1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's our best MVP candidate ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Nov 13, 2014.

?

Who is Our MVP if a rocket wins it

1. James Harden

81 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Dwight Howard

45 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I am one of the bigger harden fans I know however I was arguing with a mate about who our MVP is if a rocket was to win it this season. naturally he said it has to harden because he carries our offence (to which I agree) and is now getting recognition for his effort on defence.

however I said dwight even if he is not our franchise peice should be our MVP (much like people such as zach Lowe agree with), due to us having the no.1 defence ATM and completely changed the team identity with his extra bounce he seems to have on both ends.

Anyways Who is it. Dwight/harden, their isn't a wrong answer if you picked between the two.

2. sufiankassam

sufiankassam Member

Tough call. I voted james harden then remembered the golden state game. Dwight is our derisive MVP and harden makes the offense go. Really hard to say which is more important.

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Just let time play it out. Simply too early to discuss it. Nothing is guaranteed yet.

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

It is just an optinon question based on each posters view, not an indepth analysis...

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

6. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I would say Howard but the way those clowns at ESPN have manipulated his image after he left LA I am unsure that he will have the support. Harden can do it if he keeps up his play on defense. We will see what happens as the season goes. It is still early.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

All I know, is that Howard is back to his Orlando form.

20 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks and 61% fg in 32 minutes per.

And that Harden is still a bad ass, but a bad ass who needs to raise his fg% before I take him serious as a mvp caliber player.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm torn.

As far as team MVP, I say Howard. If we lost him or team would stink... If we lost harden I think we are still above 500.

But on the other hand Harden gives us a shot at beating the top teams in the league because he can completely take over a game offensively... Something Dwight can't do.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Joey Dorsey

Without him, this wouldn't be possible.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I feel like it would have to be Howard.

Guy has been playing great.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Rockets have a better chance of winning the title than having a player win the MVP. Harden and Howard are playing great, and will split the vote. My money is on Davis.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hard to say. We're screwed if we lose either of them. No rim protection if we lose Howard, and no playmaker if we lose Harden.

I'd say Howard is slightly more important than Harden but it's very close.

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

We'd be over 500 either way.

I think our offense would be stagnant without Harden, I definitely agree we'd be way worse without Howard.

I voted Harden because I assumed we were talking about who'd the MVP winner would be, not who I thought was more valuable. I'd say Howard is more valuable, but we really need both players playing at a high level to compete

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think our backcourt players could manage without Harden MUCH better than our frontcourt players could manage without Howard.

Howard is also the catalyst to the entire defense the same way that Harden is for the offense.

I'd have to go with Howard as MVP of the team.

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

JJ WATT!!!!!!!!!!!

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Without Howard in the middle, our 3pt shooters are not getting the open looks that make us a better team than last year. So Howard has a positive effect on the offense. Without Howard, we have a significant hole in the middle on defense, so he's just as important on that side of the court.

Without Harden, our offense wouldn't be as fluid. Ball movement would begin to stagnate as players wouldn't be able to create offense as easily. Without Harden on defense, we have other players that step up to fill the gap.

Nod goes to Howard. The Golden State game was a wake-up call to show me just how important Howard is to our team's success.

18. bongman

bongman Member

Don't know about that man. I think at a minimum, your team has to make the playoffs before you can be considered :p

1 person likes this.
  19. jbasket

jbasket Member

If I remember correctly, Rockets went 8-2 without Harden; Dwight averaged 26/13, and the offense was still pretty efficient. The Rockets would still have a playmaker without Harden.

20. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Dwight Howard is the most valuable player, n the best player on our team. So therefore D12, even tho if it comes down to it, they'll probably give it to Harden b/c of 25/7/6