1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Gentile ready to play for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

MDA is the reason Beasley isn't here.

MDA wanted Anderson and Gordon.

The narrative that MDA has some how been slighted or deceived by the owner or front office is not accurate.

roslolian likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

No it is a classic example of MDA blame shifting and deflecting. MDA has a lot of ties with Italian/Europe basketball and didn't want to look bad.

mikol13 likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe MDA does deflect blame in the past. But how is this an example. How is he getting blamed for anything needing deflection? Wouldn't this be placing blame? Or do you guys mean he's deflecting blame away from the FO in response to Gentile's comments

On another note:

Has Llull ever talked like this regarding to dream of playing in NBA?

roslolian likes this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

This wasn't a challenge to DM the GM but rather a reach out to the player. The resources dried up for Gentile.

Why create a controversy here when one does not exist?

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Not trying to start controversy, just stating my observation of MDA here and his previous stints in PHX / NYK / LAL.

I think your point is valid that resources did dry up, but maybe MDA could said something different other than "don't look at me, talk to the FO. I'm the coach not the GM"

If that's not a deflection of blame, then I don't know what is

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just to make it more clear about the bold part, he said "Io sono il coach, non il direttore sportivo" which can't be translated directly with general manager, but more like sports director, which btw is what is used in Italy to refer to what a gm does in the NBA so, i'm not sure if MDA was specifically referring to Morey or to the front office in general, i actually think it's the latter (in fact, he says "our front office wanted to follow another way" in the next sentence), but i wasn't sure about how i could've translate that properly.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Buttttttttt Mike is the coach
    It's not his job to get players
    That's Moreys job, so why is mike
    " deflecting blame"

8. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Whatever man. I'm not Italian, and you translated it

EDIT: Not blaming you @Vivi, just think this is par for course for MDA. We've seen this before with him. DM hasn't thrown him under the bus

#188 TMac'n, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Why? Because MDA has a huge say in which players the Rockets sign and trade for. For him to deflect criticism and throw it on the front office is bush league and typical of MDA in his other stops. All MDA had to say was "we hope he comes over next year".

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is it a deflection or a shout-out to the player? I choose to believe the latter; can't vociferously defend that (and yes, MDA does seem to point fingers from his direction elsewhere, so there's that). But this a controversy? I really don't think so.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you guys are reading way too much into this . . . .

D-rock likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Np ;)

I just wanted to explain that further to make it as understandable as possible.

TMac'n likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i think this is it tbh, you can probably read it more has "if it was for me i'd take him in the team right now cause he's a good player, a good guy etc...", pretty much what @xiki said.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The current roster is filled on the wing. But I am sure trades will happen to open up spots down the road. I bet Gentile (and Llull) will be on the roster next year.

I wonder how Gentile compares to Dekker.

@Vivi thanks for posting that info.

D-rock likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nothing triggers me right now more than people who keep waxing lyrical about Beasley. I mean if he was tearing it up in Milwaukee I guess people have all the right to sour grape all they want, but the dude is averaging 5 pts 1.1 reb in 15 min! Is this really the kind of performance that you think will get PT over Harrell and Dekker?

Also, obligatory "Beasley's a changed man now" post, he seems to have a news article talking about how much he's changed and grown every year:
    http://hoopshype.com/2016/11/04/jason-terry-says-michael-beasley-is-a-changed-man/

Redemption Season 3:
    http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...ley-has-matured-and-looks-to-help-6872337.php

Redemption Season 2:
    http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...beasley-wants-to-make-most-of-his-thir/nkPdW/

Redemption Season 1:
    https://lakeshowlife.com/2014/08/18/can-michael-beasley-change-anyones-mind/

Man I can't wait for 2017's Beasley Redemption storyline!

D-rock likes this.
  16. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Is Gentile coming this season or not? It's been a while since this tread started.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

You're welcome :)

And you're right, we have enough wings at this point, i wonder if Gentile was probably coming if we had signed Horford and Bazemore, i think in that case, we could've traded Ariza and Brewer for a pg or a center while freeing a spot on the wings...eh, we'll never know i guess...

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gentile is going to get traded to end the season in another Euro team or he's going to work on a buyout with his current team (Olimpia Milan)...still no word on what's going on and i wonder if there's a chance he can come in Houston at this point of the season...? -> if the buyout is the what will happen at least, since his current contract ends after next season.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Welp

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Witjir and Brown could be gone.

DD