1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What organization is more important to this City?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tinman, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

But then they play 81 games versus a smaller amount for the other 2. The way I see it, football is just huge in Texas in Houston. But the Rockets are my favorite team, if I had to choose one.

2. Buck Turgidson

Did you read my post? Pretty sure I covered that.

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Man I hear you, I would give anything for the Oilers colers, history, crowd etc. etc. but the Texans represent Houston and they are now my team so I love them and want them to win. I think most Houstonians like you who want the feeling you used to have with the Oilers will get some of that back when we get this thing right with the Texans.

I will cry when the Rockets win the title this year and get back on top, I will freak out if the Astros ever win a world series because I used to sit in that empty dome when the team was bad and the city really did not care so I will feel very good and just celebrate.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

in name only.

5. texanskan

I agree, Rockets would have to turn into the jailblazers or 90s era crackwagon cowboys for me to not have them number 1.

Football is so huge and when the Astros are doing well this is a fun town but if they go through a four or five year stretch of losing than all the fun over the past few years will be a distant memory.

The Rockets are getting their fan base back with not only quality players but quality guys, us diehards rooted for the Mo Taylors, Griffens, Cato's and to a lesser extent a very immature Steve Francis but the casual fan saw those guys and said "I don't like these punks" so to me it seems like they are bringing in quality people.

The Stros seem to have quality people but outside of Big Puma not much personality.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I read your post, but I think you're neglecting to mention that the Astros have more games than the Texans.

:)

7. MadMax

do you think the current Rockets have more personality than the Astros??

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

All of the other professional teams in Houston could leave town as long as I have my Astros. For me, nothing comes close to the attachment that I have for baseball and the Stros.

9. MadMax

i certainly don't want the others to leave. but you're right..to me everything pales in comparison to the 'stros.

10. Master Baiter

I'm not saying I want them to leave, not at all.

11. texanskan

I think Big Puma has the best personality in this town but when Yao, JVG, Battier and to a lesser extent Mutombo and CD are being interviewed I listen.

I could care less what Garner, fat ass, clemens etc say.

Give me Roy O and Big Puma with the stros.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

oilers>astros>rockets>texans

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The Astros kind of lost me then the changed the rainbows and lost the scoreboard at the dome etc.

Basketball has way more personality and soul than baseball period. It's not even close.

The Academy Sports and Outdoors culture doesnt do it for me.

14. MadMax

i'm not entirely sure what that means...but...
    where does being an elitist fit in with buddhism?

as for which is better...hoops or baseball...entirely subjective. there's no arguing in the world that will convince me i actually like hoops more than baseball.

15. updawg

updawg Member

What does that mean?

its the right stuff for the right price,

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It means if you go to any Houston Academy and look around, those are the same people who are at Astros games. They have kids named Austin and own boats and giant bbq grills.

17. Mr. Clutch

in your opinion.

18. Master Baiter

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

19. Mr. Clutch

Agreed. It's not just that culture. I just don't "feel" it for the Astros, really. One World Series in all of their history? Downright pathetic. If the Texans don't get to the Super Bowl in 30 years then I'll feel as badly for them too.

20. Buck Turgidson

Ugh...time to EMPLOY the Swoly method of CAPITALIZATION for EMPHASIS. ;)

Little do you know, Max, that it was originally the "Ninefold Path to Enlightenment", but they lost the 1 scroll covering "Self-Superiority".