1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Kevin Durant should get more respect.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swapshop, Jun 14, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

delete user, ban thread, screw durant

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barkley took a massive payout for the Rockets
    And Les screwed him

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup can't even believe i read all that garbage. starting out with, "as a rockets fan" **BS alert**

trying to call someone else a fraud when op's the true fraud smh

4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Did houston beat him in the finals? Had houston won a title? No one is mad at the warriors. They dont like kd because he joined an already historic championship team. His move was the equivalent of hakeem leaving the rockets in 93-94 and joining the bulls if jordan had stayed

5. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

If you are already under contract you cant take an effin paycut in the nba. Its not allowed. Kd didnt sacrifice ****. He made like 25-28 million dollars when he could have made what 30-35?

Oh big sacrifice on a 73 win team

rm365 likes this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

glad clutchfans came tru and nobody is liking OP's post.

I woulda been so disappoint to see like 20 likes on a post praising Kevin Durant's beta b**** asz

EDIT: just read the post and it was worse than I originally thought. taking shots at cp3? really?

is this guy serious. CP3 took a huge risk joining Houston and gave up a hefty portion of what he could've made in last years salary by opting in to his old contract.

rm365 likes this.
  7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

KD didnt leave a trash team to join the Warriors. The teams played in the WCF in which his former team had a 3 to 1 series lead. Because he played like trash game 6 , They lost at home to eventually loose in 7. Its like Harden jumping on the warriors. Nice guy but punk move.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I by any means am not trying to be a Durant apologist, however I don't fault Durant for getting away from Westbrook. I would have disliked him more if he joined LeBron.

rm365 likes this.
  9. likestohypeguy

So everyone hates durant as much, more, or less than curry/thompson/green etc... kerr?

He's the lesser of five evils to me by far, but I get it. But man, once an internet snowball gets rolling you better get out of the way

10. noppeper

noppeper Member

The problem I have with Durant is that he took a paycut to ride the coat tails of an already championship and historically good core, the same core that had defeated his team in the playoffs the year before, the same team he was the leader of. So his actions could be viewed as noble if from your perspective, but I suspect that unless you are a Warriors or NBA bandwagon fan, you will view this as a cheap move to, like I said, ride the coattails to an easy championship and have less pressure on yourself. There is very little honor in that.

Obviously, Durant succeeded in achieving his goal with this move, so good for him. But, this would be NOTHING like Lebron joining a Rockets team whose core has not gotten past the WCF. Whose coach has been criticized and maligned for not being a championship coach. Whose main star has been called on his leadership abilities, and him and the other star a choker. And finally, most importantly, he would be joining a Rockets team to dethrone the said juggernaut that Durant created, which is something Durant did not have to do.

Basically, he would be joining the Rockets to beat the bully. Durant joined the bully instead.

rm365 likes this.
  11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

This is seriously among the dumbest things I've ever heard....by giving up/leaving money on the table to join a team that can win a championship without him, he essentially bought his ship....

rocks123 likes this.
  12. MD_in_Training

I dislike the original GSW more than KD, but at least I can respect them for what they did.

I don't dislike KD as much as I do Curry and Green. However, I have zero respect for KD and will never acknowledge a single championship that he wins on the Warriors. He is basically the biggest b**** in the history of the sport, and single handedly tarnished the competitiveness of the league.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

KD- Welcome to Clutchfans.com

I will add your quote to your other quote about how you didn't like playing with your teammates in OKC

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Durant is b!+ch... nothing else.... anyone who doesn't think that is a warriors fan. Picture Karl Malone in his prime joinging Jordan in the 97-98 season or hell Hakeem joining the Jazz in 97-98 to beat the Bulls... i think you would vomit in your mouth. When KD joined the warriors it instantly made him the Coward of the West.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

He left some money for one year, you are saying he isnt going to get a contract nearly the same during this off season?

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Or he can resign with rockets doing something that isn't super max.

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So you have inside knowledge that he is going to not get super max?

18. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

I don't even know how you begin to defend what Durant did.

Durant was on an OKC team that went up 3-1 against the Warriors then choked. He had everything he needed to win in OKC, but he jumped ship to an already great team, plus it was the team that just beat him. Look who Durant is playing with, he doesn't really have to do anything and they could still win.

It was a weak move, stop trying to justify it, just stop.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Loved KD at UT... But gtfo, hahah not serious ,but come on... Dude has serious talent, joins team that beat him when he's up 3-1...

Hakeem/Jordan would never do that weaj ass ****, that's worse than LeBron's Miami move ...

20. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

I lost brain cells from reading the OP.