1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Which current NBA players' game can Hakeem take to the next level?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by spankz141, May 16, 2013.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Many players have been working with Hakeem the last few years to try to improve their game. Lebron and Kobe probably have translated the most from their work with Hakeem.

What other NBA players can take their games to the next level or improve their game by working with Hakeem?

I believe if Kevin Durant worked out with Hakeem, his game would expand so much. KD has almost the same length Hakeem had and he is already a great shooter. Let's face it, KD needs a post game and I think he would probably have great footwork since he has a thin and long frame.

2. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Lebron James.

He needs another summer with dream.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree, Durant has the perfect amount of size and nibbleness balance to properly use Dream's shakes, fakes, and hooks.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

James Harden

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Maybe Javale McGee? That guys is agile for his size. He just looks so clumsy!

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's obviously Dwight. Dwight just needs to put more work in, not only with him, but also without him. Up to this point he obviously hasn't learned much if he isn't using any of it in games.

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Paul George

8. arjun

arjun Member

kevin durant

9. arjun

arjun Member

i think anthony davis could benefit

10. Gertso

Gertso Member

Jeremy Lin.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Thomas Robinson

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think Yao had it right, working with Hakeem is great but there are so few people that have his elite abilities that very few can actually execute the things he's teaching. That's probably why wings have had a better go at adopting the dream shake than guys like Dwight Howard. Durant is probably a good one, and one that should try to develop a consistent game closer to the basket.

13. Asian Sensation

It's definitely not Dwight. If anything Dwight needs to hit up Shaq, pay him whatever he wants and mold his game after him. The things Hakeem did was way too advanced/difficult for Dwight to emulate. Completely different skill-sets.

14. FearTheBeardJH

Hakeem didn't really do much for Lebron and Kobe, Kobe had great footwork way before that.

I guess they were more willing to post up, but they didn't learn nothing new.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

None. Just like Hakeem didn't learn his post moves from anyone (save for maybe Carroll Dawson teaching him the fundamental jump hook), he learned it on his own and refined it on his own.

Some of the current/young guys just need to lock themselves in the gym and work things out on their own. They can't learn how to post up from just a few sessions from even someone like Hakeem. (Although I'm sure Hakeem appreciates the business on 2nd visits and the free PR)

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I don't think it does anything for Dwight, because he doesn't care enough. It's typical fake-hustle stuff from him. His offensive game has not improved in how many years now? 4? 5? Even though he's worked with Hakeem. It's kinda like when you were a kid and your parents wanted you to put in some extra time studying, but you just fake-hustled and stared at the pages for a while. Technically, you were 'studying', but nothing was really getting accomplished.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you don't really do much for Clutchfans.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

lol, dwight and shaq really don't like each other. shaq takes a shot at dwight every time he gets a chance on TV. I doubt Dwight would ever call up Shaq.