1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: "CP3 has his focus on recruiting LeBron (to HOU) as much anything he's done in this league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jun 18, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

No? We still try like hell to trade Anderson and try to come back with the same team. Who knows maybe the rockets get a favorable bounce and end up beating the warriors.

2. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lakers assets are overhyped and they don't even have any significant draft picks to trade. putting up stats on one of the worst teams in the league doesn't mean much. jordan clarkson was pretty much a zero on the cavs after looking like a 6th man candidate for LA. brandon ingram is their only real asset and he's a decent player with potential, but he hasn't shown enough consistency to prove that he's the centerpiece in a package for a star player. and i'm absolutely positive no team is willing to touch lonzo ball even with a 10 ft pole...

edit: on top of that you have luol deng's contract that you have to offload to even think about getting a 3rd star. good luck with that...

#102 clutchdabear, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope it is either Lebron or some other major piece joining Harden/Paul/Capela. Otherwise the Rockets will have a legit chance to be regarded as the 00Sac Kings/ Reggie Miller era Pacers type team that was great but never good enough to win it all. Even though in a normal era they would have been without Kevin Durant doing what he did.

Nelly and Tfor3 like this.
  4. acjeitherocket

did he delete the tweets?

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This was from a podcast, I believe.

6. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

He didn’t tweet this. He was on the ESPN2 Draft Day Preview Show and he spoke on it.

7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Make it happen CP3!

9. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I don’t think we are that far away, if we could trade Anderson + picks for a playoff positive role player (similar as Tucker) and sign everyone else, I still like our odds even with injury consideration

10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I would say add a backup pg that can operate a pick and roll /pick and pop competently should be a focus if we cant trade for a star. If that cant happen look for someone who can shoot a basketball at the 1 that isnt a miserable defender. I really wish we could get bev back and add him to this juggernaut. He would fit so well in a backup point guard role. Anything we add to the team should have to be designed to fit vs golden state. The bench we had this year was fine vs most league. End of the bench was useless vs golden state.

hongxingli and saleem like this.
  11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Wonder if llull comes over if we got lebron ? Win a championship here and there

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

One out of the last 3 could comments is mind blowing. I can’t figure out which though.

hakeem94 and dreamshakin like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

15. hakeemthagreat

Wait, so Stephen A says something we shouldn't believe it at all. But if Woj says something and we take it as gold? As much as I don't like SAS he's a credible as anybody when it comes to breaking stories

16. 1234567

1234567 Member

Both leaks can be correct. CP trying hard to recruit but LBJ leaning towards LA.

He can lead 4 janitors to the finals and he proved that recently. Now doing it in the west will be much tougher since GSW is here so going to LA means he will not be in the finals.

But he has rings, MVPs, and life after us real.

Also, if the threat to LA is not real/perceived then zero chance the opt-in trade option is available and zero chance for Houston.

amaru likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Paul is focused on Lebron.
    LeBron is focused on rings.
    Morey is focused on Anderson.
    Cleveland is focused on Kawhi (draft night, in hopes of getting LeBron to stay)
    Kawhi is focused on forming a super team...somewhere, anywhere, with him on it.
    Pops is focused on Doncic or LeBron.
    George is focused on money.
    Warriors are focused on George.
    Ainge is focused on Doncic and Kawhi.
    Nobody is focused on Cousins.
    Dallas is focused on Capela (believe me on that one).
    Utah is focused on Kevin Love.
    I'm focused on a 5 that can switch defend and shoot the 3......and on cheap free agents like Uthoff (YEAH, HE'S BETTER THAN ANDERSON!!! :mad:) that we could sign at the minimum for a couple seasons that could become key rotation players.
    Ben is focused on the Astros relief pitching.
    Bima is focused on free agent cap space, luxury taxes, and repeater luxury taxes.
    Clutch is focused on finding the next Jordan Bell in the draft. ($5 million and 46 to PHX for 31 in a prelude to an Anderson trade?).

We all focused on sump'n.

WELCOME TO THE OFF SEASON!

#117 basketballholic, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    BigMaloe, freckleslol, amaru and 4 others like this.
  18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Th
    This is about cp3 though, not lebron.

19. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Not mutually exclusive takes.

The Lakers are the hot crazy girl that LeBron wants but knows isn't good for him. The Rockets are the girl next door that would be good for a relationship...but who live in Houston.

Be smart LeBron!! The Lakers are crazy!

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  20. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

So today's rumor features two Chris Paul's-- one who is putting aggressively recruiting to Lebron to Houston over his own free agency vs one who is resignedly telling people Lebron's heart is set on L.A. The way these stories broke within hours of each other by two prominent NBA Insiders, Stephen A. Smith and Adrian Wojnarowski you almost get the impression that this was Woj's way of saying "Stephen!......shut up man!.....We need to keep these fools clicking on our bullshit for another few weeks!"