1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does Carmelo Anthony rank in today's NBA?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brown Lost It, Nov 22, 2016.

?

Where do you rank Melo?

1. Top 5

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Top 10

6 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Top 20

42 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. Top 30

38 vote(s)
    29.2%
  5. Top 40

17 vote(s)
    13.1%
  6. Melo sucks

25 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. BackdoorHarden

He has more gold medals than any other NBA players. He has scored more points in the Olympic than any other player. He has a championship ring. He is one of the great scorer in the history of the NBA.

1st ballot HOF. Top 20 Greatest of All time

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Championship ring? Like in 2K or something?

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

his scoring is like DD's posts. high volume, high quality.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Melo = Top 40, maybe even top 50 player, depends on the criteria. His NBA careers has not been that special, sure he is a individual talent but he hasn't changed the fortune of a franchise. He is not a culture changer, he is just a I get buckets guy. Lots of those type of players through out the years.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Melo when he came in has as much or even better potential than Lebron, outside of Tim Duncan I've never seen a rookie impact a team so much, honestly he really deserved the ROY over Lebron because Lebron when he came in couldn't shoot, Melo helped instigate Nuggets' biggest turnaround in franchise history, I think they went from 3rd pick to like 2nd round or something which is pretty big in the West.

The problem with him is he just relied on his skills and his athleticism all these years, and now that he's getting old he's become like half the player he once was. Unlike his best buddies Lebron and Wade who spend each summer working on their game, Melo probably just spends his summer lazing around and doing just enough work to be in NBA shape and it finally caught up to him. If he fixes his attitude he can definitely become a great addition to an already good team, but honestly I don't think he's worth it at this point, I might not even trade him for Anderson at this point because he might infect the locker room with cancer whereas Anderson is actually a great teammate.

6. BackdoorHarden

LOL. Horney called out Melo for a being a Ballhog.

Won't be long before COACH KILLA AKA ME MYSELF AND I MELO Get another coach fired.

"
    Ian Begley ESPN Staff Writer
    [​IMG]
    Asked about Carmelo Anthony's night (Anthony finished 4-for-19), Jeff Hornacek said the Thunder defense loaded up on the elbows and the Knicks needed to do a better job of kicking the ball out to open shooters. The implication was that Anthony missed opportunities to find his teammates."

7. BackdoorHarden

I rank Melo next to The Human Highlight, but not as exciting as Dominique Wilkins.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am surprised this thread was never bumped. There are definitely some interesting responses in this thread. These responses will also be 1 1/2 years old by the time the playoffs start this upcoming season.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

melo is probably top three. goes something like this:

cp3
    beard
    melo

but if he stays in nyc, he prolly sucks.

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Players better than Melo in no particular order:

LeBron
    Harden
    Kawhi
    Durant
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Paul
    Wall
    Irving
    Cousins
    Davis
    Derozan
    Lowry
    Love
    Millsap
    DeAndre
    Embiid
    Towns
    Butler
    Zinger
    Klay
    Draymond
    Giannis
    Blake
    George
    Beal might be better

Thats what, 25+ players better than Melo? Top 30. I want him bad tho

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

HOODIE MELO YO

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

How times have changed ftw, how times have changed.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

When you work on your game in the summer it shows, Lebron's 3 pt and overall shooting ability has shown this. Kobe's post game with Hakeem got overhyped but it's still something he was able to add to his game. OTH Melo hasn't really added any new facet of his game his entire career, coming into the league he was already an extremely polished and versatile offensive player with spotty shooting. 10 years later he's still the same dude but worse due to age.

BigggReddd likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The NBA had their top 50 all time 1996. Are they going to do a top 75 in 4 years?? Would Melo make that 75.

It's close but I say yes.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Really? Based on what? Melo has tons of all star appearances but lots of players have that. By the time the list goes out I think the current gen already pushes Melo out of relevancy, guys like Curry, Kawhi, Davis, Westbrook etc. are all trending to eclipse his career.

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If you account his total winning numbers of the game, then dividing his total salary in today's NBA, he is just not good. He is also a cancer to the team too, it is hard to rank to him for a high, a top 100 is sure.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Based almost solely on stats. He has already scored more points than players like Barkley, Elgin Baylor, Drexler, and David Robinson

So I agree with you but they would be adding 25 more players. And with his stats and NCAA championship. Like I said it's close but probably enough if he could potentially be a top 10 all time scorer in the NBA.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but the thing is once you are on the list you don't get taken out of the list. This is probably why the NBA doesn't come out with a new list, eventually all the old players will be taken out and it'll cause controversy so thats why even if Melo scores more pts than old players it doesn't matter. By the time the new list comes out there will be 25 better dudes than Melo. With the way the league's preference has headed towards high scoring teams and 3 pters Melo's old fashioned scoring ways are gonna get overshadowed pretty soon. Maybe if he latches on to a contender and wins a ring he can cement his legacy.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's why they should add more players as the years go by. If they had 50 players in 50 years, they should have 25 MORE players in 75 years. So in essence, they should have the top 25 in the past 25 years. Is Melo a top 25 guy in the past 2.5 decades?

20. SunsRocketsfan

Melo isn't even top 25 in today's NBA let alone the past 2.5 decades. Melo sucks