1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What percentage do you expect Kevin to shoot this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CDrex, Feb 20, 2010.

?

What will be Martin's '09-'10 FGP as a Rocket?

1. below .390

23 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. .390-.410

39 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. .410-.430

74 vote(s)
    34.6%
  4. .430-.450

55 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. .450-.470

13 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. over .470

10 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I can give countless names of players whove had consistent shooting careers. Reggie miller seemed like a good one given both of them are pretty similar in nature.

Kings fans say Tyreke had nothing to do with Kmarts shooting woes, its more his wrist injury... We'll see if he can truly recover from it.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

he's been back for a grand total of 17 games after missing over 2 months of action. And with a broken wrist, my assumption is that he wasn't doing a whole lot of shooting practice. That's on top of the team becoming more Tyreke-centric.

I'm pretty much ok giving him time to come back from the injury.. surprised that any fan isn't.

And in the end, I'll take the experts' and doctors' opinions over what people have heard from Kings fans..

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Those opinions are that none of his previous injuries will linger.

they never said his weak ass frame won't continue to get broken down during the physical nba schedule.

He does not have a TMAC back or a Yao foot but he has injuries every year and has been missing more and more games as a trend.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

definitely a concern I can understand, but I'm going to have to say we need to wait and see a year at least before making a judgment like that. A sprained ankle is something that can happen to anyone--and pretty much does. (Misdiagnosis/mistreatment is supposedly what caused it to become a long-term injury last year) And the wrist injury was a freak injury.

Almost reminds me of the people that said Matt Schaub was injury prone before this season. I was vehemently against that argument, too, so maybe I just don't like to make assumptions without anything concrete to back it up.

People said the same thing about Iverson's style of play, but his body never broke down on him really during the prime of his career. Though I think he could have easily suffered some random, freak injuries here and there--anyone can.

5. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Having watched Martin since 2007, I believe he'll get out of the slump and shoot at least 43% (I voted for 45%). But that's not where his flaw lies. He cannot be relied on in the second half, and more importantly, the 4th quarter, to make a shot or a free throw. It's going to be a painful season if he carries this over to Houston.

Hopefully, this is not the case -- especially when Yao comes back.