1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Danuel House stay in Houston next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 16, 2019.

?

Will Danuel House stay in Houston next season?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    65.3%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is a really important point that needs to be made:
    The Rockets do NOT get the non-taxpayer MLE next season by virtue of being under the tax THIS season.
    This offseason when they sign players they have to use either the taxpayer or non-tax payer version. If they use the NON-taxpayer version in the offseason then they could NOT go over the tax line at any point in 2019-20. This would be virtually impossible, especially if they actually used that MLE.

It is nearly a lock that the Rockets will be a tax payer team next year, even if just minimally across the line. Therefore they will be limited to the non-taxpayer MLE for use in the upcoming offseason. As that relates to House, it means any offer above that number will mean he's gone.

2. bacliff

bacliff Member

Thanks for reply. I understand that but I figured some it they will be able to since there is an apron they can't go over. In the off season I will be waiting to see what Morey can do with what he has and both of these MLE's are there now at least so opening up another avenue to look at.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

From he's so overrated
    to
    Will Danuel House stay? / Can the Rockets keep House? / Has Danuel priced himself out of Tilman's budget?

[​IMG]
    :D

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Good problem to have this season , terrible for the prospects of keeping the core together next season and beyond.

You have Rivers , Faried who you have early bird rights to that probably isn't enough to retain them.
    Then you have House who may or may not receive an offer greater than his QO which is the minimum (which he is outperforming).

You have one T-MLE to use which likely allows you to retain ONE of those three key pieces. Who do you keep ?

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end, even if we lose him we're still getting Jimmy B so, we'll be fine ;)

bloodwings19 and BigShasta like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Out of those 3 House is probably the greediest (in terms of needing money bad).

Austin got a wealthy, well connected dad. Faried is a big and can get paid royally overseas as a fallback plan.

#66 daywalker02, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Zero chance you keep Rivers at less than 6 mil a year. That’s insane. He just happen to get bought out. He is a 10 mil plus player. Faried is whatever to me. He doesn’t play great d. We can replace him. So it all comes down to will the Rockets use the MLE on House?

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rivers was a 10M player in the *previous market*. You can't equate the 2016 spiker year market with the current market. Not sure where Rivers market is this offseason, tbh. But even then, you can't assume paycheck is the number 1 driver of his motivations. He seems happy in Houston and loves his coach and role. He comes from money. So his motivations might be different.

I trust that Morey can evaluate the *current market value* of players today. (which is not the same as previous years).

9. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I would love to have him get minutes over Shumpert in some of these games, and see how it goes. Again, Shumpert has been a negative so far, and Clark has provided good minutes the few games he has played. Why not experiment in the regular season??

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'll grant you the 2016 market was inflated. So if we take his 2016, 11 million salary and decrease it to 2015 dollars. That's going from 94 mil cap to a 70 mil cap that's a 25.5% decrease. We will take that as ALL as inflation and equate that salary to 2015 dollars, which would be 8.2 million. Then take that 8.2 mil and add the salary cap increase from 2016 (Not 2015, I'm completely erasing that salary cap increase and value added) to 2019 (as of right now 109 but I expect it to be slightly higher) that's a 13.7% increase. Equaling 9.32 Million.

That's his equivalent market value. For his first second contract. Normally the 3rd contract is the biggest contract. (lots of tape but still young) If he chooses to take less, say to be in the same situation, or because he loves the environment and role in Houston that's awesome but realize that means he got less than his presumed market value.

That's why I believe Rivers and Faried with 100% be gone and we can focus all of the MLE towards House.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Man ,why the hell did we try so hard to go under the LT this season lol ?