1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Harden leave if cost cutting remains priority?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jan 7, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Serious question, will Harden leave or even consider it? I believe he should, but he won’t, he’s too loyal.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Don't think Harden ever leaves. He's the face of the franchise. The only city is LA and he would be second fiddle. Plus, he just turned 30 so he's got 5-8 years before father time taps his shoulder

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

serious question, would you continue a game of poker and you know the game is rigged?
    would you double down and spend another 30 milion and adam silver already sent the memo(and zebras delivered it) you are not winning it all?
    and you were already cheated 2 years in a row?
    good night!

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden will retire a Rocket.

DeBeards, Roomba, Bo6 and 5 others like this.
  6. macan

macan Member

after he wins 3 rings with Rockets, and maybe he'll consider moving back to LA. to win one for his hometown then retire happily.

crimsonghost and Lawlruschang like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden’s reply to this thread is

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As a Gary stan I cannot believe this thread popped up after Gary was let go. Everybody calm down.

Anyone who thinks Harden should leave the Rockets is dumb as hell.

Manos, Lawlruschang, Blurr#7 and 3 others like this.
  9. psaman17

psaman17 Member

If he thinks the poker game is rigged, he should cash out and go home with his money. Here he is folding his hands but continues to post the blinds. Sell. GTFO. THere are other players waiting to get in the game.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. smp

smp Member

I don’t know. So far has has shown 100% loyalty to the city of Houston so we have that going for us.

At some point he might rethink things if the team won’t build a championship roster around him.

I know I’m frustrated. Who really knows what he’s thinking. He’s a very smart guy though. You can see the intelligence in his eyes. He knows what he’s doing and what he’s willing to accept.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Gary Clark has been pretty terrible. He may figure it out like Covington did but it won't be this season. Remember Clark was above Daniel House on the food chain last season.

D-rock and Highlyrated like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko
    Troll thread again

DeBeards, Highlyrated and Reeko like this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The Tilman will make Harden Co-owner of various Landry’s resulting in him retiring a rocket.

After retirement Harden will purchase half ownership of the Houston Rockets.

Harden will eventually win complete ownership of the franchise.

14. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

How about a pay cut from 40 mill to 30 mill.so we can add players ,how much millions do u really need to be happy is the question?

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He absolutely will. If I were him I would too. I would have no hard feelings and honestly at the end of this season if he is not in the Finals he bolts.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we get cheap ass non contributing members or in this case non contributing trolls to stop having the abilities to start threads ?

this is the same sucker who started the What’s wrong with Harden after like two games at the start of the season

@Reeko

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Go quietly into the Good Night, friend.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Absolutely and rightfully so. Dude wants a ring. If Tillman turns out to be cheap Harden will go back home and get a ring.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I always thought that Harden should demand a trade out of Houston if we have another early playoff exit. He only has a year or two of his absolute prime left, it's hard to see him winning a ring here if we don't come close this year.

Tilman clearly isn't all-in on winning. I have a suspicion he bought the team for his kids since he did say he's treating the Rockets as a "family business".

BUT.... knowing Harden, I highly doubt he does any of that even if he knows the direction of the front office. He seems like a guy who will retire here, it's hard to imagine he will want out when he's already settled in. I don't think he's as desperate as KD when it comes to win a ring. I think Harden is perfectly fine with his legacy of a Barkley, an MVP level player who never won a ring. I think Westbrook is the same as Harden. I think they both think about life outside of basketball more than they care about winning a ring just for their legacy (like KD or Lebron).

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If either one of them read your post they would laugh their ass off. They have both done something that hasn't been done in 50 years. Harden with scoring and Westbrook with averaging 10+ rebounds assists points for a season. Those things don't happen unless you pour everything into what they do. Can they still be content with what they achieved without winning in a way yes, but they are most certainly concerned with their legacy. Depending on how things go with winning a championship Harden has a chance to be a top 10 player all time. It would be much harder to say that without winning it all.

Lawlruschang likes this.