1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does MDA hate timeout?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 25, 2019.

?

Should Mike call more timeouts in crunch time?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We have some of the dumbest players in the world in EG and PJ and I don't trust them at all inbounding the ball but Mike almost never calls timeout to set up a play and it's explicable to me..

2. Wylo

Wylo Member

Because he has nothing to say during timeouts. This guy is just straight-up incompetent.

PeterKingX, BasketMAD and hakeem94 like this.
  3. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

Because in the MDA Tactical Board:
    1. The tactics of CC and JH accounted for 40% (now we don't have CC)
    2. JH and CP3's 1 V1 singles or pass accounted for another 40%. (Now we don't have CP3)
    3. The remaining 20% of the tactics are that the rest of the players decide to shoot three-point shots or attack the basket according to their instincts.

When pausing, the most likely thing the MDA says is, "We need to play better and have more energy, and then give the Fxxking damn ball to JH."

4. HP3

HP3 Member

You dont know what you are talking about and neither does the person who made this dumb thread.

D-rock, lnchan, Emtenndo and 3 others like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

To be fair, what's MDA going to say, that needs to be said?

"Don't be boneheads out there?" EGo and Tucker are professional NBA players - it's not worth calling a TO to remind them of that.

TheAusDream, Os Trigonum and HP3 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL honestly, I dont know what people are thinking.

7. Wylo

Wylo Member

Is that why Pop is always screaming at his players, telling them what to do? There is a middle ground between Pop and MDA. Both are not ideal, but MDA's version of no coaching philosophy is worse.

PeterKingX and bj3175 like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

These guys are vets and didn't make the same mistakes last year. No one could have predicted this kind of mental breakdown two games in a row. I'm sure this will be discussed at next practice.

HP3 likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

sometimes they're needed to stop the opponent's run and patch up our bleeding. but the anthony likes our players to play thru adversity.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Because he is brain dead like his players.

[​IMG]

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he doesnt have to say anything just stopping the game will take them out of the bad trance they were in

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon TO is needed for people to calm down and gather composure and not be caught in confusion runing up and down the court aimlessly

HP3 likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, I get it. That makes sense. I think idk...it was like....I think he should have called a TO when Harden got trapped. But when Gordon was taking it out....idk , I dont know why Gordon would shoot that I cant blame Mike for Gordon losing his mind.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol watching the game i was so panicky that i forgot about the clock and i legit thought Gordon had to take that shot at the spot :D

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Hahaha, I honestly thought he was gonna make it,

18. H-Town Rockets Guy

oh man..we made some dumbass mistakes 2 games in a row and it almost cost us the NY game and also tonight but we were lucky to come away with wins in both of these games. NY game, it was PJ and EG. Then again, tonight, miscommunication between PJ and EG inbounding the ball and turned the ball over. Then again, EG stepped on the sideline and turned the ball over, Then EG jacked up a 3 pointer up by 2 points with less than 20 secs left on the game clock and missed the shot. he should have hold on to the ball and atleast run down the clock a little unless he had a wide open layup to make that a 4 point game. D'Antoni needs to hold a Class on "how to close out games with a lead" tomorrow morning. I love both PJ and EG but they are experienced players and they have to do a better job in close games.

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

I know everyone's hammering the anti-D'Antoni posts, but I really do get frustrated with his lack of timeouts at the ends of games. The play where Harden was trapped and turned it over was an extremely easy timeout call. You're up 8 and have two timeouts with under a minute left and are at clear risk of a turnover. You have to call that timeout . It took an easy win, and turned it into an almost loss. That's inexcusable, no matter how many other mistakes were made after that. And given that this is now our third game in like 5 where we've blown a 6 Plus point lead in under a minute, it's not unfair to question our use of time outs before crazy turnovers.

20. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Homers don't know what makes a coach. They think that it's just some dude who's lucky enough to have talent on his team and lets them do their thing and that's it. No, you call timeouts. You adjust and actually make plays instead of just dribbles and ISOs. Those aren't effective plays when they're not working and leading to a collapse.