1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your favorite in-game Rockets memory?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowsMyDriving, Jul 26, 2010.

1. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

rather than create another thread of endless speculation about any number of players, i thought i'd shelve the RM part of GARM and focus on the GA.

so, to pass the time, i give you this:

what's your favorite in-game rockets moment?

by in-game i mean no picking "when they drafted so and so", or "when hakeem held up the first trophy", or "when rudy gave the heart of a champion speech" etc.

i'm saving mine for a little later, but i'm curious what you guys think.

note: it doesn't have to be tied to the championships, or the team's success, or anything. it just has to be your favorite moment, for whatever reasons you deem appropriate.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mario Elie's kiss of death, is probably my all time favorite...

There was too much time on the clock and I was like...no...no ...no...then...YESSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!

DD

3. YouCompleteMe

YouCompleteMe Member

When Yao came back out after getting hurt in game 1 against the Lakers in 2009,and finished strong. That was very inspiring.

4. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

13 in 35.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

hum......either kiss of death or Hakeem's block on starks...

I was pretty nervous about the suns coming back and elie's shot, didnt really expect it the attempt to begin with, but when he drilled it i couldnt stop celebrating... i literally prayed they'd close it out just seconds before and i think that's the only time i've done it.

As for Dream...I had to leave the house during the final qurter, which was bad enough (i was a young'n back then and i had to run an errand with my mom that couldnt wait), but then i had to fight with my mom over who got to control the radio...finally got it to the rockets' game, just in time to hear the live call the final minutes and i nearly broke her dashboard and caused a wreck when Dream got his block :)

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Dream's block on Rod Strickland

7. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

13 in 35 no doubt. obviously not on the biggest stage but something like that may never happen again.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Quad FOLD

Hakeem blocking Jabar's Sky Hook.

Hakeem blocking Jordan's three point shot

SAMPSON last second shot to win the WC over the LAKERS

Yao's Triple block of Shack's first three shots :p

9. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

Kiss of Death. Unreal.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Shot.

11. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Games I actually went to:
    Brooks beats the Nuggets at the Buzzer. Never been to anything like that. The crowd was so loud.

Greatest in game moment:
    Johnson at the Buzzer.......YES!
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/luBrkc2m9cI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/luBrkc2m9cI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

*I turned off the 13 in 35 with 50 seconds left. Would have been awesome to watch live.

12. Icesavage

Icesavage Member

I have to agree with the kiss of death too.

The other big one is Anderson missing 4 free throws in Game 1 versus Orlando in '95 and then Hakeem's put back in OT to win the game.

13. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Ralph Sampson shot with 1 second on the clock, Rockets vs Lakers, '86 Western Conference Championship, game 5 final shot.

14. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I still get chills watching this!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKOCy9R-h2A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AKOCy9R-h2A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is prolly #2 for me.

15. devilsdandruff

16. lokeej

lokeej Member

Hakeem's tip-in off Drexler's miss, in Game 1 of the '95 Finals in Orlando! Olajuwon didn't even know that that was a game winning tip, as you could see it on his face as he just ran back down the court.

17. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

My all time favorite...Where will amazing happen again?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASxTyFlLYso&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASxTyFlLYso&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#17 Rocket4Life11, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

you know... i'm the biggest tracy hater as the next, but that last 35 secs was beyond amazing.

anyhow... i can't remember who the rockets were playing against, but before this "taunting rule" garbage i remember sam cassell getting an "and one" and chest-bumping someone from the opposite team in celebration. awesome. :) my fav.

19. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Kenny Smith's 3 in Game 1 1994 Finals

Eddie Johnson's game winning 3 to beat Utah 1997 playoffs

Novak's 3 to beat Sacramento and keep 22 game streak alive

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

13 in 35
    22nd win vs Lakers
    the Bradley dunk
    Yao storming back onto the court
    Dreams block on KJ