1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what about Barbosa?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by runninhorns, May 9, 2006.

1. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

After watching Barbosa through the playoffs, I believe he's the perfect player for the Rockets to pick up. He is lightning quick and can shoot the J, but the best part of his game is his defense which JVG would love. What would it take to get him? I'm sure he wants to get out of Nash's shadows too and get more playing time somewhere else.

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

He's under contract for another year. Considering the number of Suns players that have their contracts up pretty soon, he might be get-able. But like I said, that's for next summer.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He looked awesome at the Kentucky Derby -- if he wins the triple crown he would be way to expensive for the Rockets.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would hope that the rockets solve their backcourt issuses this summer by finding a SG in the draft and a PG through trade (jho, stro) or FA.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Barbosa taken at 28 by San Antonio right before Josh Howard taken at 29. That 2003 was money from top to bottom. Gaines and Bell are the only players that haven't made any contribution. I remember hoping that somehow we would trade up to bottom of the first and draft Barbosa. Spider arms. He will earn every bit of the MLE next year. And Phoenix can't keep everybody.........can they?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Next year? C'mon...what's realgm for anyway:

Houston Trades: Stromile Swift, 2nd round pick
    Phoenix Trades: Barbosa, Brian Grant, Pat Burke and Tskitishvili

Successful Scenario!

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I know you're probably joking, but the way the Suns seem to get the most out of their players, I wouldn't be surprised if a deal like that went down, Stro went over there and ran and jumped and dunked his way into looking like a poor man's Stoudamire while Barbosa came here and couldn't shoot straight.

9. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

if you want any player on the suns, you have to get Nash too b/c he is the only person that can get production out of these guys (not named Marion)

10. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Good idea, let's do that. We'll throw in RyBo to make it work.

Then we can trade Grant to Minny for KG.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

True enough...but I bet many here would prefer that anyway. All those people the Suns would be trading are on the last year of contracts (effectively getting us out of the Stromile Swift deal)...

But I was joking

12. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

that's what I was thinking man.. I am cheering on The Suns right now just because My rox are not in the playoffs, and I am really impressed with what Leandro has done so far.. he basically won game 7 for them against Kobe (oops, I mean the Lakers) and the best thing I've seen is that : HE GOT MR. BALLHOG KOBE ON LOCK!!! :eek:

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Nash
    RocketForever
    Tmac
    KG
    Yao

This team will win the next 5 NBA championships if RocketForever can somehow improve his FG percentage from 5% to over 15%.

Do it, CD!

#13 RocketForever, May 9, 2006
    Last edited: May 9, 2006
  14. dream2franchise

I'd throw Marion in their as well. It's just me, i think this guy is overrated to a certain extent. He is probably one the best garbage players of all time, awesome rebounder and defender, but i think if he were asked to carry a team and create his own offense, he would struggle mightily.

He has had the benefit of playing with Jason Kidd and Steve Nash-two of the best PG of the last 20 years, in a running style of basketball which is perfectly suited to his abilities.

He is one of those players who need the PG and the system to truly excel. Like K-Mart, Tim Thomas have shown. We just haven't seen him outside of his comfort zone.

15. MONON

MONON Member

And that's the rub if you're trading for a Suns player other than AS, SM or Nash. Without Nash, the rest fo the suns can't survive.

16. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

OMG does Marion shine in garbage minutes. My god is he overrated. He wilted in the Series with the Lakers. He has nice games, and then when things go not so good, he disappears.

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

what about barbosa?

he's not going anywhere , the suns realise they've got something potentially special there. they've got him on lockdown unless he screws up big next season. and if that happens none of us would want him or be talking about him anyway!

so i say go back to talking about going after Bell.

3pt shooter , solid D, cagey veteran.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

its the system. he would fit great because the Rockets are the model team of NBA Fast Break. Our 120-130pt games and our great outside shooting persona would fit Barbosa nicely.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

The last team I would want to see Stromile on would be the Sun's. Nash would milk him for easy points all day. I don't think JVG ever ran any easy bucket alleyoop plays for Stromile during the season, JVG just had the team running in the mud trying to grind it out all game.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TskitishviliTskitishviliTskitishviliTskitishvili