1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what old rockets do u remember watching play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MykTek, May 30, 2005.

1. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

not only do you remember all the players since 86, you have them in order of their rosters chronologically by year!

The ones that stick most in my mind are Alan Levell, Sleeply Floyd, World B. Free and Purvis Short, although I confused them now....Derrick Cheivous...the Minnefield...some guy called the Rubber Band man...

Ya know, to be quiet honest, I didn't have cable so I never could watch the games unless they were on 59, so most of my rockets experience was listening to Gene Peterson while pretending to do homework.

#21 NewYorker, May 30, 2005
    Last edited: May 30, 2005
  2. leehoang

leehoang Member

Chucky Brown.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Sam Mack, The Wizard, Air Bull, 2 Sandwiches

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Vin Baker, Moochie Norris, Charles Oakley, Clarence Weatherspoon. They're all old. :)

5. MykTek

MykTek Member

i really had nothin else to do.... LOL, alot of times on my hand and i was trying to organize them in order....hehehe.... man, i still remember HSE! ! !

6. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

it was the Big Whopper (not Bopper)

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

Cedric Maxwell (aka "Cornbread")

I remember in 87 when our team was wrecked with injuries and suspensions ..we traded for Maxwell and a few games later, he dropped a triple double for us in Indiana to help win the game

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah codell,that was one of the few good games he had for the Rockets,as the Celtics left us holding the bag.But he DID tear us apart in the Finals.

#28 Plowman, May 31, 2005
    Last edited: May 31, 2005
  9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ýou saw him play?:D :D You are the only one
    :D :(

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

remembering your guys means remembering their names. Like Randy Livingston

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

Yeah he didn't last long with us. He could never get those TPS reports right despite multiple memos.

:)

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

The human Trampoline Bill Willoughby and the Whopper Billy Paultz. Don't forget the man with the worst shot in history once graced our doors Stacey Augmon.

13. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I always thought that a flea would fly into Chevious' mouth at the free-throw line.

You think Mike James had a rainbow shot, try Purvis Short, that sucker would bring rain all of the time.

Leavell was always out of control when he drove the lane.

Whenever we played ball we always called the sorry player Granville Waiters

One game in the 86 Finals, when they called the starting lineups, I wondered why Lou Lloyld and Mitch Wiggins was the only ones sweating like waterfalls before the game wvwn started.:D

Ah the memories.

14. yobod

yobod Member

Definetly Sleepy Floyd and Larry Smith are the 2 oldest I can remember

15. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

some notable memories

...Paultz, Malone, Hayes, Rudy T, Murphy & Barry (I used to have a Rick Barry rockets basketball card with him shooting free throws granny style)

... seeing the San Deigo Chicken (special guest) at a Rockets - KANSAS CITY Kings game

- game three of 86 playoffs against the Lakers (the Jack Nicolson game - where to pre-country 93 Q radio station gave everyone Nicolson-esque sunglasses to wear during the game - Rockets WON :cool: :D )

16. Coog

Coog Member

Some real old-school names:

Jimmy Walker
    Jack Marin (who we got for trading Elvin Hayes)
    John Lucas
    Mike Newlin
    Rick Barry
    Moses Malone

First Rockets game I ever saw was back in '72. Rockets beat the Knicks
    at Hofheinz. Knicks had Walt Frazier, Dave DeBusschere, and a tall,
    skinny, goofy-looking backup center named Phil Jackson. It was the same
    day as the Super Bowl when Dallas beat Miami--they flashed the score on the scoreboard during the game.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Allen Level, Akeem and Ralf Sampson

18. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Olajuwon, Sampson,Craig Ehlo,Otis Thorpe,Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Matt Bullard, Carl Herrera,Robert Horry, Scotty Brooks, Sam Cassell, Mario Elie,Clyde Drexler, Pete Chilcutt,Zan Tabak,Charles Jones, Chucky Brown, Eldridge Recanser, Sam Mack, Charles Barkley, Kevin Willis, Eddie Johnson, Othella Harrington, Randy Livingston, Brent Price, Sedale Threatt, Emanual Davix, Matt Maloney, Rodrick Rodes, Scottie Pippen, Michael Dickerson, Bryce Drew, Anthony "Pig" Miller, Antoine Carr, Stanley Roberts, Cuttino Mobley, Steve Francis, Shandon Anderson, Walt Williams, Kenny Thomas, Kelvin Cato, Carlos Rogers, Maurice Taylor, Dan Langhi, Jason Collier, Eddie Griffin, Oscar Torres, Terence Morris, Glen Rice, Tierre Brown, James Posey, Juaquin Hawkins, Bostjan Nachbar, Tito maddox, Jim Jackson, Eric Piatkowski, Mark Jackson, Mike Wilks, Alton Ford,
    Vin Baker, Moochie Norris, Charles Oakley, Clarence Weatherspoon

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I once heard Chris Berman refer to French tennis star Cedric Pioline as Cedric "Cornbread" Pioline.

20. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Every player since 1987 (I was five at the time)...My parents were too cheap to get cable, so I would listen to the games on the radio in my room and play along on my nerf goal:) Funny thing was that I couldnt get radio reception in my room unless I adjusted the hallway light to a certain setting!

airflights92 likes this.