1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would have happened had we NOT signed Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, May 4, 2013.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Let's play back to the future and pretend we never signed Lin.

We would've rolled out with Tony Douglas as the starting PG, then signed Patrick Beverley of course.

Other than that would the team be the same and would we still reach the playoffs?

2. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

lottery team

1 person likes this.
  3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

We probably would have Dragic. Just maybe.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We'd one about 5-10 more games. Lin's play at the start of the season cost us big.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Starting pg Aaron brooks

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

More like 5-10 games less....Harden's slippage and Parson's injuries at the end would have meant another lottery year.

1 person likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

3,000 fewer members, 58,000 fewer posts, and probably the same record.

1 person likes this.
  8. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

The ****? Yea he had a tough first month but vastly improved from then on. He costed some games but also won us some games and played solid in more games than he didn't. You really think Tony Douglas or Bev could've done better or even the same?

This team would probably be barely .500 or maybe a little below .500 and probably be 10th in the West without Jeremy. But luckily our team is still extremely young. They will all have a full training camp together and I expect all to improve greatly. Even if we dont sign a superstar I see this team being at least 7th next year

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I don't know who we would have played at PG those first two months or however long it was before Beverley was signed.

All I know we would be able to sign Mayo as our 6th man on top of Harden/Dwight starting this off season if it weren't for Lin's contract.

10. conquistador#11

why stop at back to the future. why not sky rimmed or coach go back in time and prevent lin from ever being born. Linminator L-1000

11. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Lin contributed to far more Rox wins than losses. He was never allowed to be on the floor that long if he was missing shots, making TO's, or not defending.

Look at the 82 game log and look at the team wins/losses and his minutes in those games.

1 person likes this.
  12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I've wished as this season went forward that Harden would have gotten traded here sooner in off season. Then Rox would have tried harder to sign Dragic back. If Rox couldn't sign Dragic the Rox would have looked for PG who better complimented Harden. The Lin signing I feel was about marketability more than anything. Lin has some upside but I never liked him over Dragic or Lowery and still don't. I feel it was all about timing really.

13. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Another Lin thread who would've thought. I hope we trade Lin and he goes off for his new team just so I can see this board blow up.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Good point about the timing. I definitely feel Dragic would have fit better. Lowry though, he checked out here mentally a while ago.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that Rox were not going to bring back Lowry, but Dragic would have been such a good fit. Oh well...

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Come on guys, give Lin a break. First full year as a starter, he's done pretty well! I'm sure he'll work on the TO's and the jump shot this offseason, and will be ready to go next season. If Chandler can improve that much over one offseason, why can't Lin?

17. rockets0_12_7_1

EXACTLY thank you , some people are just too ignorant and impatient to at least give that a thought.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

19. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

We are nowhere near playoff without Jeremy - Morey.(recent interview)

1 person likes this.
  20. zawa

zawa Member

Do people really think 13/3/6 stats are a fail and a disappointment for a guy's second legit season and first season as a starter?

I think he's done fine, obviously not the all-star caliber player he'd shown last year, but hes played solid especially down the stretch and just because of a few bad games at a bad time (the playoffs) people should not judge base on those over the entire 82 games that he'd played for us.