1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Danuel House stay in Houston next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 16, 2019.

?

Will Danuel House stay in Houston next season?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    65.3%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are we limited or are we limited by luxury tax?

People here act like the salary cap and luxury tax don't exist. They can be ignored. Spending other people's money......

Do we have the lowest payroll in the league?
    Until then calling Tilman cheap is bullshit.........hating @ss drama queen bullshit

Rocket River

Zoplicone and Maxgx like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey will make an offseason move to give team options and flexibility like he always does.

E.g trading EGo or re-signed Shump plus Nene and Hart/Clark/VE packaged with multiple 1st round picks to Orlando for:

Aaron Gordon
    Wes Iwundu (similar game & size to Shaun Livingston, Houston boy too)
    Khem Birch

Rockets depth, youth, length, energy not destroyed if either House, Faried or Rivers walk. May be able to sign 1 maybe even 2 of those players.

Roster:

Harden/Iwundu
    CP3/Rivers
    House/Green/Shump*
    AG/PJ
    Capela/Birch/Hartenstein

*Shump signed as future trade asset.

BamBam and BigShasta like this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This. If we get a championship out of it, I don’t really care.

4. HROZ

HROZ Member

Apparently that money has been put aside for Rivers so no......

I think House will be offered 4 years 12 mill at a minimum. Unless he outplays Rivers it's not happening.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Daniel house is a means to an end. He’s replaceable, they always are.

It’s just business.

buffalobills!!! and Rock Block like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's hard to say. It seems to me like a team may have already told him they want him next year.

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He could be a good trade asset to include with Gordon to package for a good return.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I really don’t understand all th hate for the FO. Hiding in the the Gleague while trying to get a deal done was the smart thing to do. If it had worked we would all feel better now. If you are pissed at Tillman that makes sense to me.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's just enjoy this season, and worry about next year in July.

DD

10. ilias

ilias Member

House is a really good fit for our biggest need and he has room to grow.

If he continues like that the TPMLE may not be enough to keep him. If he would agree to that, I’d be happy for the Rockets to offer him a 4-year contract with a team option at years 3 and 4. Not worth taking risks when we have found what we looking for.

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I agree. Re signing faried would be a mistake. An undersized 4 with no defense. Rivers has reached his ceiling and while a serviceable bench guy we would be wise to offer him a low contract or let him walk. The focus should be on retaining house. With such a limited amount of time to showcase his talent I’m not sure if there’s a lot of teams out there willing to throw big money for a player his caliber (journeyman borderline starter or bench guy with limited ceiling) I’d say rox has a great chance of re signing him.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

.....which is why the Rockets played hard ball to get House signed to a low multi year deal.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

They weren’t doing that last summer to non star players and likely won’t again this summer. The teams with space will be hunting big fish.

biff17 likes this.
  14. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Might sign with OKC.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can't wait to hear all the whining from HOF complaining about Morey and Tillman after they are unable to sign him that we should have signed him to a long term contract when we had the chance. Yeah, all those same fans that said just convert him will be the first ones to complaint once he leaves because we don't have money to pay him.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Need to sign green. Someone is going to offer house 3year 20 million.

The rest free agents are Undrafted or two way. Contracts.

Keep Gordon.

17. rockets13champs

He’s gonna get paid 6-10 million by some team

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

I also thought his agent had talked to other team staffs. He has no intention to sign here for discount next year bc cost control system,

19. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

I guess it really depends on how he plays in the playoffs. We'll see. Its hard to imagine if he does well, and we don't retain him. ??

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I’m not familiar with the CBA restrictions here. Are you saying no team can submit an offer sheet of more than the NTP mid level?

If that’s true the rockets could match any offer but would have to hard cap themselves to use the NTP mid level instead of the tax payer exception. Is this correct?

Obviously doing so would mean losing Faried and rivers unless either signs for the min which I think we all understood beforehand would be the difficult thing to do. But is it true that no matter what the rockets have the power to match any offer or could other teams exceed the NTP-MLE?

Thanks anyone for clarifying the situation here.