Hinrich. The deal may also include the expiring contracts of Jerome James and Mike James, although the contracts of Butler and Hinrich are close enough to make the deal happen on their own. Source Inside Nation

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Butler is a really good player. He's a good defender and he's a tough guy. He may not be as durable or athletic as iggy, but he's a very good player that would require alot to get now. He makes the team better this year and next year.