1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Carmelo Anthony trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2017.

1. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

We can't include 2019. 2020.

Zoplicone likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I understand your point. Tossing even a low 1st into a deal does have somewhat of an impact in being able to use a 1st in a later deal (although there frequently seems to be a work around). While low, it's a higher pick than the next one down (obviously!). Sometimes, though, the 1st pick in the 2nd might be better than, say, the last in the 1st round. It gives a GM far more contract flexibility (but the GM loses a future trade piece) and the talent difference can be negligible (or it may not be!). Guess it's why Morey makes the big bucks. He has to weigh everything and make hopefully the right call.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  3. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

The positive I get from this is that Dolan and mills are wanting to move him and aren't planning on holding him hostage. They won't interfere with the trade once perry sees a deal he likes.

James Hardashian and Tfor3 like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ok.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

One thing that everyone is looking over is the key....

Harden- the original beard.
    Paul- been rocking a beard for a while, but nonetheless still has it
    Melo- just started to grow out his beard in the past few months

Coincidence? I think not.

The beard bros in H-town. Read between the lines...... it's gonna happen folks. ;)

ClutchCitity81 likes this.
  6. rockets13champs

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

yeah, I called out Favors as the ideal third piece a few months ago. The feedback here in Salt Lake is that he would be "too much to give up." I don't see it; Anderson and Gobert are the ideal complements and Favors has never really had a solid role there.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Or singing Houston Solution...R. Milsap

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Favors and Gobert sort of occupy the same space. You can have the former spell the latter for 14 minutes per game, but putting them on the floor at the same time seems rather Howardy-Asiky to me. Anderson would be ideal with Gobert. In which case, I hope hot new Anderson wifey likes Salt Lake City; but I guess Ryan must have discussed with her the potentially peripatetic life of an NBA player.

But of course I would say, "C'mon, Jazz, take Anderson and send your expirings to New York!" Maybe pull an Obi-Wan: "Ryan Anderson is the player you're looking for." "Ryan Anderson is the player we're looking for....."

jch1911 likes this.
  10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Anterior pelvic tilt

11. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

AGREED

Streets 01 likes this.
  12. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Time to bump the Harden is Fat thread?

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Sorry that's what I meant. Our picks are insignificant

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

basically Melo would be a Rocket by now if PhilJax was still working the phones

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

favors is more of a modern 5. And u already have an elite 5 in Gobert. Favors was benched in the post season because of his inability to stretch the floor. I'd grab Anderson if I were Utah because I am not getting another player thru free agency. Anderson can come at a HUGE discount now. rather than losing favors for nothing in July

On Knicks side of things, he's an expiring. And a good young asset

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Plus, Favors' injury history is even worse than Anderson's. Anderson can score and stretch the floor, while Utah's defense could be good enough high to hide his deficiencies. Favors doesn't even have a set role there with Gobert owning the middle.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What's on his left shoulder?

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

has to keep mentioning "known internationally" because he is irrelevant where it matters most, in America

19. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Don't come into an opposing team's locker room, spouting your views, without expecting to get trolled. You should have responded better when that happened. Truth is, all groups have their fair share of trolls. Men rise above it. Little immature children respond in the eye-for-an-eye way that you came with.

Furthermore, stfu with your elitism. I doubt you represent even a small portion of the PDX bball fan base, but you're making them look terrible. You are a horrible representative, and it's likely why nobody wants to work with you.

I bet the best you'll ever work with in a meaningful role will be with Tommy Wiseau.

20. rockets13champs

Veins

Bids9 likes this.