1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Memphis fires coach Dave Fizdale

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Nov 27, 2017.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yeah what is with that, like wait until you retire before unleashing your hot takes on NBA's going-ons that have nothing to do with your team.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

From what I've read Fizdale and Marc Gasol had a history, which obviously reached a boiling point when Fizdale benched Gasol for the last 3 minutes of a tight game. I feel for Fizdale as I felt he did a good job with what he has been given, but benching Gasol is a pretty dumb move, and if a franchise is forced to pick between a star player and a coach they will usually take the player unless the coach is a Popovich or something.

Pen15clubber and roslolian like this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think it's more so that people want change, and that the Memphis media might come up with something like a "As the Grizz keep losing, nothing is being done" narrative.

To avoid this, they cover their ass with the "promotion" of JB. If the Grizz win more than they lose, the media doesn't crap on them for firing Fizdale. If the Grizz continue to lose, it's because the interim HC was thrust into a position he was unprepared for.

It's a win-win for the Grizzlies brass, until the off-season when they can focus on finding a new HC.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, no playoff team will hire Fizdale - because their current coach took them to the playoffs, lol.

I'm talking about the PHX / NOP / SACs of the NBA.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sucks for Chandler, but Captain Jax got into his ass.

Memphis and Dallas were stupid for signing him to such terrible contracts... I know I wouldn't turn down that type of money... and neither would Jackson.

RudyTBag and DreamShook like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will they trade for Corey?

[​IMG]

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Parsons needs to understand that Stephen Jackson is not the one. Anyone who actively uses "bkuz" is not someone you want beef with.

ElPigto likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My God I freaking love Stephen Jackson more than ever. UP IN THAT SOFT CHANDLY/DADAKOTA ASS!

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao Jax

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has officially let go of Steve Francis's throat.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Coaches get fired all the time for questionable reasons. Fizdale must've been tight with a few little posses for them to come out talking smack about Gasol and Parsons and trying to divide the NBA players.

I'm sure LeBron is in the Cavs front office writing up a contract for Fizdale as I type this.

Rox11 likes this.
  14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow this is just crazy, unacceptable! Nothing like McHale getting fired. If Gasol was unhappy with his role then he’s a bit of a fool. He seemed to have a lot of freedom and even expanded his range. Sure, slow down game suits him better but he looked amazing beginning of the season and so did the team. Injuries and losing Allen, Vince and Z-Bo is a big deal too. It will take time to click on all cylinders, especially given the injuries. Really hope Marc has nothing to do with this. Gained a lot of respect for Fizdale last year, lost a lot this year for Grizzlies FO.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Stephen Jackson bathes with a du rag. He is not the one.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Coach Fiz is definitely down with da crew. Have you seen his wife!!!!

[​IMG]

Pulling that alone gets you a seat... his part in the Heat championship days probably upped his rep too.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

19. Raz

Raz Member

We don't know what would've happened. But the Grizzlies do know how bad we were under Bickerstaff, so firing Fizdale without a replacement (they will probably go cheap as well) means throwing away this season. Hope Gasol is happy now.

20. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Well GM Lebron, put your money where your mouth is.