1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Bruno?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

unfortunately D'antoni puts more weight on offensive prowess, I think he needs more playing time to get comfortable and fit in. I doubt we see him much this year.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. magichat281

magichat281 Member

He has low basketball iq. When he was in the game he kept trying to set pick and roll and go to the rim when he knows no one supposed to be in paint. Thats why hes not getting pt. He just need camp the 3pt line and crashboards when someone shoots. On defensive end he just need swarm players. He looks lost at there when hes playing. Why is he picking and rolling all way to rim when we dont even run those plays no more.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

When Covington first joined the team, he kept trying to set picks too. I don't think it's low BB IQ, I think it's a lack of playing time and getting to know your teammates. In the few minutes he played against GS, he had a steal, block and rebounds! Also, he STANDS IN THE CORNER AND SHOOT 3's!!

Everything I just stated is exactly what PJ Tucker does, except block shots. That's why I think it would behoove MDA to have Bruno backup Tucker.

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bruno is no where near the level of what PJ/RoCo are. quit acting like he can do what they do. stop it

saleem and magichat281 like this.
  5. ballgame

ballgame Member

Go back and look at all of my comments, never once did I say Bruno is on PJ/ROCO's level. As of right now, he's a bench player but I think he deserves playing time! Memphis is a different situation but he earned time and he was effective there. If Carroll can come fresh off the bench in SA w/o playing ANY TIME this year....WHY CAN'T MDA GIVE BRUNO A CHANCE?

Fans need to understand that playing SMALL BALL is extra ware and tare on the Player's Legs and the only way to combat and keep the players fresh is to extend the rotation. If not, it will catchup in the Playoffs.

D-rock likes this.
  6. magichat281

magichat281 Member

He has potential but he need stop standing around in the paint or he ain’t gonna get pt.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's done nothing to deserve playing time. memphis lost in almost all the games he played in which is the only reason he saw some minutes in the first place. again he is not a rotational player. that doesn't mean he can't be in the future but as of now, he isn't even close

fan's need to understand not everyone is going to play no matter how much of some crush you have on someone. this actual team has less than 30 games, which isn't a lot for a team with championship aspirations, to actually play together w/ new acquisitions that will be part of the core in playoffs. Bruno not playing is far from some issue.

#127 YOLO, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    saleem likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i just want to see if he ends up draining a 3 for us will bullard yell out "itsa bruno bomb!"

TimDuncanDonaut and hakeem94 like this.
  9. ballgame

ballgame Member

The same thing be said about Carroll; SA is a bottom tier team this yr. and they've lost almost every game. He didn't even get a chance to walk through and MDA gave him minutes initially. The thing I'm saying is MDA have to LEGITIMATELY give players a chance....When Capela first came up from the Vipers all he could do was run and dunk BUT the more playing time he got, the better he got.

When Bruno left here and went to Memphis his game got better and it was largely due to playing time. We don't need for him to be a star, we just need for him to play 10-15 minutes a game

slothy420 and D-rock like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Caroll is a vet. that's what he has over Bruno. Even then Caroll is nothing more than an end of bench insurance as well

he didn't really get better. just because he saw the court mostly in meaningless time doesn't mean you got better. but cf's loves to think the last guy on the bench is something

saleem likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then why does he continue to play both PJ and House if all he cares about is scoring 10+ points?

Bad take Elmo.

DeBeards likes this.
  12. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Too lazy to read through thread but my guess to the OP's question is on Mars.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Going to need the length and size to give the opponent a different approach.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

also going to need someone that can be productive. right now bruno aint it

saleem likes this.
  15. ballgame

ballgame Member

Fact! When he played in Memphis and got better. Fact! When he played against GS he showed a Defense Prowess; block shots, REBOUNDS and steals. I'm quite sure every Rockets Fan know that's what we need coming off the bench, someone with length. And with the Breaking News that the Rockets are working out Luc, means that they know it too!

If Luc doesn't pan out, with that bum shoulder, they are going to need to give Bruno minutes or look elsewhere. But however it plays out, they need someone who can bring the ability to block shots, rebound and spread the court.....Either way MDA is going to have to expand the roster or they're going to be out of the playoffs early! HE'S GOING TO WARE THEM OUT PLAYING SMALL BALL W/ AN 8-MAN ROSTER

D-rock and slothy420 like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

when he played against GS, he looked terrible and in garbage minutes

The breaking news of Luc speaks more towards carroll than anything else

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

Like I said before, he did everything we need Defensively. Offensively, I saw rust!! Which is to be expected; just came off an injury, haven't played in a month or more...It's expected! EG came off injury, he's been playing and he still looks horrible!

D-rock likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

he didn't do anything