1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who killed the hangout?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Sep 17, 2016.

?

Which Rascals?

1. Vanityhalfblack

22.7%
  2. Jontro

26.7%
  3. What

48.0%
  4. SwolyD

65.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Things have changed while you were banished. "**** YOU @SwoLy-D" is a term of endearment in Hangout lingo.

If only search was up.

Jontro and SwoLy-D like this.
  2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeah, but... notice he's missing the "@" sign. You did it right. He didn't. ;)

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(Late, But) Hangout was also diluted some by CF splitting out some previous Hangout subjects into their own forums. And adjustments to all CF in general changed the tone.

Which is a GOOD idea and only way to go. Sports talk in Hangout and talking about a baseball trade seemed an odd clash against an El Hitman strippers thread, it needed its own space. Hot Deals is a winner, and can't even imagine CF WITHOUT a Texans or Astros section.

Though the Anything-Else 1-stop simplicity seemed more accessible to just dump in whatever. It was ROCKETS -> Dunks, Crossovers in Dish -> Beer Burgers Burritos Babes Boobs Butts Bros / sound Financial advice in Hangout.

I don't think individual personalities "killed" Hangout. I think the original key players just matured a little more, there's other sources to be debaucherous for younger people now, and its just inevitable that things change.

I think the new format helps Hangout as much as anything though. Avatars just by itself gives personality. And a DISTANT factor - Rockets TEAM success as an influence. A Rockets (maybe Texans) FINALS appearance and WIN can lessen the CYNICISM and crotchetyness on the board some.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sadly, I think this is exactly what "killed" the Hangout. A lot of members who were so young and fancy-free back in the glory days now have spouses, kids, careers, mortgages, etc.

Maybe this new badass version of CF will bring more of them out of the woodwork?

5. Isabel

Isabel Member

Wow. I do check this thing every once in a while. All of a sudden new board and people proclaiming the death of the Hangout. Will have to check this out. Anyway, like so many others in the class of '99... I grew up, had kids, and working like crazy both at home and at work. Time just isn't what it used to be. :) Good to see y'all on here and will have to read more of this... whenever that may be... gotta go teach a class now. :)

SwoLy-D likes this.
  6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Too many big ass Gorditas killed it.

CCorn likes this.
  7. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

You're just too thick SMH.

Exhibit #1: "I didn't think I was self-righteous" You're delusional. Simple as that.

Exhibit #2: "I believe he's taking this too seriously" Taking anything seriously or light is irrelevant. You were simply ****ING ANNOYING. You were RELENTLESS in your gnatty ways. No one took your stupid jokes "too far." You took your own presence too far. You didn't give me so many digs that I left the board, you firmly planted yourself up my ass. Do you honestly not see a difference here? You're weren't a bully throwing insults, you were a clown shooting spitballs from across the room.

WHY DO I EVEN TRY TO GET THESE POINTS ACROSS?!?!?!?!? lol

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's what she said. ;):cool::):D

Jontro and SwoLy-D like this.
  9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dude won't let it go. LOLs. :D

hahahaha... nice.

[​IMG]

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

mainly, people get older.

11. Buck Turgidson

So you're saying if I get a couple of those things I might grow up some day?

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Hate to be the one to say it, but SwoLy owns you!!!

You can't move forward if you don't let go of the past!
    No, I'm not defending his past transgressions!!! He was definitely obnoxious in many occasions towards me as well, but I quickly realized that I was giving far too much power to someone whom I didn't even know! Once I discovered this, I actually started to like the guy!!! He became entertaining to me, I enjoyed when he would come after me, it became sort of a jousting match to see who would lose the temper first! My avatar says it all, I come to this site to have fun, and NOBODY here is going to change that!

I agree with SwoLy, let it go and enjoy the ride!!!!

TdashDUB likes this.
  13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Was wondering why this thread was growing. Now I see. Hangout is getting good again.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't do it. I like your posts.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I have a 100% fool proof way to make the hangout great again, but it isn't without risks.

Say it with me: anonymity

Even though i don't know the vast majority of you in real life, i am reluctant to share stuff on here because i value my account and "the internet never forgets." I'm sure most of you agree.

If one of the subforums was totally anonymous and purged every now and then, you'd see more off the wall ish that harkens back to the nascent age of the internet.

And yes, the process of making a new account just to spill some beans is too much of a hassle. Not to mention that it goes against the culture of this place

Think about it, you know I'm right.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It'd work. Internet culture has changed once people caught on that nothing goes away and is lived down. Plus all the Internet sleuths get too serious business and things get too hot. Anonymity would solve that, but it'd also result in a lot more s***posts. Let's do it!

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The off season killed it.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Was on google googling stuff up. Every now and then, a cf thread result shows up. I read one from 2005. There are some old banned names on there. So if swoly can come back, let's welcome back some older ones.

Welcome back Mr. Meowgi!

He went crazy after Obama got elected. I think he posts here still under a different name.

20. updawg

updawg Member

What about fatty fat b*stard? I used to love to check in on Monday mornings to see what kind of dumbass **** he did over the wkd