1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What former Rocket would you like to see back on the team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eedgejr, Jul 15, 2007.

1. g1184

g1184 Member

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

This is completely off-topic:

I was watching a Rockets game from the 1993 playoffs Game 7 against the Sonics, first game featuring the 'old school' players of the Rockets I've ever seen, and Hakeem is great. I was quite surprised at how good Horry was in the game, but I don't know what happened in the end since it went to overtime and the NBATV decided to switch to NBA Action.

3. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

i'd take Mobley cuz he would get Francis for free to Houston. So we basically have Mobley and Francis

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I picked Cuttino because he is a true 2 that can allow Tmac to move back to the 3 where he plays best. He's a good defender who can cover most 3's in the league also. He can also create his own shot or spot up for a 3. He can bring the ball up in a pinch also.

If we wanted to go big, we could have Mobley, Tmac, and Battier on the court at the same time.

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Although he never really wore a Rockets uni, I'd go for Richard Jefferson. I think it's a good choice since this is a wishful thinking thread.

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

Of course I wanna have Boki back. Great, young guard who can really shoot the ball. I remember what he did with us when Rockets and Nets played

7. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I voted for BSR. Without him, this site probably wouldn't exist. The Rockets need someone in the playoffs that can make a big shot in a close game.

8. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Boki is the only 1 that could actually help us. Well I guess Rob is like the NBA's Rabbit Foot!

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I can't believe my boy Cat is in last place. He was awesome until he went to the Clippers, where careers go to die. He can shoot the rock like Head, can play the point in an offense based on the post, and is a great defender.

Sam Cassell is 83 years old, 2 of the last three seasons he has missed 20 plus games. He is worn out.

Robert Horry goes on vacation after the finals and doesn't show up again until the second round of the playoffs of the following season. I will give the guy credit for always signing with a dynasty because he likes winning rings more than making a few extra bucks.

Steve Francis used to be a million dollar body with a five cent brain. Since then, his body has broken down. There is a reason he has been traded for expiring contracts, packaged with good players to get a fat malcontent in return, and payed $30MM to not show up.

Bostjan Nachbar is a scrub. He couldn't get any playing time on the Rockets behind such luminaries as Terrence Morris and an old Jim Jackson. Then he went to the juggernaut that was the New Orleans Hornets and was again buried on the bench behind Desmond Mason and Lee Nailon. :eek: Finally, in NJ he was forced to play with an injury to Richard Jefferson, and posted a career high in PER of 14.5 making him almost an average player. His previous seasons were all under 11.

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Chucky Brown.

We need good mojo.

11. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

12. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

My Vote goes to Calvin Murphy!

Back in the broadcaster's booth of course.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Boki, he still owes Yao money.

14. Wolfhound

Wolfhound Member

Boki from the list and maybe Cassell for a one year deal. What about Posey?? I know he is way overpaid!

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Wow this is one of the closest polls I've ever seen. All the votes are pretty spread out.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

The Dream baby!!!! Man just 5-10 min off the bench would provide more excitement than the whole team lol

17. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

With our expected motion offense Boki would a nice fit with his 3 point shooting ability and slashing.