1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

First of all, he's not black. Let's just get that out of the way right now so it doesn't come up again.

Secondly, while I do think he made an ass out of himself with his political nonsense during the national anthem, that has nothing to do with him sucking at football. Even if he hadn't made an ass out of himself during the national anthem I wouldn't want him on the team.....and I'm guessing you wouldn't either. Your agenda on this is pretty clear kiddo and I don't think there's many here who can't see it.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh they've told you about how he's a terrible QB several times, but you just won't accept that for whatever reason. I mean even if he wasn't an awful QB, he'd still be waiting till after the Romo situation gets settled just like Jay Cutler is.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

Not that it matters but are you ignorant to the fact that Colin Kaepernick is black? But that shouldn't surprise me, because you've shown throughout this thread that you're ignorant to more than that.

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

And you won't accept he's the best FA available, including Romo

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He has a white mother and no one knows who his father is.....and he looks like Screech from Saved By The Bell.....but sure, you can call him black if it makes you feel better but it's not really relevant and you don't actually know that it's the case.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well of course not, because that's a laughably stupid comment. Kaps mom probably doesn't even think that....but for whatever reason you've convinced yourself of it.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

VY wasn't garbage . .. he has a garbage ass coach who intentionally hamstrung him
    and then got him blackballed out the league

Jeff Fisher is a POS

Rocket River

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, sorry, you're wrong. VY was a mental midget that never put in the time or effort to even learn the playbook in the entire time he was with the Titans....it's not Jeff Fisher's fault that he sucked while there. He also sucked everywhere else he went in the NFL.....I suppose you think that was Fisher's fault too?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And when I say this, I say it as someone who was a big fan of his in college who wanted the Texans to draft him.....turned out that it was a good thing they didn't.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He had skills and physical abilities that exceeds guys with jobs but when you say he got blackballed you are ignoring his personal problems that led to his downfall. That is a big deal when people look at bringing in an old player that relied on blowing past people to play quarterback. Plus he had injury issues, those increase when you get older.

It is a pretty similar situation with Colin K. Not worth the BS.

11. Sanity2disChaos

Dumbest sh!$ I've ever seen you post...seriously. Stick to sports buddy

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have no argument against what I've said (given that what I said was absolute fact) even though I take it you don't agree. I know that Kap's little Rachel Dolezal act has a lot of people perhaps thinking he's somethign he's not but let's not forget that this is the rich white kid we're talking about

[​IMG]

Even though now he's trying to create a different image

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, I agree we should stick to sports where Kap is nothing but a really bad QB that honestly has about one more failure before he's out of the league entirely. The only reason I even mention the other stuff is because it's pretty clear that there are one or two in here that only care about that stuff despite not really knowing what they are talking about.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

His birth mother says his father is black and that Kaepernick is bi-racial. Do you consider his mother a liar?

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

She hasn't told anyone who he is so I see no reason to assume Kap's race. I'm not sure how it really matters though, again, this is the person we're talking about

[​IMG]

Thinking that the world is out to get him because he might have a black father is pretty stupid.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You can call him rich white kid if you want. America still won't agree. Although you are right. He is not worth all the baggage that comes along with him. At this point it wouldn't even matter if he won a Superbowl.

16. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

It's a sad state of affairs that Kap is too much baggage but players that have assaulted their wife/gf or committed other crimes can find a way back into the NFL.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do you make such a bold statement? According to his birth mother, his biological father was black. According to his adoptive parents he is black. For every high school picture you post where he looks white, I can find a handful where he looks black.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If I could rep this, I would ten times.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My point is that unless someone told you, then you wouldn't necessarily think he was black. In fact, if I told you he was Greek, or an Arab, or Italian or Hispanic then you'd think that. The idea that his problems are due to racial discrimination is simply ridiculous. The reason he's not signed is because he's a fringe NFL player. He's not being discriminated against due to who his father might be (literally the only person that knows is his biological mother)

If he was a better player, he'd be the starting QB of the Niners this season.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont care whether Kap comes with baggage or not...I care about his ability to throw a football...and he sucks at it, so case closed.

Two Sandwiches and Bobbythegreat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.