1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would be Plan B (if Mike James will not sign with Rockets).

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sherry02, Jul 7, 2006.

1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

This has been and awful offseason, the Battier trade aside , the free agent pool and the draft pool were just very poor and we had way too many holes to fill with very little work with. It seems to me that if Mcgrady is playing well 20 games into the season we should put him on the block immediatley to try to get some depth. It sounds insane but his back is just way to much of an issue to have that much money tied up with him in the next 4 or 5(?) years. We should look to rebuild around Yao with shooting and defense.

If T-mac's nagging injuries continue, and the Rockets continue at the current state we're gonna be another mediocre capped out team. We have a player that has the potential to be the most dominant player in the game. Its a shame to waste that asset in the hopes that T-mac will have a healthy season.

2. nix101

nix101 Member

Since there are no legitimate 2s out there on the market that we can put in the starting lineup right away, T-Mac must play the 2 and Battier the 3. We should try to sign Jumaine Jones, a 6'7 forward who defends and knocks down 3s. Fred Jones is an incredible athlete, but he has a 41% FG and 33% from downtown. Marcus Banks can play D like a M*****F***er, but he has a low basketball IQ. I'm all for signing Banks if we can do it for less than the MLE.

Our lineup should look like this:

PG: Alston, J. Lucas III, Head
    SG: McGrady, Luther Head, Bogans, Richie Frahm
    SF: Battier, J. Jones, McGrady, Novak
    PF: Howard, Hayes, Battier, Novak
    C: Yao, Mutombo, Howard

It's not a championship caliber team, but the Rockets screwed themselves up for making that Gay-Battier trade and failing to sign M. James. I guess it's time for 2007 when Yi Jianlian teams up with his countryman Yao in the frontcourt!

3. nix101

nix101 Member

Give me a break! The Clippers aren' that stupid!