1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj-Lakers cannot add a 3rd star.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Jun 17, 2019.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

and we can't even add a 2nd star, let a lone a 3rd... unless you count washed up CP3 and Horford as "stars"

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s almost like there are 30 teams!! Haha

daywalker02, RudyTBag and jsilencio like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s right, run to Daddy little one...

4. basketballholic

This is stupid talk. Lakers can create cap to sign a 4-9 year veteran to a max deal.

BigBum likes this.
  5. Sanity2disChaos

There is probably a lot of truth to that.

6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

People have very quickly forgotten that Bron missed 35 games last year and that the Lakers were barely above .500 when he played.

He's the same age as CP3.

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

They didn’t want to risk another Paul George situation

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Why warriors and Lakers can give 3 supermax salary but Morey cannot.
    we need 4 to 5 big players like sixers, otherwise it is really difficult to win champion

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I get what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s too similar. From my understanding with the PG situation they weren’t willing to involve much at all. There were rumours they weren’t willing to involve Ingram or the pick in that. Maybe they were just involving one of those two. Bottom line is they could have held onto some of those future picks and still don’t see another team coming close to that.

But at the end of the day I’m still speculating. I guess something that gets lost in this forum and amongst most fans and the media too, is we don’t actually know what went on in the negotiations. There are no legit insider sources, only Rob and David Griffin are really in the know.

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Hoping they throw 13m at whiteside, 10m at Ross, and the MLE to Rondo. Or maybe just give the whole 23M to KCP. Dream Lakers free agency. It honestly might not even be worse than what they did last year.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same age but he's not injury prone, and until he was playing he was still pretty damn good. Also, they sit him more then it was necessary last season, because well, having a better pick at some point was the smartest thing to do, i wish we would've done the same few years, we could've have LeVert or Prince now, if not already Butler after moving one of those two guys to the Wolves.

12. jb86

jb86 Member

Kuzma will probably emerge as a star.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lebron doesn’t play defense and I s a shell of his former self. Mentally and physically

Rockets > Lakers

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

before lebron went down the lakers were in pretty good position as a playoff team at 20-14. and they still had over a month and half to go before the AS break. he didn't miss 35. he missed 27 and the latter 7 were just keeping lebron out because the lakers had no reason to play.

16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

My bad on getting the number wrong. Had 35 in my head for some reason.

And you are right that he doesn't sit at the end of the season if they are still in contention. But he was banged up and playing atrocious defense by the end of the year. It was a combination of tanking plus him legitimately needing rest/healing rather than 100% full on tank.

#56 ChillyPete32, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he might not be that same beast of a lebron now naturally but he's definitely a big problem still. we can only hope a lot of the better FA's choose to go elsewhere

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

True! Which means they *might* be in contention for the playoffs!

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You mean, like where they can get more money?

20. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Offensively he was still excellent but his defense wasn't great before the injury and after he came back from injury was absolutely atrocious.

I'd still take Bron in a second but he showed he was human last year and things could go down hill fast. Just compare CP3 from two years ago to CP3 last year.