1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Will it ever end?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by plcmts17, Aug 27, 2007.

1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/08/27/idaho-gop-sen-craig-plea_n_62015.html I thought basso would have posted this already.

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested in June at a Minnesota airport by a plainclothes police officer investigating lewd conduct complaints in a men's public restroom, according to an arrest report obtained by Roll Call Monday afternoon.
    Craig's arrest occurred just after noon on June 11 at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. On Aug. 8, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct in the Hennepin County District Court. He paid more than $500 in fines and fees, and a 10-day jail sentence was stayed. He also was given one year of probation with the court that began on Aug. 8.

A spokesman for Craig described the incident as a "he said/he said misunderstanding," and said the office would release a fuller statement later Monday afternoon.

After he was arrested, Craig, who is married, was taken to the Airport Police Operations Center to be interviewed about the lewd conduct incident, according to the police report. At one point during the interview, Craig handed the plainclothes sergeant who arrested him a business card that identified him as a U.S. Senator and said, "What do you think about that?" the report states. [...]

According to the incident report, Sgt. Dave Karsnia was working as a plainclothes officer on June 11 investigating civilian complaints regarding sexual activity in the men's public restroom in which Craig was arrested.

Airport police previously had made numerous arrests in the men's restroom of the Northstar Crossing in the Lindbergh Terminal in connection with sexual activity.

2. WildSweet&Cool

Police officer: "That's very impressive, sir. But I'm afraid you'll still have to put your penis back in your pants."

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The . .DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM . .defense always works

Rocket River

4. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I heard from a staff member at least ten years ago that Craig liked male interns. GOP Grand Old Perverts.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the report's a little too coy about identifying the lewd "activity". i'm assuming it's some sort of hot, sweaty, and considering the locale, smelly, gay sex, and not good old masturbation (btw, what is the female equivalent of "Spank the Monkey?" i nominate "Pat the Bunny," but i digress...). really, what is the appeal of a mens room? i just don't get it. throw the book at him, for bad taste if nothing else.

6. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/143517.html

The police were conducting a sting operation to investigate allegations of lewd conduct at the airport's main terminal.

According to the police reports, a man later identified as Craig kept watching the undercover police officer through a crack in the stall, Roll Call reported. Craig then entered the next-door stall and placed his luggage against the opening under the stall door.

"My experience has shown that individuals engaging in lewd conduct use their bags to block the view from the front of their stall," said the officer, Sgt. Dave Karsnia, in the report cited by Roll Call.

The report continued: "At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. I could hear several unknown persons in the restroom that appeared to use the restroom for its intended use. The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area."

The report said Craig swiped his hand beneath the stall divider several times, and Karsnia showed his police identification under the stall.

"With my left hand near the floor, I pointed towards the exit," the report said. "I pointed towards the exit. Craig responded, 'No!' I again pointed towards the exit. Craig exited the stall with his roller bags without flushing the toilet. ... Craig said he would not go. I told Craig that he was under arrest, he had to go, and that I didn't want to make a scene. Craig then left the restroom."

7. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

flick the bean

8. basso

Supporting Member

so he bumped feet w/ an undercover officer? anything more?

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He said/ he said incidents have become a tremendous problem for the republican party.

10. basso

Supporting Member

Pat the Bunny is a Touch and Feel book...

11. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

[​IMG]

But flick the bean is the equivalent...

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hopefully a series of miraculous exorcisms by prominent (non-gay) pastors will make these encounters he said/she said incidents, which is way it is intended to be!

13. basso

Supporting Member

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/08/27/craig-resigns-from-romney-campaign-post-2/

[rquoter]Craig resigns from Romney campaign post

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sen. Larry Craig, the Idaho Republican who pled guilty to disorderly conduct, has stepped down from his role as a co-Senate liaison for former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's White House bid, the campaign said Monday.

"He did not want to be a distraction and we accept his decision," Matt Rhoades, Romney's Communication's director said.

Craig's position with the campaign was announced in late May when the Idaho Republican praised Romney as a "proven leader."

The Romney campaign has also pulled a video of Craig from its YouTube channel, according to the online Web site The Politico.

The video, a clip of Craig praising Romney for his "strong family values," was changed to a "private" video shortly after the news surfaced of the arrest, The Politico reports.[/rquoter]

in light of this news, "liason" seems a particularly poor choice of titles.

