1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook: "I don't give a f*** about (my stat) line."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Major

Major Member

Yeah, that's probably correct - but at the same time, it's WB driving or the threat of him driving that opens everything up for others. So if the other team doesn't rotate, he then has to shoot in that situation because the shooters aren't open for a pass. He does seem to be a streaky/average shooter at best, so it seems like he'd benefit from attacking more later in the game and either getting easier shots or getting fouled. I haven't seen much of this series, but I did see that 4/18 4th quarter a couple of games ago - he didn't even look interested in putting up good shots. He was just throwing nonsense up - that was pretty ridculous.

Great question. I only saw that game 2 chunk where he went to the bench at the end of the 3rd before his 4/18 performance, and it seemed like everything went to hell on both offense and defense. To be that bad (a pace to lose games by 80 or 100 points), it seems like it has to be a total breakdown everywhere - bad offense, turnovers, bad defense.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've never liked Westbrook... he's a major talent, but he's always been a bit of a hot-headed jerk, if you ask me.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL....

Adams at the end with the "Leave me out of this bro.." look.

This is who WB is. The reporter should know his history. He was not going to get WB to budge just by whining. Poor guy sounded like he was about to cry..."but but Adams didnt answer my question"..

WB is like a modern day Barkley. He is a grade A *******. Personally, I find him entertaining, but maybe thats because i am an ******* as well..

His "No more questions for you bro...Troll" remark at the end of the conference in the video (2nd one) below still gets to me even today. Especially since it came when he was defending Harden..

BigMaloe, fba34 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The more questions he steals the more likely he wins Most Valuable Interviewer for the playoffs.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

While hijacking a question for another player is not, WB refusing to acknowledge a leading question is something he does on a regular basis. This gets attention just because it's a playoff game.

I no longer follow OKC much, but normally the local media there is very polite not to offend players or the team. The guy asking the question and firing back after WB's answer is Berry Tramel, a local guy with the Oklahoman. I wonder if there will be repercussions for him.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Well, if he is a local guy then he should know WB well.

Did he really expect WB to change his stance, given his history?

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. It's so ironic that he kept saying this is a team thing and he didn't even let his teammate answer a question.

8. Mr. Space City

westbrook takes rebounds away from adams, so of course he takes questions from him too. :p

#128 Mr. Space City, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    BigMaloe, heypartner, Wapzoe and 7 others like this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

People, 2:29. Brought tears to my eyes. LOL!

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yup.

Gets me everytime.

Probably the best NBA moment in the history of the league.

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

honestly, I don't little dislike him anymore because of this. If anything he is sticking with this team and I kind of legitimately believe it is not about getting more attention and he doesn't want the media to turn his team and him against each other.

what I do dislike now is how harden gets fouled really hard by Andre Roberson in game 2 and he goes to check if he is OK and tries to help him up and Westbrook comes out of left field saying no dont do that and calls Roberson to stop.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This dude Westbrook wins when he loses! They love his *******-ish ways! He is now Charles Barkley's favorite player. His press conference, and the Adams missed ft and Westbrook's subsequent 3, is now dominating the conversation. Rockets won the game! lol.

furthermore, Harden's been saying the same stuff in his interviews. The togetherness, team, all that stuff, nobody cares because Harden.

I hope this **** ends Tuesday.. Please basketball Jesus, make it so.

adw and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  13. _Numberfifty

_Numberfifty Member

I think it's really entertaining to see Russell Westbrook being the first player to get 3 straight tripledoubles in the playoffs since Wilt did it.
    But social media is still going crazy over Nene not missing a shot! Gotta love this crazy world.

It's just unfortunate that they didn't preceive his triple doubles against winning the same way during the regular season.

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

This video just shows what a b****ass Kevin Durant is lol

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That sure is funny and the reporter is sort of a stubborn one too. Adams was reluctant to answer any other way.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I don't think Westbrook is a dick. I think he is just really ****ing dumb. He probably honestly thinks that was a super valiant thing to do.

heypartner likes this.
  17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He hijacks questions because he thinks they count for steals.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

No point in getting a steal unless you get 10

Easy, rhee and Obito like this.
  19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

10 before the 1st quarter & then forget about them.

Invisible Fan and Pen15clubber like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Russell Westbrook even came up with a cool slogan after that answer, #runasone. Good job, Russ!