1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who here is actually glad Marcus Morris got a chance to play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 10, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't know what Morris upside eventually becomes, but I am glad that he got a chance to show that he's at least rotation level player. If anything, he's just as advertised. Capable of scoring from anywhere on the court, doesn't need to be set up, not much of a passer, decent rebounder. If he stays on the Rockets, I see him being at worst a 6th man instant scorer.

Whether he eventually becomes trade bait or part of our core, I am glad our coaching staff rewarded his offseason work with a chance to showcase himself. Especially when most of the fans were ready to dump him.

2. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What surprised me most is his rebounding.

Absolutely terrific rebounder.

4. 713

713 Member

melo with defense.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Morris is a main reason why the PLAY TEH ROOKEEZ cry isnt that signficant. He's like rookie and a half, barely even a 2nd year player who's needed minutes himself.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Time for people to eat their words...and there were a ton of them last season...

Morris needs to start. Period.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think on this team at least, he's better served on the bench. He's the 3rd most explosive offensive threat on this team. Gotta stagger his minutes With Harden and Lin.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I think he switched places with his brother...

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's producing more than PP in less minutes. Morris should start and Smith should be the back up, until PP decides he actually cares enough to be more active.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moving like a small forward this year. He looks great.

I want him to be the primary backup to Parsons so we can get Greg Smith and Terrence Jones more minutes.

11. PureElement

PureElement Member

He shouldn't be backup to Parsons, he should be our starting PF. When you have a player who has the speed of a SF and the body of a PF, you play him as a PF. He will absolutely abuse some of the slower PFs and he is actually a respectable rebounder. Unlike Pat Pat, Morris, when hes not made to only shoot threes, can get to the basket and the line. Pat Pat should be eliminated from the line up all together.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This.

13. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I've been impressed.

14. metalshred

metalshred Member

Very efficient performance tonight. Hope he can keep it up!

15. redlawn

redlawn Member

He's played well so far.

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I hated it at first but he has made me change my mind. Im glad for him and hope he continues to play well.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well he's playing bigger than Patterson that's for sure.

I like him where he's at, I just think they need to run some stuff for him. He could be big time coming off the bench if they treat him like that.

He got hot and then they literally just went away from him.

He's the 3rd best scorer on the team. If not 2nd because Lin may be more of a facilitator at times and Morris will always look to score.

Being patient with Morris is going to work out, people just don't need to flip out the next time he goes cold.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm leaning towards giving Morris the starting gig over Patterson as well. He'll add a bit more offense to our lineup and take some pressure off of the guards.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, because he would abuse smaller forwards just the same. Just like Carmelo does, who is also the size of a power forward. Marcus has shown some great signs guarding the perimeter this year. I think he can do it. (Could he ever supplant Parsons?) :grin: Wishful thinking I know.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's been the most pleasant surprise this season. So much quicker then I realized, his shot's improved and he's a gifted rebounder.