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I always went for "put the sheen on the bean" :D

15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Yet another sexually repressed Republican official bites the dust.

...and I still hold that you just don't hear these types of stories about Dems. Not that it matters, unless you are running on a platform of "family values."

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it seems like this gay-republican stuff would stop being so darn funny, but it just never gets old! the irony is delicious :D

best line since "is that a pubic hair on your coke?". justice thomas thinks craig is smooooth...

im starting to see a patern...what is it with all you republicans? are all of yall gay? its ok to be gay guys! when you repress your true feelings it leads to deviant behavior like crystal meth and gay male hookers, propositioning dudes in public bathrooms and sending dirty emails to little boys. just come out and be yourself and be open about it. you dont have to hide!

ITS OK 2 B GAY!

[​IMG]

(i am a registered republican, but i am not gay)

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Larry_Craig.htm#Civil_Rights

Rated 100% by the Christian Coalition: a pro-family voting record. (Dec 2003)

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2007/08/27/self-loathing-craigs-homophobic-record/

The hypocrisy of the voting record of Sen. Larry Craig, the Idaho Republican who has outed himself by pleading guilty to naughty behavior in a men’s room, is just sad:

* 1996: Voted YES on the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) prohibiting
    same sex marriage.
    * 2000: Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation.
    * 2002: Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes.
    * 2002: Rated 25% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting
    record.
    * 2006: Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.

And let’s not forget that Craig is very much married (to a woman), thus adding adultery to his catalog of sins. In 1999, he stated his feelings about the character of cheating spouses on “Meet the Press,” reacting to a question about the Clinton impeachment:

MR. RUSSERT: Larry Craig, would you want the last word from the Senate be an acquittal of the president and no censure?

SEN. CRAIG: Well, I don’t know where the Senate’s going to be on that issue of an up or down vote on impeachment, but I will tell you that the Senate certainly can bring about a censure reslution and it’s a slap on the wrist. It’s a, “Bad boy, Bill Clinton. You’re a naughty boy.” The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughty boy.

I’m going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy. The question issue now is simply this: Did he lie under oath? Did he perjure himself and did he obstruct justice? And that’s where we’re trying to go now in this truth-seeking process.

In statement on his website today, Craig says he pleaded guilty too hastily:

“I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously.”

But go here to read the testimony against Sen. Craig by an undercover cop, and you’ll see that pleading guilty was the only option he had.

if you click on the link to the police testimony there is an interesting comment from one of his constituents...

"I’m an Idahoan, and we’ve known for years that Senator Craig is gay. Farmers know it, business men and women know it; everyone knows it, he’s known as “Idaho’s gay Senator.” But he’s untouchable when it comes to the media — even after he’s arrested for lewd conduct. On the local news tonight, the anchor made sure he emphasized “alleged” many times, and made the report sound like the police said this thing which wasn’t true. The news also buried the report, calling it today’s lead story, but they didn’t get around to reporting on it until the 3rd commercial break.

Once again, we see an ultra - conservative arrested for lewd conduct. Here’s what we know for a fact.
    1) Senator Craig openly admits that he is so inept, that he pleads guilty to something he says he didn’t do. I, for one, demand a slightly higher IQ for my state’s Senator.
    2) He hides the charge for over 2 months. Like other conservative politicians, Craig will say and do anything to further his own interests, including deceiving the public he serves.
    3) He refused to talk about it. If he’s so innocent, then hold a press conference, and let the public know the “facts.” In Craig’s case, he’s refused all interviews and is only issuing a canned statement.

And like other conservatives who get in trouble, he will continue to deny any wrongdoing, he will continue to live a lie while claiming to have the moral superiority and authority to speak for the people of Idaho.

This is one Idahoan who hopes he keeps his job long enough for a democrat to take his post in the coming elections. May more Senator Craig’s get arrested!"
    Comment by Buzz | Aug. 27, 2007, 7:26 pm |

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I just happen to be in Ketchum/Sun Valley with 1,700 of my closest friends, and this is quite the story in the Gem State. He was just in town a couple of days ago and everyone is talking about this arrest... from the locals to the state reps to the state police and everyone in between. The jokes and comments are fierce. I get the sense that a lot of frustration has been building with Craig that needs release. ;) He's no longer electable.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So many republicans coming out of the Closet, could Dubya be next?

DD

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member