1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was the greatest day of your life? Describe it here

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Nov 9, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'd would like to hear from others about what they consider the greatest day of their life, up to this point. Please describe the day and why it was so great for you.

I will provide my own response in due time.

2. dmc89

dmc89 Member

It's hard to say greatest, but certain days make you smile because everything came together in the end. My pick would be:

Acing a test which I studied just minutes before taking it, having a customer ecstatic with the way I washed/detailed his supercar that he permitted me to take his (gorgeous) daughter out that evening, having enough money to go to Dixon's that very day to buy the recently launched N64/Mario 64 game for 300 quid, playing Mario 64 and falling in love with it, taking the daughter to the Michael Jackson concert and making out with her - lots of jealous looks from other men, and finally getting laid that night.

Along with a few others, this would be in the top 10 of my joyful days.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was shooting hoops after high school one day, just by myself. And after a while, a couple of guys who were up to no good started making trouble. I ended up in a little fight with one of them. Got home and my mother was pretty upset about the obvious fight. And she put her foot down right there. Said, "You're moving out of League City. You can go stay with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel Air."

I really hated the idea and I pleaded to stay. But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way.

In retrospect, since I got a better education and gave up my (hopeless) basketball dreams, *that* was the greatest day of my life. Kind of bittersweet.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

countryside ?

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

6. Nook

Nook Member

The birth of my son was very special. I waited later to have my first and it was something I had wanted a long time. I am sure that is a common favorite though.

I remember having a great time in Saudi Arabia with prostitutes, cocaine, liquor and then girlfriendand several friends and associates. We were there for "papers". Most remember just having a great time. The difference between what happens in the "open" and behind closed doors is amazing... Especially when you are 22 years old and in over your head.

Remember visiting the historical sites in Ireland with my wife and friend from Ireland. Everything was perfect, everyone was happy... Beautiful outside, the scenery was amazing, ate at a pub, got blasted. Drove to Belfast hammered and then had a small party drinking, smoking Cuban cigars and beating a drum naked at 3 am with the neighbors not complaining but joining us. Great people, great times and experiences that are hard to replicate in USA.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The 4-hour window bigtexx didn't post in the Aggy thread.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

2008 of November.

Greatest Tuesday ever.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

10/30/14 at 3:52PM. My first born arrived into the world and she's stolen my heart ever since, late night feedings and diaper changes included.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

After two marriages and the birth of four children, I can't name just one!

On a more petty note: at the final buzzer of our last game against our bitter rival, I made a heave from half-court (not a game winner, we were well ahead) and got carried off the court on fan's shoulders. Pretty heady for a kid.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My list is pretty simple...in order

1. My Wedding Day
    2. June 22nd, 1994
    3. The First Parade experiencing the whole day with one of the most beautiful women I've ever known
    4. My ETS Party

#11 heypartner, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  12. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Greatest day of my life easily was the day I came home from Iraq! My brother picked me up at Fort Hood and we drove down to my hometown. I then proceeded to lose my virginity to my then girlfriend. Boommmm!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The day my significant other, who had moved into the upstairs duplex in front of my garage apartment two blocks from Hermann Park a few days before, spotted me under a large bush by the garage digging up worms to feed my pet owl, who was sitting on my shoulder.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The first day I took off my shirt to poop.

#14 Mr. Clutch, Nov 9, 2014
  15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Every day is pretty awesome. I don't have a greatest day because then life would get depressing trying to compare everything to that special day.

16. cebu

cebu Member

Definitely not today. Car battery dead.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You're a set of jumper cables away from the best day of your life.

18. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

The day I registered on Clutchfans
    then known as Clutchcity

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ones that come to mind:

marrying my best friend...watching her walk down the aisle. sitting on the bed with her in our hotel room wating for our food to get there from room service. just so good. can't express enough the difference it's made in my life marrying my best friend. i don't have words big enough for it.

the birth of both of my sons.

being at MMP with both of my boys on their first Astros games. I have picures of both days in my office. Love it. Comes full circle for me and my connection with something (baseball - Astros) with generations before me...and a generation after.

winning a trial in galveston with a hometown jury and a hometown judge against a prominent galvestonian. faith in system (how ever limited) restored.

watching my older boy play hoops. he's amazing. first time i saw him clearly better than others on the court and guy next to me says, "wow..good thing he's on our team." that was a fun day. i need to figure out who his REAL father is :) no way that kid comes from me

watching my younger boy excel in things I have ZERO connection with. so much his own person. love that!!!

I've jumped the shark because i'm not limiting it to one day..sorry, bigtexx..but GREAT thread idea!!! real stuff. I love it. Thanks.

I tried to give you rep for this...said I need to spread it around.

#19 MadMax, Nov 9, 2014
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

The day we got Jerry Lin (both times).