1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are all the condescending "smart" posters?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, May 12, 2017.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

People keep acting like its some suprise that he turns the ball over.
    You do realize he broke the TO record for two years in a row. So dont make a whole thread trying to prove you were "right" about James cuz its the furthest from the truth.
    He is a top 3 offensive player Having the ball in his hand is the best option for this offense.
    Having it too much isnt on him, the roster we have ( no true playmaker, shooters) constructed for this to happen.
    Instead of trying to emphasize the flaws that he has increasingly worked on and gotten better at ( TO, Clutch,Defense) Focus on where he took this team being the lone star. 3rd best record in the NBA.
    Try to look at things in a general view instead of being the kid who reacts to one game like it defined his enitre workload.

You do realize Lebron couldnt win a title alone he needed 2 stars. Iam not comparing Harden to Lebron but FFS ppl show some loyalty and support to someone who gave us an incredible ride this year, unexpected to.

OP is just a hater who cant appreciate something good always trying to find something to b**** about.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Such a top notch quality post.

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So salty......i love it. keep it up guys. excellent work so far in this thread.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Can you see me right now, are you watching me undress? You're a pervert.

5. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So your opinion of a smart fan is someone who blinds themselves to reality in favor of an overly optimistic view that does not reflect the world we live in?

And why do so many of you build up these straw man arguments of people reveling in the failure of the team? I have a feeling a lot of people wanted to see them do well, even though they think defense and turnovers matter...

You are a non-thinking partisan moron.

xtruroyaltyx, kjayp and T for 3 like this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

[Disclaimer]

Not saying the guy isn't smart

He's confusing being a "smart fan" with a "loyal fan". I will never be loyal to a guy who plays so bad that it is speculated he had a concussion, and threw a game on the same day. I mean that is REALLY bad.

HadToDoItCF likes this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Spot on post. People continue to underrate San Antonio teams and particularly Pop's brilliance. To me it seemed obvious that we were being out coached badly out there. I mean Harden is the guy that the blame will be placed upon, but he's trying to execute a doomed strategy against Pop's team....and frankly as coaches go, Pops is GOAT.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Deaf. Keep learning! It's good for you brain!

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

this thread is for all the idiots. We make typos.

HadToDoItCF likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You get to play basketball for a living with millions of dollars as a bonus. Don't treat an elimination game with more disinterest than even a pre-season game. The amount of people apologizing for his lack of effort, heart and laziness is disgusting. Be a ballhog and chuck away even though its not good for the team, yell and be a kobe cancer, keep trying to make that one pass that never works...but keep trying. That's as low as you can set the bar. Anybody that refuses to even meet that has no business sniffing a court. What Morey and co. have done to make Harden feel infallible has come to bite us in the ass.

Real question...how many of you knew he would give up after the game 5 loss? I hated myself for having the feeling he would, but its typical for him to pout and throw in the towel when something doesn't go his way.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This thread got ugly lol.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It never occurred to me for a second - dont I feel the fool.. lol

I actually thought that after fumbling away game 5 he would come in laser focused and dominate - or at least post some impressive padded numbers in a losing effort... do enough that people could say "if he just had more help..."

Watching it my thought was he was pissed and checked out... pulled a diva move. i just cant believe he would hurt his brand like that... esp for a guy that has worked so hard to try to cultivate one...

and what's the alternative? He crumbled mentally? Just flat out froze or choked to the degree that he didn't attempt a single shot for a quarter and half... didn't snag a single rebound for the half...

or he was just jacked up from partying and couldn't even see straight enough to shoot...

not a pretty set of possibilities...

T for 3 likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This thread is like D&D without the politics. Thread bare.

Easy likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

every time i think it's done, it proves me wrong! I love it. keep up the good work folks!

15. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So you don't think that it is a coaching problem that a dude is obliterating NBA turnover records by making a TO'er prone player handle the ball all game? Is that a bigger problem in the playoffs?

McHale didn't let him break the record because he actually attempted to take the ball out of his hands, to little avail. Perhaps that is why he was fired....